Liga - Ronaldo salvages point for Real with dramatic late stunner
- 96'FULL TIME: Real Madrid 2-2 Valencia
- 96'It's wide! Incredible. The ball comes fizzing into the near post from Di Maria but Morata touches it just past the post. He should have scored. Amazing!
- 95'What a chance for Ronaldo! The cross comes in from the right side, with the Real Madrid number seven rising highest. But he manages to put his header just past the post when he had the whole goal to aim at!
- 94'This is frenetic stuff now. Real Madrid win a corner.
- 93'GOAL! Real Madrid 2 (93 mins - Cristiano Ronaldo) Valencia 2. What a goal! Ronaldo finds the net with a nonchalent back heel flick on the volley. Can Real Madrid find a winner now? They have three minutes to do so!
- 92'Real Madrid haven't given up on taking a point from this. Carvajal is pushing up the right side, almost as a winger.
- Valencia CF Substitution
- Real Madrid Goal
Right Footed - Bottom Right
- 90'FIVE minutes of stoppage time to be played.
- 89'Carvajal plays a cross into Bale, but his flick-on doesn't find a teammate an Valencia can waste a few more seconds with a goal kick.
- Valencia CF Substitution
- 88'Real Madrid now look to be playing four men up front, with Ronaldo, Morata, Bale and Di Maria all moving across the frontline. You just get the feeling that they will create one last chance. Can they take it?
- 87'Even a point could prove to be huge for Real Madrid. They need to make up some ground on Atletico Madrid. A point would be enough to keep their slim title hopes alive. Can they find the goal they need?
- 85'Morata is straight into the action, driving at the Valencia backline. But when he gets to the edge of the box he blasts well over the bar. Ronaldo turns round and screams at the young striker!
- 84'Real Madrid sub: Karim Benzema OFF, Alvaro Morta ON.
- Real Madrid Substitution
- 83'Valencia are now knocking the ball around the midfield, suffocating the play. For the first time tonight the crowd is starting to get slightly impatient inside the Bernabeu.
- 82'You have to admire how Valencia have come here and played in this way with very little motivation in terms of league position. Essentially, they're playing for pride, but they've played their part in the contest tonight to say the least.
- 80'Real Madrid have 10 minutes to save their league season. Their hopes of a historic treble are fading fast. Can they find a couple of goals?
- 79'Free header for Ronaldo but he's put it well wide of the target! Di Maria swung a good corner kick into the box, with Ronaldo rising so much higher than anyone else, but he gets it all wrong and it sails harmlessly over.
- 78'Had that shot been either side of Alves it would have been a goal. There was so much power on the strike.
- 77'Alves denies Ronaldo once again! Bale wins a freekick right on the edge of the box after a fantastic dribbling run. Ronaldo smashes the freekick at goal, but the Valencia keeper stays strong to beat it away.
- 76'With that change Ancelotti seems to have recognised what I was talking about. It was almost as if Real Madrid had too many attacking players on the pitch. Casemiro will give them more presence in midfield.
- 75'Bale swings a corner kick delivery into the box, but Varane climbs too high and can only direct his header well over the bar. You get the feeling the last 15 minutes wil be fairly chaotic.
- 74'Bale flicks on a low cross at the near post, but Benzema can't quite stretch far enough to make the contact that is needed and the chance is gone for Real Madrid. Things are getting desperate for the home side.
- 73'Parejo, who has been excellent all night, dances through the challenges of three Real Madrid players and nearly gets all the way through to Lopez. But he's shrugged off the ball, and the referee waves away his claims for a spot kick.
- 72'Real Madrid sub: Isco OFF, Casemiro ON.
- Real Madrid Substitution
- 71'YELLOW CARD: Seydou Keita (Valencia)
- 70'The problem for Real Madrid is that they're throwing so many players forward, when the ball comes into midfield it's taking them ages to win it back because Valencia simply have more players in there.
- 69'Nobody closes down Jonas on the edge of the box, but when he turns to take his shot he blasts the ball well over the bar.
