Championship - Austin double fires QPR to Wembley final with Derby
- -QPR scramble the ball clear and the referee blows the full-time whistle, Redknapp and his men are through to the playoff final!
- 120'+1Wigan have a corner!
- 120'OH SO CLOSE! Kieran has an ambitious shot at goal and nearly gets his reward, the ball deflecting agonisingly wide of the post.
- 119'Tony Fernandes, QPR's owner, looks on in delight. The fans bite their nails. QPR are nearly there.
- 118'QPR win a free-kick and this set piece will be pushed straight down the line and into the corner flag to waste more time.
- 117'Wigan just aren't getting enough men forward in attack. QPR are looking very comfortable.
- 115'Morrison has to be treated for a head injury after a clash with Kiernan.
- 114'Hoilett looks to run down the time in the corner but he's forced to play the ball out for a goal kick.
- 112'Simpson makes a wonderful sliding tackle on McClean who had Waghorn in support and in a great position. Wrong decision from the Irishman.
- 110'The time wasting has started with QPR keen to keep possession at the corner flag.
- 108'Just 11 minutes remain, Wigan need to start playing more direct because at the moment the short passing game isn't working.
- 107'Wigan players get in each other's way, Austin steps up and slices a volley at goal which Carson has to push over the bar. Corner.
- 106'The second-half of extra-time is underway. QPR formed a huddle at the break. They're 15 minutes away from Wembley.
- -Half-time in extra-time. Wigan have 15 minutes to save their season.
- 105'Waghorn wins Wigan a corner. Still time to level.
- 104'One minute added time.
- 102'"BOBBY ZAMORA" chants ring around the ground, what a performance from the big forward tonight.
- 100'Wigan are looking dead on their feet, they've conceded two sloppy goals this evening and will be disappointed if they are to have their dreams crushed.
- 99'Barnett tries to make amends for his error as he wins his header from a free-kick but his effort is well over the bar.
- 97'That's a really sloppy goal for Wigan to concede. Barnett was sleeping. QPR are on their way to Wembley at present.
- 96'GOAAAAAAAAAAL!! 2-1 QPR - AUSTIN DOUBLE! Zamora plays in Austin who gets in front of Barnett and slides the ball into the net!
- Queens Park Rangers Goal
- 94'After such a fast and free flowing 90 minutes, the extra time has started rather sluggishly.
- 93'Sorry, a goal-kick was given. QPR back on the attack now.
- 92'Yun gets to the byline and swoops a cross in which Barnett wins but QPR have a corner.
- 91'Extra-time is upon us!
- -The referee blows the whistle for full-time, extra-time coming up!
- 90'+2Maloney takes the free-kick but it's hard and low and into the wall. A waste.
- 90'+1Maloney does really well to win a free-kick from around 30 yards out. It's in the Wigan man's territory as well.
- 90'Four additional minutes to be played in normal time.
- 89'Austin is running around without a squad number on the back of his shirt after it got ripped in the aftermath of his goal celebrations.
- 88'Wigan are throwing men forward and it's making for a really exciting game.
- 87'Three minutes of normal time to play, can we get a late, late winner?
- 85'Brilliant pace and determination from McClean to beat his man on the flank and deliver a cross but once again Onuoha is there to prevent a goalscoring opportunity for Wigan.
- 84'GREAT SAVE FROM CARSON! Hoilett lines up Barton on the edge of the area who tries to guide the ball into the back of the net but Carson makes a really good stop to deny him.
- 83'Brilliant defending from the wrapped up Onuoha who ushers the ball out of play. The centre-half has been a rock today.
- 81'A long pass causes Wigan's defence all kinds of problems, Zamora sneaks in amongst three defenders and just loops a shot onto the roof of the net. Zamora has been a real handful since coming on.
- 80'QPR do brilliantly to clear the ball and launch a counter attack with Zamora hammering a shot just wide of the goal.
- 79'McCleans find himself in a really good position to deliver a cross but his effort is blocked and Wigan have a corner.
- 77'That goal has got the home fans going!
- 76'Waghorn collects the ball from a throw-in and slides an effort from just the effort which Green does well to get down and collect.
- 75'15 minutes remain in this match, extra time is looming unless we can get another goal. Such fine margins.
- 74'Carson caught Zamora in the aftermath of the goal, the goalkeeper tried to kick the ball out of the ground just as the former England striker went to collect the ball.
- Wigan Athletic Substitution
- 73'GOAAAAAAL! 1-1! Austin calmly strokes the penalty into the corner, sending Carson the wrong way.
- Queens Park Rangers Penalty
- 72'PENALTY to QPR! Caldwell slides in on Hoilett in the penalty area, correct decision. Big, big chance!
- 71'WIGAN CHANGE: Martyn Waghorn replaces the hard working McManaman.
- Wigan Athletic Substitution
- 70'Hoilett fires over from 25 yards when he had time and space and he really should have done better.
- Queens Park Rangers Substitution
- 68'MORRISON ON: Ravel Morrison replaces Gary O'Neil. Third and final change for QPR.
