Uncapped winger Bolasie, who plays for Championship club Crystal Palace, was named last month in a preliminary squad of 28 for the tournament in South Africa which starts on January 19.
Bolasie's agent told the BBC last month the 23-year-old player felt he was not ready for international football and he has been replaced by Saudi-based player Yves Diba, the Congolese Football Federation said.
Diba will join up with the squad when they start a training camp in Oman on Friday.
Congo will cut their squad to 23 by January 9. They play their opening Group B match against Ghana in Port Elizabeth on January 20.
- Sports & Recreation