- 68'The home crowd is still right behind their team. It's still very loud inside the Bernabeu as they try to push their team onwards. Can Real Madrid find the two goals they need to keep them in the title race?
- 67'Valencia sub: Francisco Paco Alcacer OFF, Jonas Goncalves ON.
- Valencia CF Substitution
- 66'Ronaldo score score! The Valencia defenders back off his and back off him until he makes his way into the penalty area. But in trying to side-foot his shot into the corner he gives Alves the chance to make the save.
- 65'Okay, I may have jinxed that. Sorry Real Madrid fans. Curse of the commentator, I think they call that. Still plenty time for Real Madrid to respond though. Should be a great end to the game.
- Valencia CF Goal
Left Footed - Bottom Right
- 64'GOAL! Real Madrid 1 Valencia 2 (64 mins - Dani Parejo). The former Real Madrid man scores a huge goal! The ball fizzes across the box from Feghouli, reaching Parejo on the left side of the box, who angles his shot into the bottom corner.
- 63'It's all Real Madrid at the moment. If anyone's going to score a goal in the next half an hour or so, you would think it would be Real Madrid. But then we thought that before Valencia took the lead.
- 61'The introduction of Di Maria really has changed this game. Illarramendi wasn't providing the tempo his side needed, but Di Maria is certainly doing that in the centre of midfield.
- 60'That's a HUGE goal for Real Madrid. The crowd have responded and are right behind their team. They have 30 minutes to find a winner and the pressure in this second half on Valencia have been massive.
- 59'GOAL! Real Madrid 1 (59 mins - Sergio Ramos) Valencia 1. It's that man again! Ramos finds the goal when his side needs one most, just like he did in Munich. Ronaldo knocked it across goal and Ramos headed home.
- Real Madrid Goal
Header - Top Center
- 57'Now Varane comes close! A corner kick is swung into the box from the right side by Alonso, but the Valencia defender misjudges it, allowing Varane a chance to make a connection. However, he doesn't know much about it and the ball bounces off him and wide.
- 56'All of a sudden Real Madrid are piling the pressure on Valencia. The noise inside the Bernabeu is deafening!
- 55'Ronaldo comes very close! The ball falls to the edge of the box, where the Portuguese winger strikes it on the volley. It looks to be heading into the bottom corner, but Alves gets down to tip round the post.
- 54'Isco edges forward with the ball, and when he reaches the perimeter of the box he finds the space open up for him. He tries to bend a shot into the bottom corner, but it flashes just past the post!
- 53'And now Di Maria draws a good save out of Alves! He didn't quite the power he wanted in his shot, as he slipped when he hit it, but it was enough to cause the Valencia keeper a problem. Nobody pounces on the rebound.
- 52'Lopez has to react to make the save! The freekick came into the box from Parejo, and is flicked on at the near post. I couldn't see who got the final touch but the Real Madrid keeper needed to make the save.
- 51'YELLOW CARD: Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid)
- 50'Huge calls for a penalty kick! Di Maria smashes a cross into Perreira, with the winger-turned-midfielder turning to the referee to call for a spot kick. His claims are waved away. Not sure how much was in it.
- 49'Real Madrid have started the second half well, but when they get into attacking positions that cutting edge with the final pass is missing. Can they find that?
- 48'The change at half time should make Real Madrid even more attacking, although we should expect to see Di Maria slot into the centre of midfield. He's a much more direct player than Illarramendi.
- 47'This will be a huge 45 minutes in the context of the title race. Should Real Madrid lose they will be all but out of contention. On the other hand, Barcelona would actually have their fate in their own hands.
- 46'Real Madrid sub: Asier Illarramendi OFF, Angel Di Maria ON.
- 46'HALF TIME: Real Madrid 0-1 Valencia
- Real Madrid Substitution
- 45'We're back under way at the Bernabeu!
- -What did you make of the first half? How can Ancelotti change things? Can Valencia hold onto their lead? Tweet me (@grahamruthven)!
