- 90+6'The free kick is cleared, and the referee blows for half time. Congratulations to Uruguay, and if there's any justice Suarez will be banned for 12 international matches for biting.
- 90+4'Suarez misses from 60 yards, and the referee blows for a free kick 50 yards out for Italy.
- 90+3'This game appears finished. Uruguay are defending deep and Italy aren't very good at football.
- Uruguay Yellow card
- 90+1'Muslera is booked for time wasting.
- 90'Italy are pressing now, but they are lacking the men to cause trouble, and now Gaston Ramirez is tackled in his half. Five minutes left.
- 89'I wonder if he'll bite someone else, there's a few minutes left.
- 87'Just three minutes to go.
- 85'Pirlo has a free kick deflected just wide.
- 81'GOAL! Italy 0-1 Uruguay. Godin scores. The corner is curled out towards the defender and he thunders a header into the goal.
- Uruguay Goal
Header - Bottom Right
- 79'Italy have gone even further back. And now Chiellini and Suarez comes together. Suarez and Chiellini is headbutted, and possibly bitten by Suarez. That is hilarious. What a deeply unpleasant man Suarez is. Chiellini swings an arm out at Suarez, but fair enough. If someone bites you, you're allowed to hit them.
- 78'Pereira is fouled by De Sciglio on the edge of the box and the Italian is booked. Gaston Ramirez is on in place of Cristian Rodriguez.
- Uruguay Substitution
- Italy Yellow card
- 77'Suarez has a pass blocked on the edge of the box. This is textbook Italy-ing.
- 75'Thiago Motta comes onto replace Verratti.
- Italy Substitution
- 74'Verratti gets clumped by a late takle by Caceres, and he might actually just have cramp, despite others calling for a sub to be made.
- 73'Here's Marchisio receiving his red card.
- 72'A social media joke.
- Italy Substitution
- 71'The wretched Immobile is replaced by Cassano.
- 70'Italy are defending on the edge of their box now. I doubt they'll hold out for 20 minutes against Cavani and Suarez.
- 68'Immobile is found with a weighted pass from Pirlo, but Gimenez comes across to block the shot and concede a corner.
- 66'Uruguay still need to liven up if they'll get anywhere, and it almost happens now. Cavani shoots, it's blocked and Suarez picks it up. He takes it into the box and toes the shot early at goal, but Buffon gets down swiftly to knock it away. An important save.
- 63'Stuani replaces A. Pereira.
- Uruguay Substitution
- 62'Presumably Italy will just use the same tactics, but sit back a few yards further.
- 59'Marchisio has gone. A straight red for Marchisio. It's fair enough, in fact. In a 50-50 chance he puts his studs up into the legs of Arevalo, and he deserved to go.
- Italy Red card
- 58'Rodriguez has a chance. He finds Suarez on the edge of the box who returns with a lovely ball over the top. Rodriguez brings it down but drags his shot a few yards wide.
- 58'Godin shepherds out a ball, and Uruguay have a goal kick.
- 56'Another foul another foul. See below.
- 55'Have another photo, because nothing is happening.
- 54'Cavani is penalised after the ball drops onto his arm. It's harsh decision, and Cavani is proper miffed. A ball towards Immobile finds the striker in an offside position.
- 52'Rodriguez goes down in what looks like fatal amounts of pain after being caught by Marchisio. Suarez's cross is terrible.
- 51'Cavani wants a foul because he stood next to Bonucci. It wasn't a foul.
- 49'That's about the size of it.
- 48'Caceres goes down as he and Parolo challenge for a 50-50. It wasn't a foul, to my eyes, but the force of the challenge winded Caceres.
- 47'Arevalo has been booked now. Why? Only God can say. Oh no, it was because of a late nick on Verratti from behind.
- 46'The start of the second half, and Balotelli has been replaced by Parolo. Maximiliano Pereiro has replaced Lodeiro.
- Uruguay Substitution
- Italy Substitution
- HTAnd this is the state of the Italian defending.
- HTHere's Balotelli's remarkable leap.
- HTHere's the best chance of the match so far, Suarez vs Buffon.
- 45+3'That's it. Good Lord, this was awful.
- 45+2'Darmian is now down after running into Pareira. He's back on, and OK. Phew.
- 45+1Suarez takes the corner. It's cleared at the near post. Chiellini goe down, again, holding his face after Cavani catches him with a trailing leg. It doesn't seem malicious.
- 45'Suarez's cross is cleared behind by Barzagli.
- 44'Pereira goes down after Darmian goes in with a high boot in midfield. It's a chance for Uruguay to send it into the box. 45 yards out, Suarez to take.
- 43'Balotelli can't understand why his team are playing quite so badly.
- 42'A cross towards Immobile, and Godin heads it away.
- 40'Cavani receives the ball with his back to goal and is swiftly tackled. It's the most exciting moment of the match.
- 39'There's absolutely nothing going on.
- 36'More Reda Maher. Perhaps more Reda Maher than you ever want to see.
- 35'I'm not sure what Delaney is up to at the moment.
- 34'Balotelli goes to the ground after taking a wallop on the back of the head. He wanders off the pitch, taking a drink as he goes.
- 33'Good goalkeeping from Buffon. Suarez is set free by a one-two in the box, and his shot from a tight angle is beaten away, and he smartly claims the follow up.
- 32'Here's Reda Maher again.
- 30'A funny photo. Is this the kind of thing that goes viral?
- 29'Verratti goes past four men with some good control and confidence, but the move breaks down when it reaches Pirlo. Italy then attack down the left, the ball is crossed to Immobile, and he skies a shot forty yards over.
