Serie A - Inter deny Capello contact
Inter have denied suggestions that they sought to discuss their vacant coaching position with England manager Fabio Capello.
Capello's son claimed on Tuesday morning that Inter had been in contact as the Nerazzurri search for a replacement for Leonardo, who is moving to Paris Saint-Germain to take up a technical role.
However, with Euro 2012 just 12 months away, Capello apparently told Inter he is not interested in discussing the position.
When asked if it was true that contact had been made with Inter, Pierfilippo Capello told The Sun: "Yes. But Fabio will remain with the FA."
However, Inter have now denied having any interest in appointing the former Milan and Real Madrid boss.
"I can confirm that Inter has not contacted Fabio Capello or the English FA," said Inter Milan sporting director Marco Branca.
"We are not interested in Capello. There are still no developments on the coaching front."
Capello's contract expires after the end of England's Euro 2012 campaign and it will not be renewed.
Inter's search for a new coach has been difficult so far. Former Chile and Argentina boss Marcelo Bielsa turned them down while president Massimo Moratti was unwilling to pay Andre Villas-Boas's release clause at Porto.
Former Genoa coach Gian Piero Gasperini is believed to be a target, but Fiorentina have stated that their own coach, and former Inter player, Sinisa Mihajlovic will be staying at the club.
“Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic and the club would like to again underline that their professional relationship is not up for discussion, as was made clear by the coach in these past few days,” a statement read.