I am writing a thesis appraising how the Premier League distributes its broadcast rights.
Currently the Premier League does not distribute its broadcast money equally among the twenty clubs. 50% of the broadcast money is divided equally, 25% is divided depending on a clubs final league position and 25% is divided according to the number of television appearances by a club.
This questionnaire will help give a football fans perspective on how the Premier League should distribute its broadcast rights.
Please answer the questionnaire by simply pasting your answers in a reply. The following examples below demonstrate how to answer.
For example question 1: 1. To ensure that the Premier League is competitive (More evenly balanced league, with a variety of teams capable of winning the league)
For example question 2:
Copy and paste each statement and then next to the statement put whether you Strongly Agree, Agree, Disagree or Strongly Disagree with the statement.
2. Premier League clubs should receive more television money for finishing higher in the league. Agree
For example question 3:
For example question 4:
4. It is cheaper than attending Premier League matches
1. Please choose which of the following Premier League objectives YOU think is the most important.
- To ensure that the Premier League is competitive (More evenly balanced league, with a variety of teams capable of winning the league) - To ensure that Premier League clubs succeed in European competitions (Winning or getting to the latter stages of the Champions League and the Europa League) - To ensure that the Premier League helps develop playing talent to provide success at all levels for the England national team - To ensure that there is the optimum amount of Premier League games available on television - To ensure that investments are made to improve grassroots football in England
2. Please state whether you Strongly Agree, Agree, Disagree or Strongly Disagree with the following statements.
- Premier League clubs should receive more television money for finishing higher in the league. - Premier League clubs should appear on television an equal amount of times. - Premier League clubs success in European competitions reflects and impacts well upon the rest of the league. - Premier League clubs should negotiate their own broadcast rights deals so that fans have access to all of their favourite team’s games. - A free-to-air television service would harm the stability and future of the Premier League.
3. Do you pay for a television subscription (Sky Sports or ESPN) to watch Premier League games?
If YES, please tick the box YES and then go to question FOUR. If NO please tick NO and then go to question FIVE.
4. What most attracts you to this subscription?
- It is cheaper than attending Premier League matches - The amount of Premier League matches - The quality of the Premier League - Accessibility to the best games in the Premier League - Other, please state.........................
5. If answered NO to question THREE please state what most detracts you from this subscription?
- Price - Lack of coverage of your favourite team - The league is too predictable - Not enough games - Other, please state...........................