Premier League - Rose scores as Spurs see off ten man Stoke
- -And that is the final whistle! Spurs get the points!
- 90+4Spurs trying to see out the game in the Stoke half. Paulinho breaks but Begovic saves his shot.
- 90+3Stoke piling forward but Spurs standing strong.
- 90+2Eriksen goes short to Adebayor on the left who just turns to keep possession.
- 90+1Arnautovic scythes down Kane and they is a yellow card. Eriksen to shoot from range from the free kick.
- Stoke City Yellow card
- 90'Kaboul goes on a mazy run into the Stoke half and almost sets up a second.
- 89'Shot from distance from Cameron but it flies well over.
- 88'Desperate defending from Spurs at the moment who are being run ragged by the ten men. This time Odemwingie takes a shot from distance which Lloris takes two attempts to gather.
- 87'BAD MISS! Arnautovic runs through the spurs defence but his shot is weak and misguided as it goes straight to Lloris who clutches it gratefully.
- 86'PENALTY SHOUT! Nothing given as Dawson goes to ground in the box with Odemwingie running at pace but it looks like the pair of them just slipped.
- 85'Nzonzi finds space away from Paulinho on the right. He rifles a low cross across the face of goal but there is noone on the end of it to tap it in.
- 84'Townsend still hobbling about on the pitch. He looks horribly uncomfortable. Arnautovic released on the right. He gets beyond Fryers but his shot is awful as it goes well high and wide.
- 83'Stoke dictating the ball at the moment. Ball played line to Assaidi but Dawson does well to usher the ball out of play.
- 82'Townsend carries the ball on the right before being clattered by Pieters with a hard but fair tackle. The winger is feeling the effects.
- 81'Stoke with the ball trying to work something but Spurs are diligent in their defensive duties.
- 80'Wilson heads it straight to Sigurdsson who goes on a mazy run to the edge of the area but his shot is a pearoller which goes wide.
- 79'Stoke try and work something on the right but Fryers does well to clear. Townsend rolls Pieters on the right but his cross is wayward and cleared with ease.
- 78'Whelan pulls back Sigurdsson on the edge of the area and it is a foul. Definitely Cristian Eriksen range as the Danish midfielder puts the ball down. Lennon also comes off for Townsend. Eriksen hits it right footed just over the cross bar.
- Tottenham Hotspur Substitution
- 77'Spurs finally showing some control. Just popping the ball about and keeping possession. That's all they need to do against ten men.
- 76'Fryers header goes straight to Whelan who crosses low but Kaboul clears.
- 75'Assaidi with a jinking little run but Dawson with a brilliantly timed tackle allows Lennon to break. Kane picks it up and trues to shoot but the ball is blocked.
- 74'Muniesa robs Kane before releasiing Assaidi on the left but he is crowded out by Spurs defenders. Sigurdsson then gives away a foul on the left wing for pulling the winger back. Arnautovic shoots but straight into the wall.
- Tottenham Hotspur Substitution
- 73'Chadli comes off for Sigurdsson.
- 72'Chance for Kane as Fryers crosses with his right foot. Kane gets above Muniesa but can't direct huis header on target.
- 71'Lennon down the right flicks it inside to Kane but his control is awful and it goes to a Stoke player. Whelan then loses it to Fryers on the right.
- 70'Lloris saves well after Arnautovic lets fly from the edge of the area with his left foot. Keeper just pushes it round the post. Corner to Stoke which Kaboul clears.
- Tottenham Hotspur Substitution
- 69'Rose being substituted before he gets himself sent off. Doesn't look happy but a sensible decision. Fryers comes on.
- 68'Arnautovic runs the wing on the right and finds Nzonzi at the far post with a free header but he totally mistimes the contact and it flies wide.
- 67'Paulinho and Eriksen combine on the left before spreading it to Lennon on the right. He comes back inside and tries to maintain possession to calm things down.
- 66'Shambolic defending! They may be a man down but Rose goes into a challenge he is never going to win. Allows space in behind him which Odemwingie exploits but Kaboul just gets round to cover!
