Ferrari suspended work at its Maranello base on Tuesday following the earthquake in northern Italy.
Although the area around the Ferrari factory was not among those worst affected, with the centre of the quake 40 kilometres north of Bologna, Ferrari felt it was important to halt operations for the day.
A statement on its Twitter feed said: "After the earthquake, working activity has been suspended for today. All the workers and employees have been allowed to join their families."
Fernando Alonso added: "After the earthquake, the team has decided to stop the activities at the factory. We are all going back to home."
Ducati, located nearer to Bologna and therefore to the quake centre, also shut its factory down for the day.
"Ducati today is closed due to the earthquake. People are ok, we are verifying the factory," its Twitter feed said. "We feel very close to all the families and people that live near here for this difficult moment."
Italian media reports say that six people have so far been confirmed dead as a result of the earthquake.