Premier League - Austin opens account to give QPR first victory
- FTAnd that is it! QPR get the points after being under siege in the second half. A great performance and their first win of the season!
- 90+4Taarabt carries the ball out of the QPR half and gives it to Phillips who takes it into the corner. That looks like game to me!
- 90+3Zamora holds it up well and lays it to Taarabt who goes on a run but can't get his show away. Sunderland again clear their lines.
- 90+2'Giaccherini is booked for diving as Barton tries to head the ball on the floor and the Italian goes down. The ref blows for a foul but points the other way. Think he just about got that right.
- Sunderland Yellow card
- 90+1'What a poor pass from Brown as he tried to lay in Van Aanholt down the left. He way overhit it and it goes out for a goal kick.
- Queens Park Rangers Substitution
- 90'Final change for QPR as Fer comes off for Taarabt. Walks off, as expected.
- 89'Another corner to Sunderland as Traore clears behind. Mannone comes up for it. Johnson puts it into the near post again but it is cleared to Giaccherini whose shot is well saved by Green.
- 88'Giaccherini lays it into Altidore in the centre of the pitch. He takes one touch and lashes the ball towards goal but it is well blocked by Fer.
- 87'Corner to Sunderland which Johnson will take on the right. He swings it in to the near post but Caulker is there to clear. Johnson again crosses but Caulker is yet again there to clear.
- 86'Fer does brilliantly to spin Cattermole before laying in Zamora. He then slides Traore across the line. His shot on his right foot though flies wide.
- 85'Sunderland really trying to pass the ball about still but QPr are closing down well here.
- Queens Park Rangers Substitution
- 83'Phillips attempts an ambitious through ball to Fer who had got ahead of the ball but it is cut out by Brown/ Van Aanholt crosses from the left and finds Johnson at the far post. His cut bakc though is blockec by Hill.
- Sunderland Substitution
- 82'Final substitution as Vergini comes off for Altidore. All or nothing now for Sunderland.
- 81'Larsson tries to dink one over the wall to Johnson but it is seen by Barton who clears to Zamora. He brings it down brilliantly and drives down the middle. He feeds Hoilett who plays a one-two with Mutch but Mannone is out quickly to clear.
- 80'Buckley goes jinking in field and Barton bundles him over. Free kick given centrally but left of Green's goal. Larsson is over it.
- 79'Vergini swings one in from deep but Isla is able to clear easily. Zamora does brilliantly to hold it up but Cattermole wins it back and Sunderland have the ball in midfield again.
- 78'Sunderland starting to turn the screw here as Vergini gets a good cross in from the right but Phillips does brilliantly to control and clear. Giaccherini then tries one from distance but Green can gather easily.
- 77'Onouha had been ready to come on but he is sent back to the bench as Caulker says he is OK to continue.
- 76'Caulker is down with what appears to be cramp. After 75 minutes. Hooray!
- 75'Buckley takes on Isla. The defender goes to ground and clips Buckley who he accuses of diving. He then asks the ref to book him. Surely one of them should have been booked? Either for asking for a card or diving? Goal kick given!
- 74'Mutch in acres of space on the half way line. He drifts forward into a shooting position under no pressure. As he is about to let one go he leans back and allows his shot to fly harmlessly over the bar.
- 73'Van Aanholt goes on a mazy run from the left wing into the centre but is dispossessed. Ferdinand plays it out to Phillips who crosses early to Zamora but Sunderland just manage to clear their lines.
- 72'Fer tries to follow his pass a she gives it to Zamora on the edge of the area but he slips ans Sunderland are able to clear before he latches on to a shot.
- 71'Bit of man handling between O'Shea and Zamora as Ferdinand plays a long ball. Looks like they both have hold of each other. The ref does well to just let the game play on.
- 70'Zamora holds it up well and lays it off to Hoilett on the left. He drifts inside and strikes low but it drags wide of the post.
- Sunderland Substitution
- Sunderland Substitution
- Queens Park Rangers Substitution
- 69'And Rodwell makes way for Giaccherini for Sunderland. Also Fletcher comes off for Buckley. Lets see how these changes might swing the game!
- 68'Foul by Wickham as he leans in to Caulker challenging for a throw. And a sub as the goalscorer Austin makes way for Zamora.
- 67'Sunderland are playing some nice triangles but Isla robs Fletcher of the ball and breaks down the right wing. He rolls in Austin who wins a throw off O'Shea.
