Liverpool Message Board
you are viewing a single comment's thread.view the rest of the posts
Yes Dave, I have been hook, line and sinkered into the FSG policy now, I guess you have to be otherwise you arent doing your job as a 'support'er. I am not just singing from the unequivocal support songsheet and I am not claiming Rodgers to be a better manager then Capello or Hiddink but for the project we have and the lean towards youth and prefered playing style, the board have made a very intelligent and progressive appointment.
I forgot to mention Coates, he really does have good feet, he could be very useful in a passing defence. Lucas was putting in some pretty monstrous 90% ish pass completion ratios last season and even Jordan Henderson was cracking 85% so with a bit of calmness instigated they may get even higher.
Another interesting one is that Swansea play with the lone big man up top in Danny Graham who is very much in the Andy mould.
I dont want to suggest that Brendan Rodgers has an easy job for him this season but he will be the benefactor of Kennys turmoil.
- He is coming to a club where the old players transfer fees will no longer hold relevance
- He can look around the dressing room and see young englishmen with no pound signs on their heads
- The core of the side was ripped out a year ago and then given a season to begin a gelling process
- The team proved its potential in the cups last season but was massively lacking in consistency
- The squads flaws are clear for all to see so transfer strategys should be simple enough
- an 8th place finish with lowest ever points tally will provide a platform for lower expectation!
Well maybe adapt current players.. if Carroll does come the big target man. Then Saurez could play deeper and be link up player or go on the wing himself? Unless Rodgers buys in players?