No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So, Berdych is through to the last four where he awaits the winner between Stanislas Wawrinka and Novak Djokovic, coming up in about 30 minutes time.
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 6-4 FERRER - An ace out widr from Berdych helps him to within two points of the semi-finals although he then nets a forehand to allow Ferrer to level at 30-all. A great rally from the Spaniard then earns him break point, a cross court forehand winner going into the space. But Berdych saves it with a forehand winner of his own. Two more forehand winners and Berdych has the win that puts him in his first Australian Open semi-final.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 5-4 FERRER - Berdych thumps a forehand down the line after running round the ball to bring up his a first match point. Comical scenes follow as Berdych thinks he's hit the baseline with a forehand, the shot is overruled by the umpire and then hawkeye doesn't work for an age before eventually showing that in fact the ball was long. Ferrer then goes on to hold and force Berdych to serve out the clash after the change of ends.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 5-3 FERRER - Berdych finds himself 0-30 but recovers to hold with a booming forehand down the line after running around the ball. Ferrer is just not confident at all still with some of his favoured shots but he will have to serve to keep this match alive next.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 4-3 FERRER - Ferrer hangs on to this match, just, as he eases through a love service hold to keep the pressure on Berdych.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 4-2 FERRER - Really impressive hold from Berdych despite taking a nasty looking tumble on the baseline. Berdych's foot just appears to get stuck on the court and rather than turn the ankle too much the Czech player goes down. He is unharmed, luckily, and can get up to continue the 11 minute game which finally ends when he finds a forehand to hold.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 3-2 FERRER - Berdych breaks to 15 as Ferrer loses concentration once more and throws in a much poorer game. Credit to the Czech player who looked as though he was losing his focus and was starting to have to battle two opponents - himself and Ferrer.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 1-2 FERRER - Another coupke of solid service games apeice from both players as this fourth set continues to go with serve without too much trouble. Big service games coming up shortly now.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 0-1 FERRER - Ferrer holds for the opening game of this fourth set, he's looking like a completely different player again now - energised and ready. The Spaniard holds with a forehand down the line that outpaces the Czech player who's shoulders are dropping slightly.
- - SET - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-6 FERRER - Ferrer paints the lines with a couple of his returns to bring up two set points. Berdych saves them both but goes on to net a forehand and gift Ferrer a third chance to wrap up the set. And this time the Spaniard does wrap up the third set, pinching it with a forehand down the line that Berdych simply cannot cope with
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-5 FERRER - Berdych lets out a shout of frustration as he nets a forehand while Ferrer cruises to the hold that consolidates the break. There are ugly scenes through as Ferrer wants the towel from behind a lines judge and shoves the man in question aside to get to it. No need for that at all.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-4 FERRER - Berdych can't quite keep his forehand down the line under control as he is a bit guilty of playing the scoreboard. The ball drifts wide down the line and Ferrer goes on to break for the lead in this third set. Is this the start of the Ferrer comeback?
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-3 FERRER- Berdych choses not to go down the line where there is soae and instead goes across court, helping Ferrer holds when he hits a forehand long. That was a big hold for ferrer,
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 2-2 FERRER - Berdych opens with an ace down the centre of the court before going on to hold for the loss of just the one point when Ferrer sends a routine forehand just long of the baseline. The Spaniard slashes at the ground with his racquet in frustration
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 1-2 FERRER - Ferrer races through his easiest service game of the match so far, a hold to love, and even finding his first ace of the afternoon in the process.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 1-1 FERRER - A tougher service game for Berdych as he is forced to recover from 0-30 down before being able to hold.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 0-1 FERRER - Berdych goes just long wirh a backhand down the centre of the court to hand Ferrer triple game point. He fails to take advantage of the first, instead sending a forehand of his own long, but Berdych misses a bachand down the line on the second and Ferrer has the first game of the third set.
- - SET - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 FERRER - A fifth ace from Berdych, plus another big serve that Ferrer can only slap back into the net, and it's two set points for the Czech. He only needs the one though, finding his sixth ace (right down the centre of the court) to wrap up the two sets to love lead.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 6-1 5-4 FERRER - Another brutal game from Berdych who is making Ferrer look slow around the court, incredibly. Another forehand goes long from Ferrer to hand Berdych more break points, but the Czech only needs the one and riffles an off forehand across court for the winner, comfortably beating the Spaniard for pace. Berdych will serve for the second set after the change of ends.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 6-1 4-4 FERRER - A few better signs of life from Ferrer in this game as he earns himself triple immediate break back point by forcing Berdych into the backhand error across court. The Czech saves the first when Ferrer nets a forehand down the line after running round the ball. But he can do nothing about the second and nets his own change-of-direction backhand down the line to concede his break advantage
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 6-1 4-3 FERRER - Ferrer continues to look dangerous when coming forward, he has barely had to play a volley so far as he rattles a forehand approach shot down the line for a winner. But Berdych battles back and breaks for a third time with an very tight volley, just sneaking his backhand volley over the net for a stop volley winner after pushing Ferrer wide and deep with his cross court forehand approach
- - BERDYCH 6-1 2-3 FERRER - Ferrer still looks a step slow, even half way through thte second set, but finds a way to post an important hold from 40-30. A smash winner brings up game point for the Spaniard and he is quick to take advntage of it now as when Berdych nets a forehand
- - BERDYCH 6-1 2-2 FERRER - Another pair of comfortable service holds, one apeice, as this match continues to siddle through the second set. Berdych seals his ohld with another ace, his fourth of the match already.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 1-1 FERRER - Consecutive aces for Berdych much to the delight of the crowd who want to see some kind of excitment start to pick up in this clash. It's all too comfortable for the Czech player so far.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 0-1 FERRER - Better from Ferrer to open the second set as he holds without too much trouble. Is that the first signs that the Spaniard might finally get by getting going in this clash?
- - SET - BERDYCH 6-1 FERRER - It's a very subdued that greets the completion of the first set by Berdych. The Czech player has absolutely raced through this opening set, sealing it at the second attempt when Ferrer fails to find the court with a backhand.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 5-1 FERRER - A backhand winner from Berdych and a poor backhand from Ferrer, and the Czech has two more break points. Ferrer saves the first with a much better first serve that results in Berdych hitting the backhand error. But the seventh seed does secure the double break at the second attempt when Ferrer goes long with a forehand
- - BERDYCH 4-1 FERRER - Ferrer does at least force Berdych into a tougher service hold this time around as he finds a cross court forehand winner. But an ace seals the game for the Czech to maintain his blistering start
- - BERDYCH 3-1 FERRER - A bit of a missed opportunity from Berdych as he looks like secureing the double beak with another thumping winner down the line. But from there he opts to go all across court and Ferrer manages to belatedly get off the mark
- - BERDYCH 3-0 FERRER - A booming forehand winner down the line helps Berdych on his way to a comfortable service hold to consolidate the early break. This is all very one-sided so far as Ferrer continues to battle to get going.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 2-0 FERRER - Ferrer is really struggling to get going still as he hits four straight errors to concede his serve, despite taking the first two points after forcing errors from Berdych.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 FERRER - Great start by the Czech as he eases through an opening service hold despite dropping the first point on a forehand error. That's the only point he does drop though as Ferrer struggles to find his range
- - Here we go then - the players are just about ready to go and t will be Berdych to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - STATS - These two have faced each other 11 times before with Ferrer leading the head-to-heads by seven wins to four. On the hard courts, Ferrer's record is four wins to two although both of Berdych's hard court wins have come indoors at the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the first of the men's quarter-finals on day nine of the Australian Open. This one is between third seed David Ferrer and seventh seed Tomas Berdych
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|