Serie A - Italian transfer gossip: Genoa declare interest in Niang

Samuel Eto’o’s agent believes that the Cameroon striker will stay at Anzhi this summer, despite reports to the contrary.

FootballItalia
Premier League - Eto'o set for Chelsea debut
.

View photo

Samuel Eto'o (Reuters)

The goalscorer has been linked with a return to Inter and a potential transfer to Napoli during the window.

But the player’s representative has insisted that those reports are false.

“I can tell you that Eto’o is likely to remain at Anzhi,” Peppino Terri told vesti.ru.

“It would be very difficult to arrange a transfer at the moment.

“Samuel is not willing to leave the club for wages any less than he earns currently.”

The 32-year-old is rumoured to earn around €20m per season.

Genoa boss Fabio Liverani has revealed he wants his club to sign M’Baye Niang from Milan before the transfer window closes.

The Diavolo have insisted the 18-year-old striker will remain at San Siro this term, but the Rossoblu have expressed an interest in recent weeks.

“I dream of having Niang in my squad,” the new tactician told Il Secolo XIX on Thursday. “A Niang who is hungry and ready to test himself here with us at Genoa.”

Niang, however, did tell L’Equipe earlier this month that he wanted to fight for his place with the Diavolo.

“I’m happy at Milan and I want to stay,” the former Caen striker stated. “I know what I can give to the team and I don’t fear the competition for places.

“I can play as a striker, on the left or right, I’ll play wherever Coach Massimiliano Allegri needs me. I know that I have the qualities to make an impact with this club.”

The teenager was signed a year ago, but he failed to score in 20 League games for the Rossoneri last season.

Paris Saint-Germain youngster Marco Verratti has dismissed speculation earlier this summer that linked him with Fiorentina.

Reports last month suggested that the midfielder could make a shock move to the Viola after just one season in the French capital.

But the Italy international has claimed that he is happy at Les Parisiens.

“There’s never been any actual negotiations with Fiorentina,” he told reporters.

“The Viola were only testing the ground. I decided to stay in Paris.

“I wanted to stay with this club and continue with a project that has been enriched with the arrival of players like Cavani and Marquinhos.”

Genoa striker Alberto Gilardino has remained tight-lipped over his future, with reports linking him to several Serie A clubs.

The Italy international has been heavily rumoured with a transfer to Roma, Inter and Napoli this summer.

But the 31-year-old has insisted that there have been no new developments.

“Is there any more news about my future?” he questioned to reporters. “No, at the moment there is nothing new.”

The agent of Barcelona defender Martin Montoya has revealed that Inter and Napoli have enquired about his client.

The Blaugrana youngster has found first-team opportunities at Camp Nou hard to come by in recent seasons.

But the player’s representative has claimed that the 22-year-old’s future is with Tata Martino’s men.

“We have received many requests for Martin,” Jose Maria Orobitg told Ilsussidiario.net.

“Inter and Napoli have asked, but Barcelona want to keep him at all costs.

“This week we have talked about an extension, so I hope everything goes well.”

The Corriere dello Sport claims Roma have accepted an €18m offer from Southampton for Pablo Daniel Osvaldo.

The capital outfit are ready to sell the striker this month and the English club have been monitoring his situation with interest.

A fee is understood to have been agreed between the two clubs, but it is unclear whether the Italian international will accept the switch.

Southampton have allegedly offered him a four-year contract worth €2.5m a campaign.

The man born in Argentina has also been paired with Inter, Fulham, Benfica and Tottenham so far this summer.

Genoa have joined fellow Serie A clubs Roma and Livorno in the race to sign Uruguayan youngster Gonzalo Bueno.

The Nacional forward, still just 20, has caught the attention of a host of clubs across the European game.

Roma were initially linked with the Uruguayan Under-20 international, but they are not the only Italian side keen.

Genoa are looking for a new attacker after recently admitting an interest in Milan youngster M’Baye Niang.

Dynamo Moscow are also very interested in the South American attacking talent.

Stefano Sorrentino and Gianluca Pegolo could be targeted by Sampdoria if they sell Sergio Romero to Monaco.

The Argentine is very close to a switch to the Ligue 1 outfit and his exit would leave Doria needing a new goalkeeper.

Sorrentino and Pegolo are both available for transfer after their clubs, Palermo and Siena respectively, were relegated to Serie B last season.

Sorrentino, who only moved to Sicily from Chievo Verona in January, is also of interest to Fiorentina.

Pegolo, meanwhile, was also paired with Monaco earlier this summer but the move failed to materialise.

Sorrentino is 34, while Pegolo is two years younger.

Chievo Verona boss Giuseppe Sannino has reportedly asked the club to sign Atalanta’s Franco Brienza.

The latter is a 34-year-old forward who has less than a year left on his contract at the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia.

Sannino knows the former Reggina player well given that he bossed him during spells at Siena and then Palermo.

Brienza joined the Nerazzurri on transfer deadline day in January from the Rosanero, but he appeared in just six League games for the Bergamo boys last term.

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has refused to comment on speculation that he is on the verge of selling Alessandro Matri to Napoli.

The available striker is understood to be discussing personal terms with the Azzurri following the summer arrivals of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente in Turin.

“Matri? I can’t talk about it, I wouldn’t know what to say,” the Turin club’s transfer chief told Sky Sport Italia.

If Matri, valued at around €12m, is sold then he will strengthen a Napoli attack which already contains Gonzalo Higuain and Lorenzo Insigne.

“They are, without doubt, two great attackers,” the former Sampdoria official noted. “But Napoli are an important side as a whole anyway.”

After weeks of negotiations, it appears that newly promoted Verona have done a deal to sign Samuele Longo from Inter.

The latter was attracting significant interest from Livorno, but the Gazzetta dello Sport claims that the striker is heading to the Stadio Bentegodi.

The Italian Under-21 international is expected to join up with his new teammates at the start of next week.

The 21-year-old has been made available for transfer by the Nerazzurri after returning from a loan spell at Espanyol in Spain.

View Comments