Bardet wins stage, Boily leads
France's Romain Bardet claimed stage five of the Tour de l'Avenir as Canadian David Boily again retained the overall leader's jersey.
Bardet took victory on the at the end of the route from Champagnole to Le Saleve three seconds ahead of Denmark's Jepser Hansen and a further nine ahead of Johan Esteban Chaves.
Boily finished in 10th place on the day, 50 seconds behind the stage winner, but it was enough to hang on to the leader's jersey for another day.
Chaves lies just seven seconds behind Boily on the GC, with Vegard Stake Laengen in third.
The Tour de l'Avenir is an eight-day race for national teams dubbed the "Tour of the Future" for U23 Tour de France prospects.
Felice Gimondi, Joop Zoetemelk, Greg Lemond, Miguel Indurain and Laurent Fignonall are all previous winners of the Tour de l'Avenir in the past who went on to win 12 Tour de France titles between them.
Stage five results:
1. Romain BARDET (FRA) 04:37:03
2. Jesper HANSEN (DEN) 00:00:03
3. Johan Esteban CHAVES (COL) 00:00:12
4. Warren BARGUIL (FRA) 00:00:26
5. Tim WELLENS (BEL) 00:00:33
6. Sébastien REICHENBACH (SUI) 00:00:33
7. Vegard Stake LAENGEN (NOR) 00:00:33
8. Mattia CATTANEO (ITA) 00:00:35
9. Georg PREIDLER (AUT) 00:00:50
10. David BOILY (CAN) 00:00:50
1. David BOILY (CAN) 21:27:38
2. Johan Esteban CHAVES (COL) 00:00:07
3. Vegard Stake LAENGEN (NOR) 00:00:21
4. Mattia CATTANEO (ITA) 00:00:31
5. Georg PREIDLER (AUT) 00:01:29
6. Christopher JUUL-JENSEN (DEN) 00:01:31
7. Jordi SIMON (ESP) 00:01:38
8. Warren BARGUIL (FRA) 00:01:38
9. Dimitri LE BOULCH (FRA) 00:01:43
10. Tom DUMOULIN (NED) 00:01:44