No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Berdych, then, is through to the quarter-finals of the tournament where he will face third seed David Ferrer on Monday.
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 6-3 ANDERSON - Despite another tumble on the baseline and another call that Berdych cannot agree with, the Czech player wastes little time in earning himself a match point. And he only needs the one as Anderson goes long with a forehand.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 5-3 ANDERSON - Anderson races through a solid service hold to at least force Berdych to serve out the match. The Czech has not dropped his serve all week though.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 5-2 ANDERSON - There's a potential spot of controversy as umpire Gerry Armstrong changes his mind about a call under challenge from Berdych. But Anderson is so tired he can't even be bother ed to argue and Berdych goes on to hold and consolidate the break. Anderson will have to serve to keep this match alive after the change of ends.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 4-2 ANDERSON - Berdych flicks a low, dipping forehand over the net which Anderson struggles to get down to, let alone get back over the net, and it brings up two more break points for the Czech player. He only needs the one, despite Anderson's heroics as he chases wide of the tramlines to flick a running forehand back around the net post. It doesn't miss by much (that would have been quite a winner) but Berdych has the break.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 3-2 ANDERSON - Another blink-and-you'll-miss-it service hold from Berdych as he continues his relentless march through this clash. Important times coming up for Anderson here.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 2-2 ANDERSON - Anderson does well to recover from the fatigue of his last service game and posts a love hold when Berdych goes for too much on his return and slaps a forehand long.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 2-1 ANDERSON - Anderson lands one forehand right on the baseline but then looks as though he has barely any energy on the next point and Berdych holds to love with a big first serve to sneak out in front once more.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 1-1 ANDERSON - Berdych very nearly gets up to a great drop shot from Anderson but although he does get a racquet to the ball, it's not enough to get the ball up and over the net. Anderson holds for the loss of just the one point to get his third set account underway.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 1-0 ANDERSON - It's a love service hold to start the third set for Berdych as a retreating Anderson sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline. Relentless stuff from the Czech seventh seed.
- - SET - BERDYCH 6-2 6-2 ANDERSON - Berdych unleashes a monster backhand across court and right on to the baseline to level at 30-all. Anderson saves a first set point with a forehand that Berdych cannot return in play, and then also a second with a great first serve. A third goes begging for Berdych when he hits long while Anderson finds an ace to save a fourth. Anderson also does the same on a sixth set point. But eventually Berdych finds a backhand winner to take his NINTH set point!
- - BERDYCH 6-2 5-2 ANDERSON - A booming serve down the centre of the court brings up game point from 30-all and prevents Anderson from a break point (he's yet to have one today). And it's another big serve that does the damage for the Czech as Anderson can only return it into the net.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 4-2 ANDERSON - Much better from the South African as he posts a service hold without drama to at least vaguely keep the pressure on Berdych, albeit already a break down in this second set.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 4-1 ANDERSON - Berdych eases through another pretty comfortable service hold to consolidate the break in this second set. The Czech player is one of just two men left in the draw not to drop his serve yet. The other man? One Rafael Nadal.
- - BREAK - BERDYCH 6-2 3-1 ANDERSON - Berdych squanders a first break point with a mis-hit forehand pulled wide across court, while an Anderson ace saves the second. Berdych earns himself a third chance with a trip into the net and a backhand volley that exposes the movement of Anderson. And this time the Czech does secure the break, again coming up to the net and forcing the South African to go for too much on his attempted passing shot down the line.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 2-1 ANDERSON: A superb winner sees Anderson come out on top in a 22-shot rally. It opens up an opportunity at 30-30, but he follows it up with an error that leaves him howling in frustration. Berdych responds with a stonking serve before an error into the net sees the South African's chance of break evaporate into thin air.
- - The winner of this match will take on number three seed David Ferrer in the QF. Tennis - Australian Open men Men - P1 - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
- - BERDYCH 6-2 1-1 ANDERSON: That will have done wonders for Anderson. A couple of thumping first serves give him the ascendancy and he goes on to take the game to love.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 1-0 ANDERSON: Berdych means business and is coasting through his service games. Anderson needs to find some mental strength and belief or this match could disappear on his horizon all too quickly.
- - PHOTO: Anderson in action against Roger-Vasselin in round three.
- - BERDYCH 6-2 ANDERSON: SET! Anderson lets a commanding 30-0 lead slip and is then forced to save a break point. Berdych turns up the heat once more and the South African cracks, firing a shot way too long to gift his opponent the first set.
- - Schedule for Monday now available via @AustralianOpen
- - BERDYCH 5-2 ANDERSON: Berdych consolidates the break with some confident serving to take the game to 30. The pressure's on Anderson as he prepares to serve to stay in the first set.
- - VIDEO: Relive the stunning winner that helped Berdych on his way to the break.
- - BERDYCH 4-2 ANDERSON: BREAK! Berdych finally makes some headway on the Anderson serve and clocks up two break points with a stunning crosscourt winner on the run. A delay over a suspected problem with the net knocks his focus and he fires wide before Anderson forces deuce with an ace. The South African then undoes his own good work with a double fault to gift Berdych the break at the third time of asking.
- - PHOTO: Berdych in action against Kenny De Schepper in round two.
- - BERDYCH 3-2 ANDERSON: the Czech ace continues to fizz down some belting serves and Anderson offers little resistance. My money is on a tie break already!
- - BERDYCH 2-2 ANDERSON: More solid serving from the South African sees him take it to 15 as Berdych whips a forehand on the stretch into the net. Still with serve, perhaps unsurprisingly.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 ANDERSON - Boom! A service winner quicly followed up by a forehand winner from Berdych and he holds to 15 for a second time to sneak back out in front again.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 ANDERSON - Anderson is equally emphatic on his opening service game as Berdych and holds for the loss of just the one point, sealing the game with a service winner. Expect plenty of those from the lanky South African.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 ANDERSON - Anderson opens with a blistering backhand winner but that is the only point Berdych allows him in the first game as he races through to hold with a forehand winner.
- - Here we go then, the players are ready to go and it will Berdych to get the clash underway by serving first....
- - STATS - These two have played each other a whopping nine times before but the good news for the Berdych camp is that the Czech player has won all nine of them. That doesn't make for good reading for Anderson.
- - Hello and welcome to game-by-game coverage from this fourth round clash between seventh seed Tomas Berdych and 19th seed Kevin Anderson
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||18/05/1986|