Newcastle United Message Board
So far in his career, Pardew has been involved in several controversial issues and events. In 2003, the BBC described him as being a "dangerous and distant animal" in the media, referring to his public relations abilities, which has led him to making several rash comments. When at West Ham, the club employed a media advisor for Pardew to help him win over sceptical fans. The following is a list of controversies Pardew has been involved in:
* In September 2003, Pardew resigned from Reading after being refused permission to become manager at West Ham. Reading's chairman John Madejski attempted to create an injunction in the High Court to prevent him from moving to West Ham. Eventually Reading's legal action was dropped, and Pardew joined West Ham after a period of gardening leave.
* In December 2005, Pardew stated a public interest in Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson, without informing Palace manager Iain Dowie.
* In March 2006, Pardew had a dispute with Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, after he criticised Arsenal for failing to field an English player in their UEFA Champions League win against Real Madrid. Wenger suggested that Pardew was being xenophobic, a claim Pardew denied, citing his marriage to a Swedish wife.
* In November 2006, Pardew had another dispute with Wenger after celebrating West Ham's win over Arsenal. Wenger claimed he was "provoked" into pushing Pardew after Pardew's celebrations at West Ham's late win. Wenger was later fined by the Football Association, whilst Pardew was cleared of the charges in January 2007.
* In February 2007, shortly before Pardew's new club Charlton faced West Ham, The Sun published a report documenting a video of one of Pardew's media training sessions he took whilst manager at West Ham. In the video, Pardew jokingly made several disparaging comments about West Ham's fans.
* In October 2007, Pardew intervened on the pitch in a match against Hull City to try and break up a confrontation between Charlton and Hull players after Lloyd Sam and Ian Ashbee were sent-off. Pardew denied he made the situation worse by intervening.
* In March 2009, on Match of the Day 2 Pardew stated that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien "absolutely rapes" Man City player Ched Evans during a midfield tussle for the ball, in the sense that he bested him physically. The BBC said there will be no on-air apology, despite 35 viewer complaints, insisting it had been misheard as "rakes", and expressing no certainty that Pardew would appear, or not appear on the show again.
Now is this the sort of person we need at a Club like Newcastle , He will just end up another statistic , What A farce , Hughton had more heart and soul for the Toon than we could have ever expected . Newcastle board said they wanted more experience , well F*&% me , bring on the next scapegoat ASHLEY YOU FAT GREEDY BAST&*%
it's clear that pardew is an unsavoury character. the points you listed are probably but afew. but the most outstanding thing is he said that he knew nothing of this before monday - yet he has been seen with llambias for weeks (this adds liar to his resume)
on top of stabbing a professional manager in the back. i've no time for you pardew and never will have.