- 90+3'FT: Belgium 1-0 Russia. The Red Devils are into the last 16 courtesy of Origi's late strike.
- 90+2'Mirallas arrives late on the right of the area after some more wonderful play by Hazard, but the Everton man sees his shot blocked by the keeper.
- 90+1'Three minutes added.
- 90'RUSSIA sub: Samedov off, Kerzhakov on. Can he do it again? Russia need him to!
- Russia Substitution
- 89'That is surely it for Russia.
- 88'GOAL!!!!!!! Origi hammers the ball high into the Russian net after some superb play by Hazard down the left. The Chelsea man gets to the byline and cuts it back for the Lille forward who crashes home.
- Belgium Goal
Right Footed - Top Center
- 87'Fellaini rises to reach the corner but heads over the bar.
- 86'CLOSE AGAIN! Hazard steps onto a pass by Mirallas in the area and slaloms his way into a shooting position but sees it blocked.
- 85'All of a sudden Russia are hanging on a bit. It's a purple patch right at the end for Belgium and the Russians need to hold firm here.
- 84'OFF THE POST! Mirallas steps up and hits a low free kick that smashes against the left-hand post and bounces away.
- 84'RUSSIA sub: Shatov off, Dzagoev on.
- Russia Substitution
- 83'Could this be it? Russia hand ball just outside their area. Real chance.
- 82'You would have to say Russia have edged this, but Belgium still have the personnel to produce a winner.
- 81'SO CLOSE! A flowing Russia move sees the ball worked to Eshchenko who arrives on the right edge of the area and flashes a shot inches wide of the far post.
- 80'Ten minutes to go and we have some cramp issues. It is petering out here. Are we going to get a moment of magic from someone?
- 78'Mirallas tries a few tricks on the left and plays it into Origi who turns but sees his 20-yard effort blocked.
- 77'Easily cleared once again. Russia need to try a bit of variation with their set pieces. The Red Devils are dealing with them comfortably.
- 76'Van Buyten is forced to mop up on the right of his area and Russia have another corner.
- Belgium Substitution
- 75'BELGIUM sub: Kevin Mirallas on for Mertens.
- 75'Glushakov burst forward from his holding role but crashes a shot from the right of the area way over the top.
- 74'Alderweireld booked for chopping down Kanunnikov.
- Belgium Yellow card
- 73'The Man City defender is being called upon more and more as Russia press.
- 72'Deja vu as another corner is met by a commanding header from Kompany.
- 71'Russia looking the more likely now. shatov breaks down the left but doesn't have the legs to get there. Corner number six... Kompany with some more fine defending to avert the danger.
- 70'Twenty minutes to go. Surely it's time for another change?
- 69'Whistles from the crowd. We've been spoilt by the high calibre of football on show at this tournament - but Group H has been a big let down on that front.
- 67'Belgium failing to impress members of the press.
- 66'This is one of the poorest games of the tournament so far up to this point.
- 65'A fifth Russia corner is clipped in but once more it's food and drink for Belgium's towering defence.
- 64'Russia trying to manufacture an opening down the right. They've done a good job nullifying Belgium so far and look capable of pinching this.
- 63'STAT: Russia are unbeaten in their last 11 matches, winning seven of them.
- Russia Substitution
- 62'RUSSIA sub: Kozlov off, Eshchenko on.
- 61'Proof that Lukaku was ineffective.
- 60'End to end stuff as an acrobatic effort fails to come off for Russia, leading to a Belgium break that ends with Origi going down in the box. No penalty and Hazard is irritated as he wanted to one-two off the Lille man.
- 59'PHOTO: Mertens has been quiet in this half but was Belgium's main man in the first 45.
- 58'Lukaku fails to produce the goods for Belgium yet again. Will he get a third chance to lead the line?
- 57'BELGIUM sub: Lukaku off, Divock Origi
- Belgium Substitution
- 55'Witsel booked.
- Belgium Yellow card
- 54'Glushakov is given space on the left side of Belgium's area but decides to go for an outside of the foot shot that arrows harmlessly wide when he had options in the area. Wasteful.
- 53'Van Buyten rises and comfortably powers a header to safety.
- 52'Russia remain a very real threat for Belgium and earn their fourth corner of the game...
- 51'Belgium are unbeaten in their last seven World Cup group games, but have only won two of them.
- 50'Play resumes and Witsel rejoins the action after a swig of water.
- 49'Witsel is down receiving treatment, so we have a break in play.
- 48'Mertens turns down the right and whips in another cross but again Lukaku is nowhere to be seen.