- 65'Late challenge from Cameron on Rose. He jogs off but Rose is furious and goes after him. He pushes Cameron in the chest and receives a yellow card for his troubles. Cameron lucky not to get a yellow too.
- Tottenham Hotspur Yellow card
- 64'BIG CHANCE! Stoke do really well to work the ball wide to Pieters after some good work from Assaidi. Pieters finds Odemwingie at the near post but he gets too much on the header and it goes over the crossbar!
- 63'Paulinho in space finds Rose on the left but he slows down and then his low cross is easily gathered by Begovic.
- 62'Danny Rose receiving the wrath of the Stoke faithful every time he gets it. Can't help but feel the Stoke fans will feel slightly embarrassed come tonight when they've seen the replay.
- 61'Crouch comes off for Assaidi.
- Stoke City Substitution
- 60'High pressure from the Spurs boys but Stoke manage to get clear.
- 59'Nzonzi clips one wide but Eriksen cuts it out and heads to Kane who gives it to Lennon. Chadli goes right to Naughton. His cross is headed clear by Wilson.
- 58'Replays of the red card being shown. It was a clear second yellow. High and late.
- 57'Stoke now with the ball. Cameron finds Odemwingie who comes inside to Arnautovic. Pieters high on the left with it. Stoke just trying to work something but with a player les, Spurs are finding it easier to close them. Crouch eventually gets a shot away but it is sliced wide.
- 56'Spurs in possession and being booed at every pass.
- 55'First change for Stoke. Stephen Ireland is sacrificed as Pieters comes on. Muniesa goes back to centre half.
- Stoke City Substitution
- 54'Spurs in full control now as the fans scream profanities at the referee. When they see the replay they'll see it was the right decision!
- 53'Kane runs through the middle of the pitch and lets fly but Begovic saves comfortably.
- 52'SHAWCROSS GONE! Second yellow for Shawcross as Rose gets to the ball first and he just flies into him. Just about deserved.
- Stoke City Red card
- 51'Chadli gives it to Paulinho who plays a really poor pass which allows Odemwingie to try and run in behind Kaboul but the centre back does well to get across.
- 50'Lennon flicks the ball round the corner to Kane who lofts the ball past Wilson who trips him on the half way line.
- 49'Rose is down injured clutching his head after a collision with Odemwingie. Totally accidental.
- 48'Begovic just clears before Kane closes him down. Matter of inches in that!
- 47'Good start for Stoke.! Arnautovic plucks the ball out of the air before stepping inside Naughton and letting fly with a shot which just goes wide.
- 46'The players are back out and Stoke have it all to do in this second half to claw something back! Spurs are unbeaten in their last 12 games they've gone into half-time leading...
- -And that is half time! The visitors go in the happier having controlled much of the match and taken the lead through Rose!
- 45+2Stoke try to escape but a bad bit of control from Crouch gives the ball back to Spurs. Whelan then emerges with the second ball but he is dispossessed by Naughton who retains possession with Adebayor.
- 45+1CHANCE! Lennon gives it to Kane in space. He ducks inside Cameron on the cover before taking a shot with his left foot which was blocked by Shawcross.
- Stoke City Yellow card
- 45'Another yellow this time for Shawcross who bodychecks Eriksen after being nutmegged on the turn.
- Tottenham Hotspur Yellow card
- 44'Cynical foul from Naughton as he pulls back Muniesa who had got the wrong side of him. Rightful yellow card.
- 43'Lovely one-two between Crouch and Whelan releases the Irishman on the right. He whips a low cross over but Dawson cuts it out. The next cross comes in is just about cleared by Kaboul.
- 42'Corner to Stoke. Taken by Arnautovic to the far post but it goes over everybody and out for a throw in.
- 41'Eriksen gives it to Paulinho who shifts the ball one way and then the other before trying to deliver a cross to Kane but the ball was behind him.
- 40'Lennon with a heavy touch allows Stoke to break. Ireland's through ball to Odemwingie in behind is cut out though and the ball runs through to Lloris.
- 39'Adebayor gets a talking to after he runs into Charlie Adam walking on the sidelines. He didn't get out of the way and the striker was not happy about it.