- 66'Northern Echo reporter is right. This is getting a tad scrappy as both sides are becoming more and more committed.
- 65'Fer lays it to Phillips on the edge of the area. He tries to bend one into the corner of the goal but he doesn't connect right and Mannone can gather with ease.
- 64'O'Shea and Caulker clash on the edge of the area as both go steaming into a 50-50 ball. Good to see no writhing about on the floor.
- 63'Good sustained pressure from QPR. Phillips is giving Van Aanholt a torrid time on this right side. Another dangerous cross is cleared by Brown though.
- 62'QPR spread the ball well to Phillips who takes on Van Aanholt but the Dutchman gets there and doesn't allow the cross to come in.
- 61'More Sunderland possession going nowhere though. Johnson attempts a threadneedle ball to Fletcher but QPR block it.
- 60'Sunderland have certainly improved in this second half.
- 59'Sunderland again with the ball pushing and probing but it jst appears QPR have them at arm's length. Johnson attempts one from distance but he is blocked.
- 58'Mutch and Cattermole trying to get one another sent off here. Mutch drives past Cattermole in the middle and then hits the deck. Cattermole accuses him of diving. The ref has neither of any of it.
- Queens Park Rangers Yellow card
- 57'And that is a yellow card for Jordan Mutch. He clattered into the back of Cattermole quite late as the Sunderland man passed to Brown. Correct decision.
- 56'Rodwell feeds Johnson in the middle but the winger can only run the ball into Caulker who gets QPR attacking again. Phillips down the right digs a cross out which Mannone can gather.
- 55'Fletcher finds space centrally. He drives at the penalty area but Ferdinand stands up well and tackles him before he can find space for a shot.
- 54'CHANCE! The ball is swung across by Fletcher from the left. It finds its way to Vergini at the far post and he strikes it low first-time but Green is down well to save.
- 53'Sunderland trying to exert some control in this game but QPR's compact formation is not allowing them any space in dangerous areas.
- 52'Rodwell manages to wriggle free of three markers in the box and let a shot go at goal but it is at a good height for Green who saves well.
- 51'Van Aanholt receives plenty of treatment. He looks like he'll be ok though.
- 50'Fer absolutely smashes Van Aanholt out of the way and the Sunderland man stays down injured. QPR continue and get a shot away through Mutch from distance but thankfully it goes wide. That was a definite foul.
- 49'Johnson sends the ball to the far post but Hill is there to clear the danger.
- 48'Vergini tries to set off down the right wing but a poor touch allows QPR to usher the ball out for a throw in.
- 47'QPR start the second half as they finished the first and that is on the front foot. Hoilett, Barton and Fer combine to get the little winger down the line but his cross is blocked back against him and a goalk kick is given.
- 46'And the second half is underway! Can Sunderland turn their poor first half around or will QPR get their first points of the season? Poyet will be hoping his team can recapture the form that saved them from relegation last season.
- HTAnd that is half time! QPR take a 1-0 lead into the second half following a great end to the second half!
- 45+2'GOAL! Barton swings the corner into the far post where Fer nods the ball back to Austin who lashes it into the top corner from eight yards out. Lovely finish!
- Queens Park Rangers Goal
Left Footed - Top Center
- 45+1'QPR controlling the ball well here. They move forward through Fer who plays it inside to Hoilett but he comes right towards Mutch. His cross is deflected over for a corner.
- 45'QPR justifiably excited by their team's finish to this half.
- 44'Phillips goes on a lung-busting run down the right wing past three players but his final touch is too heavy and Mannone is able to get out to gather the ball.
- 43'Sunderland looking a bit ragged here as QPR press higher up the pitch. This is good stuff as Larsson is dispossessed. Barton breaks in on goal and then lays in Austin but Brown gets across well to stop Austin from getting his shot away.
- 42'Corner to QPR after Isla's overlapping cross is blocked. A quick one is taken by Barton but Caulker wasn't set to head it and Sunderland clear.
- 41'Larsson has a free kick on the left wing. He puts it in with pace but Ferdinand is up well to clear. Hoilett brings QPR clear.
- 40'Sunderland trying to calm the game a bit. Brown and O'Shea exchange passes before it goes left to Van Aanholt but Isla defends well for a throw.
- 39'Fer wanting treatment. Clearly milking this a bit.
