Sunday October 23, 2011
No comments yet | Write your comment
- The worst possible news has now come through from Malaysia: Marco Simoncelli has died from his injuries.
- Awful news from Malaysia - we'll leave it there, hoping and praying for Simoncelli to come through after that horrific accident.
- The reason for the cancellation has come through, and it's the worst possible news: Marco Simoncelli's injuries are apparenrtly critical despite him regaining consciousness, and organisers will not run the race while his life hangs in the balance.
- We'd been wondering why none of the bikes had been out warming up from the planned restart five minutes ago - but it's not taking place now.
- THE RACE HAS BEEN CANCELLED! Shocking stuff here in Malaysia!
- Clouds have been gathering ever since the race was stopped, and the sky is looking glooomier and gloomier now - the spectre of tropical rain is always a worry in Malaysia, we could yet see a further delay.
- New reports in - and Colin Edwards has apparently dislocated his shoulder. Poor guy, there was absolutely nowhere to go for him when Simoncelli went down in his path.
- The bikes will be back out on the grid at 4:30pm local time - that's 9:30am UK time - with the race restarting with the original grid positions 15 minutes later.
- Reports are reaching us that Colin Edwards has probably broken a bone in his hand.
- Simoncelli is apparently conscious, so thankfully it sounds like his injuries aren't critical.
- Simoncelli is being treated in the medical centre at the circuit - replays show that he simply overbalanced and fell off, with Edwards and Rossi running into him.
- Rossi looks fine, but Simoncelli is still being treated. You'll get the news as soon as we do.
- Colin Edwards is holding his wrist in pain after that crash - unlikely that he'll restart.
- Shocking scenes here in Malaysia. It'll be a complete restart with 20 laps to run.
- The race will have to be restarted - Simoncelli doesn't look good, he's lying prostrate on the track.
2/20 There's a three-way collision! Simoncelli is down, Rossi is involved as well and Colin Edwards loses it too! Red flag!
2/20 Stoner still leads after one lap, but the big battle on track is between Bautista and Simoncelli for fourth place - they're having a great tussle and overtaking each other back and forth.
1/20 It's a clean start, with Stoner getting away best of the front row and the championship leader leads from the front!
- The warm-up lap is over, and we're about to get under way...
- The warm-up lap gets under way, and the all-orange front row makes for an eyecatching sight.
- The bikes are on the grid, the hangers on and scantily-clad girls are being hurried off the tarmac, and we're about to get under way...
- And in the 125cc race, Maverick Vinales took his third victory of the year as Nico Terol's championship celebrations were postponed in a dramatic last lap.
- In the Moto2 race earlier, Thomas Luthi denied Stefan Bradl a chance to wrap up the Moto2 world championship by winning at Sepang.
- Morning everybody, and welcome to our LIVE coverage of this penultimate race of the MotoGP season.
Please login to post a comment
Not already a Yahoo! user ?
Sign up to get a free Yahoo! Account
Yahoo! News Network
Change country setting