|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- MATCH - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 1-6 JANOWICZ: It's over. Jerzy Janowicz recovers from a two set deficit to dispatch young Aussie Jordan Thompson in five sets. Despite all the difficulties early on, a thoroughly routine finish for the 20th seed.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 1-5 JANOWICZ: Thompson saves a match point and, upon holding with a service winner, throws his hands to the air in ironic celebration. Janowicz to serve out the match.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 0-5 JANOWICZ: In one point, Janowicz offers up exactly what separates him from the rest of the tall, big-serving baseliners as he swoops sideways to retrieve a Thompson kill shot and uses all his athletic prowess to redirect it for a crosscourt forehand winner. The Janowicz serve dominates the rest of his game, and the Pole is suddenly a game away from round two.
- BREAK - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 0-4 JANOWICZ: After a series of games in which the dreary monotony of big serving was rarely broken, out comes Janowicz favoured drop shot to win the point. Thompson reciprocates on break point, but the Pole sweeps to the net and cleans up his second break of the set.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 0-3 JANOWICZ: More thunderous deliveries from Janowicz are enough to seal the third game of the first set. Thompson futilely attempted to move further behind the baseline, but there is little to be done against a top player in such imperious serving form.
- BREAK - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 0-2 JANOWICZ: With nothing left to give, two exhausted errors from the teenager appear to seal his fate. Janowicz is only too glad to mop up his opponent's errors, punctuating the break with an emphatic pump of the fist.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 0-1 JANOWICZ: A quick hold from the 20th seed puts the pressure straight back on his opponent. After such a poor performance, Janowicz has shown his resilience and used his serve impressively.
- SET - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-6 JANOWICZ: Janowicz predictably sees off the fourth set and pushes it into a fifth and final set. After the fireworks of the first few sets, Thompson now struggling with the pace of Janowicz's strokes as the Pole moves through the gears.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-5 JANOWICZ: Saving break point with a well-dispatched volley, Janowicz eventually consolidates off the back of his blistering serve.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 2-4 JANOWICZ: Thompson keeps the deficit to one single game with more well-taken first serves. Meanwhile, with break in tow, Janowicz seems to be paying little heed to his return games, instead focusing on his own service games.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 1-4 JANOWICZ: Despite arguing with the umpire at every point, Janowicz holds once more and looks perfectly dominant in spite of the set deficit that remains.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 1-3 JANOWICZ: Thompson finally halts the five-game rut against him with some solid serving.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 0-3 JANOWICZ. Another seve-dominated service games allows The Pole to consolidate his break. An incredible effort will be required for Thompson now.
- BREAK - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 0-2 JANOWICZ. Unsurprisingly, the break finally comes as unforced errors begin to stream off Thomson's racket. The youngster has done exquisitely, but the irreplaceable value of experience is beginning to show.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 0-1. JANOWICZ: A simple, serve-packed hold for Janowicz to seal the first game as he attempts to recover from two sets down.
- SET - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-6 JANOWICZ: And under the glare of serving to stay in the set, Thompson finally crumbles. Just a few loose errors were enough for the tide to turn.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-5 JANOWICZ: Despite his poor play and atititude, Janowicz is still well in with a shot as he holds and piles scoreboard pressure on his young opponent.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 4-4 JANOWICZ: Another pivotal 30-30 point, another massive showing from young Thompson. This time he fires down an ace at the perfect time and holds, once more, with aplomb.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 3-4 JANOWICZ: Indiscriminately slapping every ball, Janowicz easily holds with a crushed cross-court backhand. It may just be that Janowicz is even more dangerous without his inhibitions.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 3-3 JANOWICZ: A bold forehand down-the-line at 30-30 saves Thompson as he refuses to succumb to nerves. Easily, Thompson sees the game out and piles the pressure back on his opponent.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 2-3 JANOWICZ: Saving another break point, Janowicz eventually seals his service game with an ace. It does little to calm his seething at the change of ends.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 2-2 JANOWICZ: Thompson continues apply pressure with a quick and easy riposte to Janowicz’s previous rapid service game.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 2-1 JANOWICZ: Still exasperated, the Pole cruises through his service game with minimum fuss.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 1-1 JANOWICZ: Another game with an endless amount of deuces follows. Unable to find an kind of adequate return on the important points, Janowicz surrenders the game with yet more loose forehand errors.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 0-1 JANOWICZ: More deuces and more simmering anger from Janowicz, but this time he fires down some opportune first serves and holds for 1-0 to keep himself in the match.
