Premier League - Papers: Chelsea plan Tevez bid

Sun, 01 May 09:37:00 2011

Carlos Tevez could be set for fourth move in five years as Chelsea are reportedly preparing a £40 million bid for the unsettled Manchester City captain.

- 0

The London club have engaged agent Pini Zahavi to broker a deal that would see the Argentine join Fernando Torres at Stamford Bridge next year, according to the Sunday Mirror.

City boss Roberto Mancini has said that he will not stand in the way of any players who want to leave the club.

"I will fight for every player who wants to stay here, whether it is Carlos or another player," Mancini said.

"But I think it is difficult in 2011 to keep one player who does not want to stay at the club. Carlos has a contract but I don't know what is going to happen to him."

Internazionale and Juventus have both also expressed an interest in the 27-year-old while Real Madrid also look to be in the market for a new striker after telling City that they will not meet the £12m price tag on loanee Emmanuel Adebayor.

But City are set to exchange the favour with a shock bid for Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti (News of the World).

Reports in Italy last week suggested that Mancini will return to Juventus and City have come up with a contingency plan - with Ancelotti as their main target.

City look set to spend at least some of the money from the potential sale of Tevez immediately as they are ready to offer Everton £20 million, and Wayne Bridge, in exchange for fullback Leighton Baines (Sunday Express).

Arsenal, Liverpool and Bayern Munich have all expressed an interest in the 26-year-old Toffees defender but City are hopeful that their bid will see Baines sign for them.

City are also in the chase to sign Scott Parker this summer (Sunday Mirror).

Parker has made it clear that he will leave West Ham if the side is relegated and City and Tottenham are keeping a close eye on the midfielder and his £10m valuation.

Spurs have already tried to sign the 30-year-old twice and City now look set to swoop in and steal him from their London-based rivals.

Over the other side of Manchester, United have been told that they will need £80m if they are to sign Wesley Sneijder from Internazionale (Sunday Express).

Whilst Sneijder's fee is the comparatively small £30m, the Dutch midfielder is looking to sign a five-year contract and currently earns £10m a year at Inter.

United are also interested Udinese forward Alexis Sanchez and are keen to pip City in securing the Chilean's signature (News of the World).

City have set aside £20m for Sanchez and United will have to outbid them if they are sign Sanchez.

Down in London, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a bid to lure striker Karim Benzema from Real Madrid (Sunday Express).

The Frenchman but he has failed to secure a regular starting spot at the Bernabeu under Jose Mourinho and is likely to be let go for half of the £34m that he cost Real back in 2009.

Over at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea are looking to hijack Manchester United's bid for Rennes's Yann M'Vila (Daily Star Sunday).

United were set to make an offer of £15m for the Frenchman but Chelsea are set to top that by £10m in a move to lure the midfielder to Stamford Bridge.

Any move by the Blues though could be scuppered by M'Vila, who has previously said that it is his dream to play for United.

Wigan are set to lose striker Hugo Rodallega as they face the reality of relegation to the Championship next season (Daily Star Sunday).

A number of Premier League clubs have been eyeing up the Colombian international including Sunderland and Everton but La Liga side Sevilla are also interested.

And finally, Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey are set to play for Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics after FIFA guaranteed that a joint side will not compromise Home Nation's independence (Mail on Sunday).

Scotland and Wales have been opposed to participation in a British team as they are concerned that FIFA will then end the independence of the individual federations within the governing body.

But FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke has written to the British associations to assure them that the London Olympics would be a one-off and would not compromise any future matches.

Eurosport

Not already a Yahoo! user ? to get a free Yahoo! Account