Hepburn takes l'Avenir prologue
Australia's Michael Hepburn won the prologue of the Tour de l'Avenir – an eight-day race for national teams dubbed the "Tour of the Future" for U23 Tour de France prospects.
The 20-year-old clocked a time of 7.13 minutes around the 6.6km course in Yutz to finish ahead of his countryman Rohan Dennis who was four seconds back.
Tom Dumoulin of the Netherlands finished third – 18 seconds behind Hepburn.
Luke Rowe was the best place Briton in 10th.
Hepburn will now defend the leader's yellow jersey in the first stage proper on Monday as the riders make the 160.5km trek from Yutz to LunÚville.
1. Michael Hepburn (Aus) 0:07:13
2. Rohan Dennis (Aus) 0:00:04
3. Tom Dumoulin (Ned) 0:00:18
4. Jakub Novak (Cze) 0:00:22
5. Hugo Houle (Can) 0:00:22
6. Michael Valgren Andersen (Den) 0:00:26
7. Dimitri Le Boulch (Fra) 0:00:27
8. Matthias Allegaert (Bel) 0:00:28
9. David Boily (Can) 0:00:28
10. Luke Rowe (GBr) 0:00:29