- SET - THOMPSON 6-1 6-4 JANOWICZ: Still seemingly clinically immune to nerves, Thompson closes out the second set with a ace straight down the T. A home upset well and truly on the cards.
- BREAK - THOMPSON 6-1 5-4 JANOWICZ: In a battle royale of a ninth game, the two men trade game and break points until a Janowicz forehand flies well long, but not before a magnificent sliding, one-handed passing shot from the 19 year-old with his back to the net.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 4-4 JANOWICZ: Thompson fires back with a hold of his own. In spite of his complete lack of experience, he remains as cool and impassive as ever in stark comparison to his seasoned opponent.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 3-4 JANOWICZ: Janowicz quickly gaining momentum in the match with another easy hold.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 3-3 JANOWICZ: The young Aussie continues to make a mockery of his ranking with more showboating; this time ending the his service game with a thumping, sliding bounce-smash.
- GAME – THOMPSON 6-1 2-3 JANOWICZ: The Pole slaps down an easy ace to hold. Janowicz slowly beginning to resemble the top 20 player he supposedly is.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 2-2 JANOWICZ: The full array coming from the young Australian now - serves easing past 130mph, penetrating forehands and lightning-fast movement around the court. The result is a hold for two-all.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 1-2 JANOWICZ: After digging himself into a 15-30 hole, a mini tantrum from Janowicz forces out some top tennis as he finally lands his first successful dropshot in the process.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 1-1 JANOWICZ: An unlucky net cord from Thompson falls kindly for Janowicz, but in his rush to end the point, Janowicz lashes out at the ball which flies out. Another comfortable hold for the young Aussie.
- GAME - THOMPSON 6-1 0-1 JANOWICZ: Janowicz narrowly avoids falling down another early break. A series of typically bombastic serves drive him to his first service hold.
- SET: THOMPSON 6-1 JANOWICZ: A serve and well-struck forehand are enough for Thompson, the world number 321, to take the first set 6-1 against the world number 21.
- BREAK - THOMPSON 5-1 JANOWICZ: Janowicz’s trademark dropshot surfaces twice in a row but each time he is out-foxed by his young opponent. From double game point, a few loose forehands follow and Janowicz is suddenly staring down the barrel of a sad 1-6 breadstick.
- HOLD - THOMPSON 4-1 JANOWICZ. The teenger follows up the break with a series of solid, well-places serves. No nerves to speak of.
- BREAK - THOMPSON 3-1 JANOWICZ. Surprise break for the young Australian as he shows impressive resillience to shrug off missed break point opportunities and break. Janowicz errors ae certainly helping.
- GAME - THOMPSON 2-1 JANKOVIC. Most of the time Janowicz has returned into court, he has won the point. Sadly for him, he has seen little of it. Spirited start from the young Aussie.
- GAME - THOMPSON 1-1 JANOWICZ: The Pole fends off a break point and holds with a series of big serves and forehand winners.
- GAME - THOMPSON 0-1 JANOWICZ: No nerves from Jordan Thompson to begin. The Aussie 19 year-old soars through the opening game with two service winners and two aces.
- Up on Hisense Arena in 50 minutes are twentieth-seeded Jerzy Janowicz and young wildcard Jordan Thompson.
|Date of Birth||20/04/1994|
|Date of Birth||13/11/1990|