- 66'WHAT A CHANCE! Kranjcar plays in McClean who finds himself through on goal but is denied by a wonderful save by Green. The rebound falls kindly to the Irishman but he can only knock it against a post from a really tight angle.
- 65'QPR give the ball away to Perch in a dangerous area, Perch found McManaman but Barton does brilliantly well to shoulder the Wigan player off the ball. Great defending.
- Queens Park Rangers Substitution
- 64'QPR SUB: Redknapp is starting to throw caution to the wind as Zamora comes on in place of Doyle.
- 62'ANOTHER BOOKING: Kranjcar goes in recklessly on Perch. Three yellow cards in a matter of minutes. The game has just slowed down a little.
- 60'DOUBLE BOOKING: Barton is punished for bringing down Maloney and then team mate O'Neil also goes into the referee's book for a late tackle on Gomez.
- 58'The rain is starting to tumble down now and it is evident the players are having problems, Hoilett has just produced a rather timid shot at goal from distance but Carson could only push the ball away.
- 57'Barton concedes a soft free-kick and Wigan have a chance to breathe. It's been all the home side since they conceded that goal on nine minutes.
- 56'Wigan just do enough to deal with the set piece.
- 55'Barton runs into space in centre of midfield, plays the ball to Austin on the flank who wins QPR another corner.
- 53'Maloney makes a brave but crucial block to deny Kranjcar who had just unleashed a fierce half volley at goal. What a bit of defending!
- 52'Wigan are beginning to come into the game a little more now.
- Queens Park Rangers Substitution
- 50'Hill is replaced by Suk-Young Yun in an early second-half sub for QPR.
- 49'Perch falls to the ground to disrupt QPR's attack, much to the frustration of the home support. The goalscorer is holding his ankle.
- 48'Barton whips the ball in, Wigan clear after initally failing to remove the danger.
- 48'Nothing worth noting for the previous corner but QPR have just won a second corner in quick succession.
- 47'QPR started the second-half just how they ended the first period, applying the pressure and winning an early corner.
- 46'And we're off for the second-half. A big, big 45 minutes awaits!
- -Half-time. James Perch's early goal separates the sides.
- 45'+6We're deep into injury time now, O'Neil - who is back on the pitch - swoops a dangerous cross into the area which Boyce does really well to meet.
- 45'+5Nice build up play from QPR, including Austin who lays off Doyle, but the effort is low and wide of goal.
- 45'+4McClean collects the ball 30 yards from goal, he shifts the ball onto his left foot before striking over the crossbar.
- 45'+1Bloodied, O'Neil is brought off the pitch for further treatment. There will be five minutes of added time at the end of the first-half.
- 45'O'Neil and Maloney clash in the air and it's the QPR player who comes off the worst. He's receiving treatment and this doesn't look good.
- 44'Wigan will be delighted with this first-half performance, only a minute to the break.
- 43'Simpson drives forward once more and sends a cross towards the front post, Boyce clears.
- 42'Wigan are struggling to get out of their own half here. QPR win another corner, it's taken quickly, towards Austin at the back post but the big forward gets his shot all wrong and it blazes into the sky and into row Z.
- 41'The home side are pushing forward and playing like their careers depend on it. Really good game so far.
- 40'Carson has hurt himself after a collision with McClean in the goalmouth. He should be fit to continue.
- 39'Austin rises highest to the ball and McClean clears the ball off the line! Can Wigan weather the storm?
- 38'Kranjcar - who has had a really impressive first-half - drifts past Wigan challenges before pushing yet another cross into the six yard area. Wigan clear.
- 37'Wigan are living dangerously here. First, Doyle delivers a cross into the box, Hoilett wins the ball in the air but Wigan are alert to clear, O'Neil picks up the ball who sees his effort just go wide of the goal.
- Wigan Athletic Substitution
- 36'Wigan are forced into the first change of the night as McArthur picks up an injury and is replaced by Roger Espinoza.
- 35'The corner doesn't come to anything. QPR have dominated the last few minutes.
- 34'GOOD SAVE! Kranjcar picks the ball up on the edge of the area and fires a powerful effort at Carson who pushes the ball away for a corner.
- 33'Kranjcar takes the corner, a really great delivery but no one is able to get a proper connection on the ball and it goes out for a goal-kick. Still 0-1.
- 32'Boyce mis-kicks his clearance and QPR have yet another corner.
- 31'Wigan are unable to clear the lines and keep giving possession away. Simpson finally delivers a cross in for QPR which is well headed away by the visiting defence.
- 30'Gomez delivers a really poor free-kick and, again, it goes harmlessly for a goal-kick.
- 29'Kranjcar slides in on McArthur, free-kick.
- 27'Almost half an hour played and QPR are losing by a goal. Wigan looking comfortable.
- 25'Onuoha has to be wrapped up after a nasty head collision.
- 24'Looking at the replay and that's a really stupid action by McClean. Had he stayed on his feet he would have had a wonderful chance to double his side's lead.