- -Well, I don't think any of us were expecting that. Real Madrid have probably been the better team but have looked shaky at the back and Valencia have made the most of it. Can they hold onto their lead or will Real come storming back?
- 45'GOAL! Real Madrid 0 Valencia 1 (45 mins - Jeremy Mathieu). The away team take the lead! Varane loses his man and all Mathieu has to do is stand his ground and head the ball into the nearly empty net!
- 44'That was going in! Feghouli beats Varane and fires a shot towards goal. It looks to be heading into the top corner, but Lopez pulls off an incredible diving save to tip it over the bar. Brilliant stop.
- Valencia CF Goal
Header - Bottom Left
- 43'Can Real Madrid find a goal before the break? Having seen the opening 10 minutes I would never have guessed it would be goalless by this point.
- 42'Benzema comes close! Bale gets to the rebound from Ronaldo's shot and fizzes a cross into the nearpost for the French striker, but it comes to him a bit too fast and he directs it high and wide of the goal.
- 41'Good save by Alves! Ronaldo breaks through the Valencia midfield and defence before angling a shot towards the bottom corner. But the away keeper gets down well to make the stop.
- 40'Dare I say it, but Real Madrid are looking slightly short of ideas. They're playing a lot of balls into the box and with Ronaldo and Bale on the wings there's only Benzema attacking them.
- 39'The crowd are trying to build up some momentum for their team. Things had gone a bit flat inside the Bernabeu after the opening 10 minutes, but now Los Blancos are finding their stride again.
- 38'Space opens up for Ronaldo on the edge of the box, but in trying to find the top corner he places his effort just over the target. You could see what he was trying to do.
- 37'If only Alcacer had been aware! The pass comes into the box from the right side, with Varane getting his feet in a muddle. However, the French defender just gets a touch on it to put off Alcacer, who can't connect.
- 36'Nothing is happning for Ronaldo at the moment. Isco plays the ball to the winger and the move breaks down.
- 34'The frustration is starting to get to a few Real Madrid players. Ronaldo wastes a decent chance by blasting over the crossbar when he had Marcelo on the overlap. Benzema doesn't look too pleased with that decision either.
- 33'Now Bale seems to have switched to the right wing, with Ronaldo moving into a more central position alongside Benzema. It must be a nightmare for opposition defenders to mark these three.
- 32'Fuego lines up a shot from about 20 yards but Ramos gets in the way of the effort to make the block, with the rebound almost falling to Alcacer.
- 31'Ronaldo tries to lay the ball off to Isco on the edge of the box, but can't stay on his feet as he loses his balance. The home crowd shouts for a penalty kick, but he just fell over and the smirk on Ronaldo's face suggests he knows it.
- 30'Interesting to see Bale drop so deep, with Isco now pushing further forward. Is that Ancelotti making him play there or is he just searching for the ball? He looks dangerous tonight. Seems ready for a goal.
- 29'Real Madrid have been caught out by a few offside calls in the last few minutes. They need to watch out for that, because for the moment it's working for Valencia.
- 28'Yet Ronaldo certainly seems to have the beating of Costa in the Valencia backline. Real Madrid need to exploit that.
- 27'Real Madrid are starting to find their feet again in the final third after a poor last 10 minutes or so. Valencia are inviting pressure on top of themselves, plugging the gaps at the back. Stubborn.
- 26'Another good save by Alves! This time Benzema slots through Ronaldo, who beats Costa in a foot race, but the Real Madrid number seven shoots straight at Alves, who punches clear.
- 24'Illarramendi is playing alongside Alonso today but he's going to have to make that position his own ahead of the Champions League final later this month. Remember, Alonso will be suspended for the game against Atletico.
- 23'Isco gets a sight of goal 25 yards out, but he gets a bit too excited and loses his composure by firing his effort well over the target.
- 22'Benzema has moved into the central position, afte switching with Isco throughout the opening 20 minutes. Bale and Ronaldo are on the wings, but they too seem to be alternating.
