|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- MATCH - FEDERER 6-2 6-1 7-6(5) KAVCIC: Federer wraps up an impressive performance and moves into the third round in straight sets.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 6-6 KAVCIC: Kavcic has grown in stature throughout the set, and some gutsy tennis produced to take a Federer in this form all the way into a tiebreak.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 6-5 KAVCIC: Federer's inside-out forehand and crosscourt driven backhand have been his bread-winners today, and they came alive again here too,
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 5-5 KAVCIC: A gutsy hold from the Swiss challenger while staring down the barrel, one game away from defeat.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 5-4 KAVCIC: Another strong Federer hold puts him one game away from the third round. We'll see whether he can move on without overcomplicating anything.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 4-4 KAVCIC: A slick deuce ace out wide sets up game point for Kavcic and the journeyman converts moments later.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 4-3 KAVCIC: Another easy hold for Federer, but just the hint that Kavcic is finding a little more luck than the first two sets.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 3-3 KAVCIC: Kavcic seals a third victorious service game in a row with an ace, at least putting some pressure on the Swiss to hold serve.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 3-2 KAVCIC: The Federer serve fires down more bullets and there is little resistance waiting for it on the other side.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 2-2 KAVCIC: With Federer's form somewhat back down to earth, Kavcic seizes the opportunity and coolly records only his fourth hold of the match.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 2-1 KAVCIC: Another routine hold for Federer. Kavcic responds to a slick inside-out forehand winner from the Swiss by banging his own racquet as if it was somehow his mistake and not the doing of his opponent on the other side of the court.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 1-1 KAVCIC: At last, the world number 99 achieves parity for the first time in any set as a pair of Federer shanks bring him the first service game of the set.
- FEDERER 6-2 6-1 1-0 KAVCIC: Yet another routine hold from Federer to begin the first set - an ace and two winners punctuating his arrival in set three.
- SET - FEDERER 6-2 6-1 KAVCIC: Federer takes the second set! If his form in the first set was impressive, the second was majestic. 17 winners and only 6 unforced errors from the sixth seed.
- FEDERER 6-2 5-1 KAVCIC: Normal service is resumed on the Federer serve as yet more first serves come raining down on an opponent incapable of dealing with them.
- BREAK - FEDERER 6-2 4-1 KAVCIC: Completely unfazed, Federer responds to the loss of his serve by mercilessly nuking Kavcic's serve once more. Every return deep, penetrative and utterly unplayable.
- BREAK - FEDERER 6-2 3-1 KAVCIC: The infamous Federer shanks rear their ugly heads and the Slovenian raises both hands in the sky as he finally breaks the Federer serve.
- BREAK - FEDERER 6-2 3-0 KAVCIC: Once again, Federer breaks and doesn't look like halting anytime soon. Kavcic's serve is weak and inviting, but it's a returning clinic from the former champion.
- FEDERER 6-2 2-0 KAVCIC: Another service game, another routine hold. Federer's serve and forehand combining to look completely impenetrable.
- BREAK - FEDERER 6-2 1-0 KAVCIC: Despite missing the first break point with a wayward return, Federer wastes no time in breaking immediately in the first game of the new set.
- SET - FEDERER 6-2 KAVCIC: Federer poweres through a completely gung ho first set 6-2 in 26 minutes. So far, so good for the four-time champon.
- FEDERER 5-2 KAVCIC: Kavcic avoids the breadstick and picks up his second service game of the match, once again courtesy of solid serving and little else.
- FEDERER 5-1 KAVICIC. The rout continues. Once again, Federer eases through his service game without any kind of opposition from Kavcic.
- BREAK - FEDERER 4-1 KAVCIC. Once again, Federer breaks so quickly. Kavcic is desperately trying to load everything onto the Federer backhand, but the Federer backhand simply takes control and dispatches a couple of crosscourt winners for good effect.
- FEDERER 3-1 KAVCIC. Another faultless service game from the Swiss to edge head once more. Both forehand and backhand flowing effortlessly in these early stages.
- FEDERER 2-1 KAVCIC. After the opening blitz, the Slovenian quickly pits his name to the scoreboard with a few solid serves.
- FEDERER 2-0 KAVCIC. Federer quickly doubles his lead with a typically efficient service game. Not a second wasted so far today.
- BREAK - FEDERER 1-0 KAVCIC. Up now on Hisense is Roger Federer up against Blaz Kavcic. Already, the Swiss number one has flown out the gates, breaking Kavcic in the first game with some effortlessly precise hitting.
|Date of Birth||05/03/1987|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|