Bale not going to Barcelona

Harry Redknapp has dismissed a report claiming Tottenham have agreed a fee with Barcelona for the sale of star winger Gareth Bale.

Eurosport

Spanish newspaper Marca suggested on Friday morning that Spurs had sanctioned Bale's departure to the current European champions for a fee of 40 million euros.

Bale admitted last month that he would not be able to turn down a move to the Catalan giants and Barca defender Dani Alves said in a recent interview that the Welshman would fit in well at Camp Nou.

Redknapp insists the 22-year-old is not leaving White Hart Lane this summer, however.

The Spurs boss told a press conference: "I don't know anything about [the story linking Bale with Barcelona]. I wouldn't think there is the slightest bit of truth in that. Not a chance, I wouldn't have thought."

Bale shot to prominence with a series of stunning displays in the Champions League last season and has caught the eye again for Spurs this term.

View Comments (0)