Winter Olympics - Australia withdraw from four-man

Reuters - Wed, 24 Feb 09:53:00 2010

Australia's four-man bobsleigh have withdrawn from the Olympics because two of its crew are suffering from concussion.

Australia's Jeremy Rolleston and Duncan Michael Pugh (L) recover after their crash in their first heat of the two-man bobsleigh event at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics in Whistler - 0

Duncan Harvey and Duncan Pugh were both involved in roll-overs during last week's two-man event and have not fully recovered, their team said.

"The decision was certainly not taken lightly," Ian Chesterman, Australia's chef de mission, said in a statement.

"When it comes to the health and well-being of the young men and women who proudly wear the Australian colours, we have to weigh the risks, and if there is any doubt, we err on the side of caution."

Follow the Winter Olympics 24/7 on British Eurosport (Sky 410 / Virgin 521) and Eurosport HD (Sky 412). British Eurosport channels are streamed online via the Eurosport Player.

Reuters

Not already a Yahoo! user ? to get a free Yahoo! Account