Liverpool Message Board
you are viewing a single comment's thread.view the rest of the posts
Just before I started Jase, You have put down a 4-2-3-1 formation but with those players you have listed, that is technically a 4-4-2. Suarez always drops off Carroll and looks to get in and around him so would effectively be 2 up top. I cant really envisage Kuyt and Downing starting from a level area to him, they will nearly always reset in front of the full backs.
10. - Back 4? -Kelly - Carra - Skrtel - Enrique, nailed on and a 100% certainty
9. - Formation? - 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, whatever we want to call it! Defintely 3 central players
8. - Carroll starts? - No, ideally I would like to see him wear down the centre halves then bring Bellamy on late on but I think we should revert to 1 up top. Errrrr, not so sure Sunderlands O'shea will have to much of an impact :)
7. - Outfield Setup? - Lucas/Adam in the middle, gerro in behind Suarez, Kuyt and Downing/Bellamy wide
6. - Player who must step up? - Kelly, is definitely going to be the target for the swapping Nani/Young
5. - Surprise Starter? - Bellamy, not been on international duty so should be fresh
4. - Utd player who worries you? - Rooney, doesnt have the best record against us but we know what that ugly git has in the locker! Will go 1 of 2 of ways after his nightmare week
3. - Impact Sub? - Bellamy, definitely agree
2. - Where to hurt Utd? - RB, RCB and GK are the places to try and have a go at for sure
1. - Prediction Time? - I want to go for a big win but a score draw seems high on the agenda 2-2
Subs: Doni, Agger, Glen, Carroll, Bellamy, Jordan, Maxi
Yea, matchup usually tends to end up as a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 (2) like you say, as the run of play goes on. I just like to see how they line up and envision in my head the tactical approach. Some managers very rigid in holding shape, ie Joselina (and another manager we knew), not Kenny, who seems to let them roam and swap throughout the game..
I do like the idea of Gerrard right behind Suarez alot, that was a wonderful 1-2 with Torres when both were right. I'm just wondering if perhaps Suarez and Carroll have started to understand each other's movement/thinking after two good performances from Carroll, and maybe Stevie may not click just yet? I certainly wouldn't argue it, though if Rio/Vidic are both fit as it seems, and Jones at RB, Carroll's height would help. But again I'd defer to the 11 best, and most likely to cause them issues rather than play to their strength..