- 38'Cattermole needs to be careful here. He just picked up a yellow card and then piled into the back of Fer as the Dutchman laid the ball off to Ferdinand. He gets a final warning. Very silly.
- Sunderland Yellow card
- 37'Card for Cattermole as he is turned by Mutch in the middle of the pitch. He then pulls the midfielder's shirt and is booked for his trouble.
- 36'QPR with the ball now but a poor pass from Ferdinand and Sunderland have it back. Then Brown plays a bad pass and QPR have it back. A poor quality minute.
- 35'Van Aanholt lays it in to Wickham who opens his body from around 30 yards. He smashes the ball low but the ball trickles wide of the post.
- 34'Rodwell picks up the ball between the midfield and defence lines. He turns Barton before playing a poor pass to his left where Wickham was wrong-footed and the attack breaks down.
- 33'Cattermole tries to switch the play to Vergini making tracks up the right but he overhits it and the defender has no chance. QPR break with Hoilett who comes inside and plays it to Fer. Austin then tries to lay in Hill into the box but the pass is short and O'Shea can clear.
- 32'Fer again but this time his left footed strike goes flying well over the crossbar.
- 31'That has woken up the crowd a bit. And the player's have responded. They're now first to everything and have a spring in their step.
- 30'He has smashed the bar! Fer picks the ball up and turns Rodwell. He then smashes it to the top corner with Mannone sprawling. It hits the bar and goes flying out. Unlucky!
- 29'Much of the past minue spent taling to Wickham.
- 28'Very strong tackle from Wickham on Isla. The striker went diving in low and contacted the ball but it was a bit of a lunge. The ref is over to have a word. It looks like he'll get a talking to and that is it. Isla made the most of it. No card. Good refereeing.
- 27'Not far wrong. The QPR fans haven't woken up yet! Will need to if they keep playing like this.
- 26'Waste of a corner as Larsson smashes it to the far post. Way too far for anyone to get and the ball goes out for a throw in. QPR are hemmed in.
- 25'Great counter from Sunderland as Wickham breaks. He plays it wide left to Fletcher who has Larsson free on the edge of the area but his cross to Wickham at the far post is cut out by Caulker fo a corner.
- 24'Isla does well to get down the line but his pass inside to Fer is cut out by Cattermole to stop the attack.
- 23'Wickham picks up the ball on the left wing after a poor Caulker clearing header. He plays a shot cross towards goal which Johnson tries to control but it goes out for a goal kick.
- 22'Johnson takes the corner outswinging from the lefft and finds Rodwell free at the far post but he mistimes his header and the ball spins wide of the far post. Poor marking twice in a row.
- 21'Larsson over a free kick wide on the right. He swings it to the far post where Brown is free to head across goal but Ferdinand is there to block for a corner.
- 20'Sunderland really controlling possession now. Moving the ball from side to side trying to create gaps in this QPR side.
- 19'QPR fans chant Alejandro Faurlin's name as he is out for a third season in a row with an ACL tear.
- 18'Johnson finds some space in between the midfield and defence. He slips in Van Aanholt into the area and he strikes first time but gets right under the ball and blazes over from 15 yards.
- 17'Wickham slips the ball to Fletcher who flicks the ball around Ferdinand. He is taken wide and dinks a ball to the far post looking for Larsson but Hill is there to clear for a throw.
- 16'QPR with a corner on the left which Barton takes but this time O'Shea is up to clear. Barton's second attempt to cross goes out at the far post.
- 15'Sunderland starting to take control of the ball and have worked it from right to left. Van Aanholt picks it up and tries a one-two with Fletcher on the egde of the area but the pass back to him as he burst into the box is loose and QPR can clear.
- 14'It was indeed a great save from Green who has kept his side on level terms.
- 13'Hoilett gets to the byline on the left wing and flashes a cross in but it bypasses everbody and goes to Johnson at the far edge of the penalty area who is able to clear.
- 12'Rodwell gets stuck in on Barton and causes QPR's hardman to wince a little. He may come to regret that by the end of the game.
- 11'GREAT SAVE! Johnson runs in from the left wing and slides Fletcher in inside the area. He shoots first time but has to hit the ball away from where his run was and Green gets down well to palm the ball away from going into the bottom corner.
- 10'Waste of a free kick from Sunderland as it is played wide to Cattermole from the centre circle. He drills a ball to the far post but mishits it and it flies out for a throw in on the right wing.
