Sergent heads Driedaagse prologue
Jesse Sergent won the prologue at the Driedaagse van Westvlaanderen, his first pro tour win as his Team RadioShack dominated in Belgium.
The New Zealand rider won the 7km Middelkerke course in eight minutes and 14 seconds, with team-mates Sebastien Rosseler and Sam Bewley completing the podium 10 seconds behind.
Sergent also took the leader's jersey for the overall lead, with RadioShack sweeping five of the top seven places.
Svein Tuft (SpiderTech Powered By C10, fourth) and Patrick Gretsch (HTC-Highroad, sixth) made up the top seven.
Saturday’s first stage proper is between Bruges and Bellegem.
Prologue top 10:
1. Jesse Sergent (NZl) Team RadioShack 0:08:14
2. Sebastien Rosseler (Bel) Team RadioShack 0:00:10
3. Sam Bewley (NZl) Team RadioShack
4. Svein Tuft (Can) Team Spidertech Powered By C10
5. Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Team RadioShack 0:00:11
6. Patrick Gretsch (Ger) HTC-Highroad
7. Nelson Oliveira (Spa) Team RadioShack 0:00:15
8. Jimmy Engoulvent (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 0:00:19
9. Robert Wagner (Ger) Leopard Trek 0:00:20
10. Roger Kluge (Ger) Skil - Shimano 0:00:21