- 27'Barzagli tries the same as Marchisio, with the same result. Pirlo is then penalised for a foul near the halfway line. This is revolting football. Tactically excellent.
- 26'Balotelli finds Marchision in the middle of the Uruguay half, he takes a touch towards goal and has a low shot blocked.
- 25'There have been over one million fouls in the match so far.
- 22'Mario Balotelli gets himself booked. That means he'll miss the next match. He was booked for an utterly ridiculous, and enormous jump into the back of Pereira.
- 20'A cross from the left is met by Cavani at the near post, but he flicks the ball on, tumbles to the ground, and concedes a goal kick.
- 19'De Sciglio runs the ball out of play on the left wing. This is fun.
- 18'Italy work the ball to Darmian on the right wing from a free kick, but the ball goes out of play. This is a grim match.
- 16'Cavani's header forward is intercepted by the Italy defence, but Uruguay win it back. Cavani has had a quiet tournament so far.
- 14'The big news is that there's a review in the England - Sri Lanka test.
- 13'Pirlo's comes to nothing, and a high boot means Uruguay have a free kick and a chance to clear.
- 12'Pirlo has a shot from a 35 yard free kick, which takes Muslera by surprise, but he tips it over the bar.
- 11'Pirlo chips in a free kick that's headed away. Uruguay come forward, but swiftly lose possession. A draw, by the way, means Italy rather than Uruguay go through.
- 9'Italy come forward and Darmian wins a throw high up the pitch. Nothing happens from it.
- 8'Gonzalez did catch Chiellini in the face, but it was a complete accident.
- 7'Verratii trips Pereira on the left wing. Suarez's cross is punched away, but it comes back to Buffon to catch. Chiellini is down, holding his face.
- 6'A foul on Luis Suarez, after he's tripped by Barzagli. Suarez, predictably, launches himself across the pitch. Some people call it cheating, others just find the whole package of the man absolutely disgusting.
- 5'Wifi update now.
- 4'Our man on the ground takes a photo of the fans.
- 3'Does anyone get this joke?
- 2'Balotelli is squeezed out as he tried to sprint thrugh the midfield. He was fairly obviously tripped, but the ref gives nothing.
- 1'We kick off, and let's hope that Luis Suarez doesn't burst into tears of anger when I make fun of him next.
- 16:55There are five minutes until kick off, so if you want, please give me your predictions on @lxndrnthrtn. I'm predicting Uruguay to go through, and for Luis Suarez to answer his critics with the neutral medium of goals.
- 16:50A sad moment for tedious men on the internet, as this is the last international tournament for Andre Pirlo, below. A slightly overrated, if very good, bearded man who plays football.
- 16:45*Downs third chaser of rum* Right, back to the football. Meanwhile, please send all your updates to Ed Malyon as he is about to get on a plane and so cannot watch the match. Journalism works both ways, people.
- 16:40Is your answer on how to cope just to drink heavily? No, no, mine neither.
- 16:35Both sides will be looking for a win, so let's hope it matches the quality of most of the games we have had so far in the World Cup. It makes you wonder though. When we go back to the dour, conservative, safety-first Premier League, how will we cope?
- 16:30This is brilliant. In case you missed it, have a look at the measured reaction of Ian Wright to the story that some England players don't like playing for England, despite their being no compelling reason for them to do so.Overreaction Theatre: A Wright mess
Ian Wright found himself at the centre of a Twitter storm after making a bizarre suggestion to English players who had shirked international duty. Continue reading →
- 16:25Ahead of England's match of Costa Rica, have you considered buying a Barack Obama mug to show your support?Bunch of mugs! Crockery firm mixes up England’s Smalling with Team USA’s Obama
One is a mighty and indomitable figure who stands astride the world. The other is some American politician. Continue reading →
- 16:20Keep up to date with all the news from Rio with a liveblog from Eurosport's Hunter S. Maher here.World Cup 2014 LIVE blog - Yahoo Eurosport
Get the latest World Cup 2014 news, rumours and match comment from Yahoo Eurosport’s LIVE blog.
- 16:15Away from the World Cup, sort of, is the falling out between Yaya Toure and Manchester City. Toure has complained City failed to treat him with respect as his brother suffered from illness and ultimately died. You can read more about it here.World Cup - Yaya Toure: City stopped me seeing dying brother
Yaya Toure has claimed that Manchester City prevented him from spending time with his brother Ibrahim, who died of cancer last week.
- 16:10Both teams as you would expect. It's hard to call a favourite here, given both have only beaten England, the worst team in the competition. You can have a look at the video preview here.Italy v Uruguay | Result | World Cup 2014 in Brazil - Yahoo Eurosport
Get the live result from Italy v Uruguay in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil from Yahoo Eurosport. Find stats, team line-ups and man of the match here.
- 16:05TEAMS: Italy: Buffon, De Sciglio, Chiellini, Darmian, Marchisio, Balotelli, Barzagli, Immobile, Bonucci, Pirlo, Verratti. /// Uruguay: Muslera, Godin, Pereira, Rodriguez, Suarez, Gimenez, Lodeiro, Arevalo, Gonzalez, Cavani, Caceres.
- 16:00Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the winner-takes-all clash between Italy and Uruguay in Group D.
|Team Manager:||Antonio Conte|
|Team Manager:||Oscar Tabarez|
|M. De Sciglio||0||0||0||26||0||0||3||0||1||0||0||90|
|E. Arévalo Rios||0||0||0||31||0||0||1||3||1||0||0||90|