- 47'If the pattern of play remains the same expect early changes for Belgium.
- 46'KICK OFF! Russia restart the match.
- 45+1'HT: Belgium 0-0 Russia. The Russians have had some nice moments while Mertens has been the only positive for the Red Devils.
- 45'One minute added.
- 44'GLORIOUS CHANCE! Glushakov curls a superb left-wing ball into Kokorin who gets between two defenders but plants his free header wide of the post with the goal gaping.
- 43'The corner is cleared to the edge of the area where Faizulin flashes a volley over the top.
- 42'Glushakov is sent rampaging down the right. The midfielder looks to fire in a quick, low cross but Kompany is there to stab it behind.
- 41'Courtois comes and punches clear with an extravagant dive.
- 40'Corner to Russia conceded by Alderweireld following a nice move down the left by Russia.
- 39'It's been a quiet afternoon for Kompany thus far, but he reminds us of his class with a superb challenge when left one-on-one with Kokorin surging in on goal.
- 38'Denis Glushakov booked for a lunging tackle.
- Russia Yellow card
- 37'A sad moment for Vermaelen after his injury in the warm-up saw him leave the action early.
- 35'Akinfeev beats away Mertens' cross-shot from a tight angle after the Napoli winger jinked beyond his man on the right and steamed into the box.
- 34'Lukaku has been a spectator for much of this, very little for the Chelsea forward to feed on.
- 33'It's all a bit pedestrian so far from Belgium. Take Mertens out of the equation and it's been very comfortable for Capello's men.
- 32'BELGIUM sub: Jan Vertonghen replaces Thomas Vermaelen.
- Belgium Substitution
- 31'SAVE! Courtois called into action once again as he beats away another shot from distance.
- 30'Kokorin slips a delightful pass inside the full-back for the run of Samedov but the Lokomotifv Moscow midfielder gets his cross all wrong and floats it behind under no pressure.
- 29'Mertens - the man of the half so far.
- 28'STAT: Belgium haven't kept a clean sheet in their last seven World Cup games.
- 27'Kanunnikov beats Alderweireld to the ball inside the Belgium penalty area. The forward goes down but the referee says no. That was a good shout for a spot kick.
- 26'Mertens catching the eye across the globe.
- 25'The set piece is well defended and when the second cross comes back in from the left, Akinfeev claims under no pressure. Just the type of start he'd have hoped for.
- 24'Mertens causing Russia all sorts of problems. This time the Napoli man glides into the area but can't get past the second man. Corner ball.
- 23'More Fellaini stats to digest...
- 20'Mertens takes a pass from Fellaini in the midfield and motors towards the Russia penalty area before drilling a swerving effort just past the near post.
- 18'STAT: Romelu Lukaku didn't have a single touch in the opposition penalty area against Algeria.
- 17'Alderweireld cuts in on his left foot and fires a cross towards Fellaini at the far post but it's just a bit too high for the Man United man.
- 16'He looks a different man in this red shirt...
- 15'Russia looking bright on the counter attack but the ball out to the flank for the marauding Kozlov is slightly overhit and the full back can't get there to deliver the cross.
- 14'Great move from Belgium. De Bruyne skips through the midfield and plays a lovely ball out to Mertens on the right of the area. The Napoli man has a chance to shoot but opts to look for Lukaku with the pull back and sees his cross brilliantly cleared.
- 13'STAT: Russia's last eight World Cup goals have come in the second half.
- 12'Faizulin picks up a pass from the left and fizzes in a low shot that Courtois gets down well to parry. Fine effort and a good stop.
- 10'Orders from the Belgium coaching staff must be to get as many crosses and shots in early to test out Akinfeev after his shocker against South Korea.
- 9'A long throw from the right bounces beyond Fellaini and Lukaku in the middle. Hazard picks up the loose ball on the left and hoists a cross to the far post to put Akinfeev under some pressure. The Russian stopper punches clear despite a challenge from Fellaini and wins a free kick.
- 8'A late tackle by Toby Alderweireld halts a Russia break and the Atletico Madrid defender gets a talking to from the referee.
- 7'It's not all youth in the Belgium ranks!
- 6'Belgium on top early doors. Russia happy to drop off and try to play on the counter attack, so it's as you would expect.
- 5'STAT: This is the fifth meeting at the World Cup finals and at present it's two wins each. Belgium won the most recent encounter 2-0 in a friendly in Russia in November 2010.
- 4'Mertens ghosts into space on the left of the area and lifts a cross to the far post but Lukaku made his run to the near post.