- 22'PENALTY APPEAL! McClean is booked for falling to ground after O'Neil plays a short pass towards his goalkeeper, there's not enough pace on it, McClean latches on to the loose ball and attempts to go around the onrushing Green before collapsing. Brilliant refereeing.
- 19'The ball is fizzed in, Carson comes and misses and then the ball appears to strike the arm of McArthur. Despite the home fans appeal, the referee signals play on.
- 18'QPR win another corner - the home side are keen to respond immediately.
- 16'An early goal is just what this match needed. We mentioned earlier how this contest hasn't provided too many goals in the past but now QPR must really attack the visitors.
- 15'QPR continue to apply the pressure.
- 14'Kranjcar leaves Caldwell for dead before delivering a really dangerous ball across the face of goal but no QPR player can get near the ball. What a cross.
- 13'Maloney takes the free-kick but it's rather poor and sails out for a goal-kick.
- 12'It's Barton's turn to hack down Gomez but this time in a much more dangerous position. Wigan have a chance to drive the ball into the six yard box.
- 11'O'Neil drags down Gomez after the former Boro player gave away possession cheaply. The home team becoming frustrated.
- 10'What a start for Wigan who have silenced the previously noisy home fans. Redknapp has some thinking to do...
- 9'GOAAAAAAL!! 0-1 Wigan! Just as I was bemoaning a slow start, the visitors have taken the lead! McClean delivers a deadly ball towards the front post and Perch nips in to put the ball beyond the reach of Green!
- Wigan Athletic Goal
- 5'A rather scrappy start to the match with neither side able to keep a hold of the ball.
- 4'Wigan only half clear the danger, the ball sets up well for Doyle who angles a shot at goal but it just drifts wide of the crossbar.
- 4'Carson - now a regular starter for Wigan - gets enough on his gloves to punch the ball clear for a throw-in.
- 3'Wigan concede a soft free-kick in a dangerous area. Barton delivers the set piece to the back post which Perch is alert to and clears for a corner.
- 2'Wigan in black, QPR in their traditional blue and white. Loftus Road is bouncing.
- 1'And we're off! Who will triumph tonight? The game is finely poised, there's so much at stake - let's hope both teams deliver entertainment!
- 19.40FIVE MINUTES TO KICK-OFF! Four of the last five meetings between these two clubs has ended level with the three previous meetings between the sides this season producing just one goal – which came in a 1-0 victory for Rangers at Loftus Road back in March. Let's hope for more drama tonight!
- 19.35QPR have won three of their last five league games, drawing one and losing one. Their only defeat since 8 April was a 1-0 loss at Leicester on 19 April.
- 19.30This short video shows just how important tonight's game is to QPR.PLAY-OFF COUNTDOWN: QPR v WIGAN ATHLETIC
Harry Redknapp talks you through tonight's special plans. Make sure you get to your seats early tonight for a special fan mosaic at Loftus Road. SUBSCRIBE fo...
- 19.25(Rosler): "The pressure's on QPR now. We knew it would be a tight game. We're not scoring too many goals at the moment. The positive thing is we got a clean sheet, we controlled the game. We had two or three big chances and in games like that, when you play against top teams, there will be not many chances and you have to take them. They came here to get a draw and they got that. I still count our chances as 50-50."
- 19.20(Redknapp): "We've got a home tie but they're a dangerous team. They came down to Loftus Road the other week and played very well. It was a really tight game, we sneaked home 1-0, but there was nothing in it, they were good. I'm sure Monday will be just the same."
- 19.15If Wigan are to have any chance of returning to the Premier League they will need to improve their fortunes in front of goal - the Latics have not scored in three of their previous five contests. Calum McManaman and James McClean have been given the challenge of leading the line tonight, top scorer Nick Powell - who has not started any of the last eight matches - has once again been left out of the squad.
- 19.10The home side - who are unbeaten in their last four games - are the favourites to proceed to the Wembley final and their task will be made easier with the recalls of Niko Kranjcar and Kevin Doyle in tonight's starting 11. The pair were second-half substitutes in Friday's first leg but have been handed a bigger role for this evening. Clint Hill plays despite getting caught up in controversy in the first-leg.
- 19.05QPR: Green, Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Austin, Doyle, Onuoha, Barton, Kranjcar, Hoilett, O’Neil. Substitutes: Murphy, Henry, Yun, Benayoun, Morrison, Zamora, Hughes. /// Wigan: Carson, Perch, Boyce, Caldwell, Kiernan, Beausejour, McArthur, Gomez, McManaman, McClean, Maloney. Substitutes: Al Habsi, Crainey, Espinoza, Barnett, Collison, Maynard, Waghorn
- 19.00Good evening and welcome to Eurosport's LIVE coverage of the Championship playoff semi-final second leg between Queens Park Rangers and Wigan Athletic. The first bout ended in a 0-0 draw and it is certainly advantage Harry Redknapp who has the Loftus Road faithful behind his players tonight.
Queens Park Rangers
|Team Manager:||Chris Ramsey|
|Team Manager:||Gary Caldwell|
Players Sub Time