- 38'Nice flick to Ireland by Arnautovic who flips it wide to Cameron but his cross is caught by Lloris. He tries to set Adebayor on his way early but it flies out for a throw in.
- 37'Stoke in possession but Spurs are back in their shape and making it difficult.
- 36'Ireland escapes Paulinho and plays it to Arnautovic who comes inside but Naughton tracks him well and releases Kane. He goes wide to Adebayor who slows play down and Spurs cna move up the pitch.
- 35'Chadli tries to run it out of his own area but is clipped by Cameron. Looked soft but the Belgian is still down and limping.
- 34'Spurs in total control now. Dawson goes for a trademark 50 yard punt pass but it flies out for a throw in... obviously.
- 33'Only just had time to finish the celebrations! Sherwood looks delighted.
- Tottenham Hotspur Goal
Header - Top Left
- 32'GOAL! Danny Rose heads in at the far post after a lovely clipped cross from Adebayor having got to the byline past Whelan on the right.
- 31'Eriksen takes to the near post but it is cleared to odemwingie who counters well but Kaboul gets back. He falls awkwardly though and doesn't look comfortable.
- 30'Chadli takes on Cameron on the left and wins a corner.
- 29'Ireland floats into the box but a poor touch allows Dawson back in to tackle. The cross eventually comes in but odemwingie just isn't tall enough to get a clean header on the ball.
- 28'Rose sprints down the line and wins the ball off Cameron. His low cross to the far post almost finds Adebayor but it is just out of reach.
- 27'Ireland in space on the left. He drifts forward and comes inside before trying to bend one into the far corner. Lloris is diving to his left but wouldn't have got near it had it been the other side of the post.
- 26'Paulinho released into space on the left after a lovely pass from Eriksen. He crosses towards Adebayor but Wilson just manages to get up and head clear.
- 25'Nzonzi does well to turn Chadli on the half way line. He carries it to the edge of the area on the left side and floats a cross but he just overhits it and it goes out of play for a throw in.
- 24'Stoke build with Cameron but he is forced backwards to Wilson. He tries a through ball but Eriksen is back to cut it out.
- 23'Naughton plays short to Paulinho who tries to find Lennon but Shawcross watches it out of play.
- 22'Eriksen with a free kick from the left. He swings it in to the near post where Paulinho is flying in but it goes over him and into Begovic's arms.
- 21'Rose wins the ball off Crouch on the half way line to earn a throw and is working the line, old school style.
- 20'Nzonzi gets up at the far post and heads back towards goal. Crouch and Lloris collide but the keeper comes out on top as the ball bounces closest to him.
- 19'Through ball to Adebayor doesn't reach him and Whelan brings Stoke clear. Crouch wins his header and it drops to Ireland who is robbed of it by Paulinho.
- 18'Lloris hits it long to Adebayor who wins his header but it runs through to Begovic who clears back again.
- 17'Spurs looking to probe but Stoke are set up quite well here. Any player in space is being quickly closed down. Spurs' passing and moving too slow at the moment.
- 16'Ireland takes and swings it in to the near post but Lloris does well to get out and punch. Kaboul leads the break. He gives it to Lennon who runs into trouble and Stoke get bodies back.
- 15'Arnautovic comes striding inside and gives it to Whelan. He spreads it wide to Ireland who is free on the right but Dawson gets out to tackle. Muniesa's cross then blocked by Eriksen for a corner.
- 14'Kane down injured after Wilson appeared to tread on his ankle as they jostled for possession. Referee doesn't blow for a foul despite Eriksen's protestations.
- 13'Paulinho tries to play the ball inside Muniesa for Lennon but he cuts it out. Stoke now with the ball through Whelan who spreads it wide for Cameron but Rose wins his header. It rops for Ireland who strikes but Dawson does well to block.
- 12'Cameron crosses from the right with the outside of his boot towards Crouch but Dawson does well to head over his crossbar.
- 11'Stoke with a free kick on the right. They go short and play the ball towards Dawson on the right side of the box with Shawcross behind him. He gets in a muddle but is able to clear in the end.