- 3'A clash of heads sees play stopped briefly. Shatov appears to have come off worse and will go off for the magic sponge.
- 3'Maxim Kanunnikov leads a counter attack from the Belgium corner and marauds down the left. It's three on two but he opts to cut and try his luck.. it's blocked.
- 2'The Red Devils are straight on the attack and Mertens wins a corner on the right.
- 1'KICK OFF! Belgium get us underway.
- 16.58The players are ready... and so are the fans!
- 16.55HEAD-TO-HEAD: The two nations have met eight times: Russia have the edge with four wins to three.
- 16.50Both sides going for a 4-3-2-1 formation.
- 16.46Cahill's goal was a worldy! Robin van Persie header versus Spain is up there too.
- 16.45LAST 16: Costa Rica the big surprise so far.
- 16.40Will this man help make it eight?
- 16.38Best-dressed fans, decked out motors and a plethora of facepalms - check out a gallery of some of the best moments caught on camera at the tournament so far...Fun, frolics and fancy hair!
The defining images of the World Cup so far on Yahoo Eurosport UK.
- 16.35You can keep up-to-date with Reda's adventures throughout the tournament right here on our website. You can also follow him on Twitter: @Reda_Eurosport
- 16.32Eurosport's Reda Maher is in Rio sampling the pre-match mood.
- 16.30Thoughts on the World Cup so far? Which games have been the best so far? My top three (no particular order): Australia 2-3 Holland, Spain 1-5 Holland, Germany 2-2 Ghana Agree? Disagree? Tweet @paul_hassall your thoughts and I'll include the best in the live commentary.Tweet us your top 3
What are your top three games of the tournament so far?
- 16.25Marc Wilmots: "Capello places lots of importance on organisation. It could be a very tactical match, Capello has a great track record at some great clubs and we will see what his approach is on the pitch. We saw Russia play Korea in quite a rigid formation but we will wait to see against us. The most important thing for us is we have to shut down space."
- 16.23Want to know Fabio Capello's thoughts on the high-class standard of football on show at this year's World Cup? Or how about why the Russia boss accused a reporter of being a 'liar' in his pre-match press conference? It's worth a read...‘You’re a liar!’ Capello booms at Russian journalist
Fabio Capello lost his cool as he came under fire from a Russian journalist during a press conference. Continue reading →
- 16.20Fabio Capello: "The way our team played at the end of the second half [against Korea] was the best possible birthday present they could have given me. This team has the willpower, they can play at the top level. At half-time I asked the players to act more confidently and show their best qualities. The players followed my words, that's the most important thing.”
- 16.16Some fans on Twitter recall that seven-goal thriller from '86.
- 16.15Their opening games may not have lit up this World Cup, but these two sides have got previous when it comes to World Cup classics. Back in 1986 the Belgians won a 4-3 thriller after extra time, despite a treble by Igor Belanov for what was then the Soviet Union. And in 2002, Belgium again edged it with a 3-2 success and a goal from current coach, Marc Wilmots.
- 16.12Belgium will book their place in the last 16 with a victory. As it stands in Group H: Belgium 3 pts, Russia 1pt, South Korea 1pt, Algeria 0 pt.World Cup Brazil 2014 Groups & Tables - Yahoo Eurosport
Get the 2014 World Cup in Brazil table, group tables, knock-out phase and results on Yahoo Eurosport.
- 16.10Belgian fans are out in force!
- 16.07Man City captain, Vincent Kompany starts despite concerns over a groin strain, while goalscoring heroes of the 2-1 comeback success over Algeria, Marouane Fellaini and Dries Mertens come into the XI. Aleksandr Kherzhakov came off the bench to turn the game and secure a point for Russia in their opener with South Korea, but Fabio Capello has opted not to give him a starting berth. Goalkeeper, Igor Akinfeev keeps his place despite his almighty clanger that gave the Koreans the lead.
- 16.05TEAMS - BELGIUM: Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vermaelen, Witsel, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Hazard, Mertens, Lukaku. /// RUSSIA: Akinfeev, Kombarov, Berezutskiy, Ignashevich; Glushakov, Kokorin, Shatov, Samedov, Fayzulin; Kozlov, Kanunnikov.
- 16:00Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the Group H clash between Belgium and Russia in Rio. Belgium have dropped three Tottenham players after an unconvincing 2-1 opening win over Algeria.
|Team Manager:||Marc Wilmots|
|Team Manager:||Fabio Capello|
|D. van Buyten||0||0||0||2||6||0||0||0||0||0||0||90|
|K. De Bruyne||0||0||0||32||0||3||1||0||0||0||0||90|