Deals collapse on Millers

Tue, 29 May 14:27:58 2012

Rotherham have been dealt a double blow as bids to sign a winger and central midfield player have both fallen through.

The club announced on Monday that they were hoping to complete the signing of an unnamed wide player on Tuesday and that talks were at an advanced stage regarding a midfield recruit.

But Millers boss Steve Evans said: "We thought a deal had been agreed for the young man to join us, but he arrived with his representative, we had a brief handshake and I left him with [chief operating officer] Paul Douglas.

"Paul has since told me that a deal could not be concluded in line with the numbers we are working to, so he has now left the building and hasn't signed. Paul has told me that the numbers didn't meet with what we had agreed and written down [on Monday]. He's someone I still like as a player, someone I thought we could develop, but it wasn't to be."

Regarding the club's second transfer target, Evans added: "Communications might resume on that, but at this minute in time that deal is off too."

Rotherham, who will kick-off the 2012/13 campaign in their purpose-built New York Stadium, have already signed strikers Daniel Nardiello and Kayode Odejayi, defenders Ian Sharps and Nicky Hunt, plus goalkeeper Scott Shearer since the end of the season.

 

Not already a Yahoo! user ? to get a free Yahoo! Account