- 9'Mutch finds himself in loads of space on the edge of the area and no-one comes out to close him so he attempts a strike but Cattermole gets in the way and the ball is cleared.
- 8'Sunderland try to work something on the left between Van Aanholt and Johnson but QPR defend well and Isla emerges with the ball.
- 7'Not far wrong is the Sports Editor of the Brent and Kilburn Times. QPR have started very lively indeed.
- 6'Hoilett picks the ball up on the left wing and cuts inside. He weighs up a cross and delivers it to the near post but no-one is running across and Mannone can gather with ease.
- 5'QPR surrender possession easily when Caulker attempts a long ball to Mutch but Sunderland ge it back with Wickham.
- 4'Lull in play here as Wes Brown receives treatment. Looks like a bang on the head he received from that corner.
- 3'QPR with a corner which Barton swings in to the middle. Austin gets up really well and heads towards goal but Johnson is on the line to clear. Could have been a goal.
- 2'Early chance as Wickham powers down the left wing and shrugs off Joey Barton as he entered the penalty area before laying it to Van Aanholt on the inside. He lashes a shot low but it hits the side netting.
- 1'And we're underway here at Loftus Road. Sunderland kick us off shooting from left to right.
- 14:55Five minutes until kick-off now. The stadium is packed to the rafters as the players line-up in the tunnel. Harry Redknapp, as always looks calm and collected as he emerges. Talk is, he is going to get a new deal in the coming weeks, but a defeat today may be hugely damaging. Three Premier League defeats in a row would be unthinkable, especially given their dismal performance against Burton in the League Cup midweek.
- 14:50These two teams have met four times in the Premier League. Sunderland won both matches in the 2011/12 season but QPR have the edge in their most recent game, seeing off the Black Cats 3-1 in March 2013. That game is one of only four QPR have won in their last 41 Premier League games.
- 14:45All the talk will be about Remy but can this Sunderland side build on their solid start to the season? Three points today and they will leapfrog Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton... at least for a few hours.
- 14:40Charlie Austin scored 17 league goals last season following his £4,000,000 move from Burnley. With Remy seemingly a Chelsea player now, can he step up and score the goals in the Premier League that he did last season to push QPR out of the Championship?
- 14:35And just as we tell you the deal looks on, Harry Redknapp confirms it to the media!
- 14:30The big news today though is that Loic Remy has not been selected in QPR's 18-man squad. All summer long we'd heard he would be available for transfer to a Champions League club and after his Liverpool move fell through, it looked like he'd be staying at Loftus Road. But after Chelsea announced Fernando Torres would be leaving, it now appears QPR's French striker is the man Jose Mourinho wants to come in. His omission from today's squad would suggest he is almost a Blues player.
- 14:25Sunderland have made one change from their 1-1 draw with Manchester United last week and have replaced new signing Will Buckley with the reformed Adam Johnson who has recovered from injury. Emmanuel Giaccherini makes the bench after missing out last week through injury.
- 14:20QPR have scrapped the 3-5-2 which was, frankly, disastrous last week against Spurs. Richard Dunne has made way and Charlie Austin has returned to spearhead the attack after being given 'a rest' last weekend following his last-minute penalty miss against Hull on opening weekend.
- 14:15TEAM NEWS! QPR: Green, Isla, Ferdinand, Caulker, Hill, Fer, Barton, Mutch, Phillips, Austin, Hoilett. Subs: Murphy, Traore, Onuoha, Henry, Dunne, Zamora, Taarabt… /// SUNDERLAND: Mannone, Vergini, van Aanholt, Brown, O’Shea, Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell, Johnson, Wickham, Fletcher… Subs: Pantilimon, Jones, Bridcutt, Gomez, Altidore, Giaccherini, Buckley.
- 14:10Hello and welcome to Eurosport's LIVE coverage of QPR against Sunderland. Harry Redknapp endured a 4-0 drubbing against his old side Spurs last weekend and will be hoping for his players to bounce back against a Sunderland side looking to put last season's relegation troubles behind them. They'll be buoyant after a solid 1-1 draw against Manchester United a week ago.
Queens Park Rangers
|Team Manager:||Chris Ramsey|
|Team Manager:||Dick Advocaat|
Players Sub Time
|P. van Aanholt||0||0||2||11||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||90|