- 21'Valencia have settled into this game now. Real Madrid have dropped off and Pizzi's side are keeping possession a lot better. Can they create another chance like the one Parejo just passed up?
- 20'The tempo has been knocked out of Real Madrid's game for the moment. They have been rattled by that chance to Valencia and are struggling to move the ball into the final third.
- 18'Looking at replays of the Parejo missed chance, Lopez actually makes the save. He tips it onto the bar. Even still, Parejo should have found the net. He should have powered it into the ground.
- 17'Well, they might have seen very little of the ball so far but Valencia have created the best chance by far. Parejo should have scored.
- 16'Out of nowhere Valencia hit the bar! Feghouli swings a cross into the box looking for an unmarked Parejo at the back post, but he smashes his header onto the woodwork. Where was Carvajal?
- 15'Carvajal tries to thread a pass through to Bale, who has found a pocket of space just inside the penalty area. But Costa does well to read the danger and make the interception.
- 13'A diagonal pass by Marcelo finds Benzema, who takes it brilliantly in his stride before fizzing a cross into the box. But Ronaldo isn't quite aware to the idea, and Costa makes the clearance.
- 12'It's very loud inside the Bernabeu tonight. The Real Madrid supporters are expecting a win here, as is the rest of the football world. A treble is still on the table for Los Blancos.
- 11'For the first time tonight Valencia are enjoying a good spell in possession, with Fuego and Vargas taking control of the ball. But they're not really getting anywhere with it. Passing for the sake of passing.
- 10'This has been a great start by Real Madrid. They've come out flying at the start of the game. They know what's at stake and how they can drag themselves back into the title race with a win tonight.
- 8'Fantastic from Bale! The Welsh winger jinks through a couple of challenges inside the box to get to the byline, where he digs out a cross for Benzema. But the Real Madrid striker can't quite guide his header on target.
- 7'The Valencia coaches and subs on the bench are playing about with a pair of Google Glass glasses. Are they taking this seriously?
- 6'Ramos fires in a low shot at the back post from a corner kick, but it's blocked by Fuego inside the six yard box. The defender has the taste for goals after his double against Bayern Munich.
- 5'Ronaldo should score! The Real Madrid number seven is played clean through on goal by a one-two with Bale, but Alves makes a fantastic diving save to keep the score at 0-0. But Ronaldo will be disappointed he didn't score.
- 4'Benzema breaks the Valencia offside trap and tries to latch on to an Illarramendi pass forward, but it's just a little too strong for the French striker and the chance is gone.
- 3'Will the Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich take its toll on Real Madrid? They turned in an exceptional performance in Bavaria. Can they reach those levels again tonight?
- 2'There's an energy about the Bernabeu this evening. The fans inside the ground know that their side have been given a huge chance to get back into the title race. But they have to win against Valencia!
- 1'We're under way at the Bernabeu!
- 19:55Pre-match odds: Real Madrid 1/7, Draw 15/2, Valencia 14/1
- 19:50TEAM NEWS: Real Madrid - Lopez, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Alonso, Illarramendi, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema. /// Valencia - Alves, Joao, Costa, Mathieu, Bernat, Fuego, Keita, Parejo, Feghouli, Vargas, Alcaber.
- 19:45I'm Graham Ruthven and you can contact me ahead of the game. Can Real Madrid make the most of Atletico's slip-up? Or will Valencia recover from their Europa League disappointment? Tweet me (@grahamruthven)!
- 19:40Good evening and welcome to Eurosport's LIVE coverage of the Spanish league clash between Real Madrid and Valencia. We'll bring you all the action and goals as they go in at the Santiago Bernabeu. Kick-off: 20:00.
- -La Liga title-chasers Real Madrid look to capitalise on Atletico's defeat as they take on Valencia at the Bernabeu.
|Team Manager:||Carlo Ancelotti|
|Team Manager:||Nuno Espírito Santo|
Players Sub Time