- 10'Stoke now with the ball. Shawcross releases Cameron who plays forward to Odemwingie. He comes inside for Whelan who works it with Nzonzi who takes the ball left.
- 9'Dawson dominest Crouch and heads to Eriksen who is playing with a free role here. Chadli spreads it wide to Rose.
- 8'Spurs starting fast here. Chadli miscontrols but is released down the line by Eriksen before Whelan gets across to make a tackle before the Belgian can cross.
- 7'Good running from Paulinho outside Lennon after he won the ball in the middle. His low cross is cut out for a corner. Eriksen goes short to Lennon whose clipped cross is blocked by Ireland.
- 6'Stoke go long with their free kick but Naughton clears up.
- 5'Shawcross down injured. Clattered into Adebayor from a throw in. He looks groggy at the moment. Replay shows it was a stray elbow from the Togolese striker that caught him.
- 4'Odemwingie robs Rose on the half way line and sprints forward but Chadli does well to nick it off him. Whelan then lunges into a tackle but wins the ball.
- 3'Naughton and Lennon combine on the wing and find Eriksen inside. He skips past Whelan before shooting low from distance but Wilson blocks.
- 2'Chadli bursts through the centre of the pitch and lets a shot go from the edge of the area but it flies well wide. Spurs controlling possession in the opening minutes.
- 1'And we're off! Spurs kick us off shooting from right to left. Andre Marriner the referee.
- 14:55The players are finished warming up and are heading out onto the pitch for the pre-match handshakes. Stoke can be backed at 9-4 to win today while an away victory is priced at 7-5. A draw can be had at 12-5. Kick off in five minutes!
- 14:50STAT: Stoke have won their last four Premier League home games, three of which have been 1-0 victories. They have never won five home games in the Premier League in a row. Spurs have failed to score in three of their last four away games. Mark Hughes' side have also picked up four red cards this season, 10% of all the red cards picked up by Mark Hughes' sides in Premier League history.
- 14:45STAT: All five games between these sides at the Britannia have ended 2-1, with the away side winning three times. Spurs have a good record against Stoke having won five and lost one of their last eight games against The Potters. Sherwood's side have the fourth highest away points total (30) but have a goal difference of -2 having conceded 11 goals in their last three away games.
- 14:40Tim Sherwood has laughed off suggestions his players won't shake hands with Charlie Adam: "What would my message be to my players? Don't worry about Charlie Adam, worry about yourself. If you perform well and we all perform collectively then we should get the result that we need. We respect Stoke, we respect the job that Mark Hughes has done there."
- 14:35They may be safe from relegation and a little too far away to qualify for Europe but Mark Hughes still has goals he wants to achieve this season: "If we win against Spurs then we equal the highest number of points attained by Stoke City in the Premier League. That would be something we could look back on with pride because it has been a huge effort from everybody."
- 14:30AWAY NEWS: Michael Dawson returns to the starting line-up following a hamstring complaint which has kept him out of action for a month. Aside from that, Harry Kane will be looking to continue his good run of goalscoring form as he gets the nod ahead of £26m man Roberto Soldado, who takes his place on the bench.
- 14:25HOME NEWS: Mark Hughes is forced to make one change from the side that drew away to Cardiff last week. Marc Muniesa comes in at left back for Erik Pieters who picked up a knock in Wales but takes a place on the substitutes bench. Oussama Assaidi had been hoping for a start after making his long-awaited comeback from a knee ligament injury but will have to be content with a place on the bench.
- 14:20TEAMS: Stoke City: Begovic, Cameron, Wilson, Shawcross, Muniesa, Arnautovic, Whelan, Nzonzi, Odemwingie, Ireland, Crouch. Subs: Sorensen, Pieters, Palacios, Adam, Walters, Assaidi, Wilkinson. /// Tottenham: Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose, Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen, Adebayor, Kane. Subs: Friedel, Fryers, Bentaleb, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado.
- 14:15Hello and welcome to our live coverage of Stoke City vs Tottenham Hotspur! Team news to follow shortly...
|Team Manager:||Mark Hughes|
|Team Manager:||Mauricio Pochettino|
Players Sub Time