The WFR Honda remains a contender for the crown despite having not won a race yet, and has impressed all weekend, dominating every practice session.
Lowes' qualifying lap was a stunner, comfortably ahead of defending champion Tommy Hill, with Michael Laverty, Josh Brookes, and Shane Byrne rounding out the top five.
Brookes leads the championship by two points from Byrne, with Hill a further 20 pack.
And the Swan Yamaha rider remains optimistic that he can close the gap on the two men ahead of him.
“It is good to be back on the front row and hopefully we won’t have any more stunts tomorrow in the races," Hill said after struggling to get his bike set-up right.
"We have knuckled down again and have been getting on with business as we really want wins bad.
"Qualifying was good for us and we have made good changes each session. We can’t have any excuses and we know where we need to be for the races tomorrow. We need to get stuck in and get some results to get points in the bag and move forward. I am feeling pretty confident and we need to go out to get results tomorrow to try and win this championship again.”
Qualifying top 10
1. Alex Lowes GBR WFR Honda CBR1000RR 2m 05.662s
2. Tommy Hill GBR Swan Yamaha YZF-R1 2m 06.487s
3. Michael Laverty GBR Samsung Honda CBR1000RR 2m 06.553s
4. Josh Brookes AUS Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 2m 06.717s
5. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid PBM Kawasaki ZX-10R 2m 06.775s
6. Chris Walker GBR Pr1mo BKR Kawasaki ZX-10R 2m 07.154s
7. James Westmoreland GBR WFR Honda CBR1000RR 2m 07.429s
8. Barry Burrell GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR 2m 07.444s
9. Peter Hickman GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR 2m 07.540s
10. Danny Buchan GBR MSS Bathams Kawasaki ZX-10R No Time
- Josh Brookes
- Tommy Hill
- Michael Laverty