Serie A - Italian transfer news: Honda opts for Milan over Barca

CSKA Moscow midfielder Keisuke Honda looks set to be on the verge of a move to Milan after rejecting Barcelona.

FootballItalia
Serie A - Italian transfer news: Honda opts for Milan over Barca
.

View photo

FOOTBALL World Cup 2010 Japan Keisuke Honda

Several media outlets in Italy claimed that the Rossoneri are close to agreeing a €4m deal with the Russian club.

And Milan chief executive Ernesto Bronzetti then confirmed that he wants to join – saying that he rejected a move to Barcelona.

“The gap between our offer and their asking price is low,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“Tonight after their League game he will speak with the President and tell them that he wants to leave.

“They would like to keep him for the Champions, but the guy just wants to join Milan.

“He even turned down a move to Barcelona.”

The Japan international’s contract is set to run on in January 2014.

Reports in Italy suggest that Real Madrid have made Andrea Pirlo their number one target for this transfer window.

Tuttosport have insisted that Carlo Ancelotti is desperate to reunite with the Juventus playmaker, and will look to make a move at some point over the summer.

The veteran midfielder has enjoyed a new lease of life since his arrival at the Bianconeri two years ago and is widely regarded as one of the fines players on the continent.

The Italian tactician sees his countryman as an ideal teammate and mentor to some of Los Blancos’ younger players and will hope to lure him to Santiago Bernabeu.

It is not clear whether the 34-year-old would want to leave the Serie A champions however.

Fabio Borini’s agent says the striker is fully focused on Liverpool after transfer links emerged with Lazio.

“I can confirm that Lazio sporting director Igli Tare has always been a fan of Fabio, but I have not had any contact with Lazio,” Marco De Marchi told Radio Sei.

“What I can assure you is that Borini is concentrating on doing well for Liverpool to beat the competition for places in attack.

“At this moment in time he only has Liverpool in his mind, we are talking about one of the greatest clubs in the world.”

The 22-year-old only joined the Reds last summer after a €13m fee was agreed with Roma. However, he endured an injury-hit campaign at Anfield.

Borini, formerly of Chelsea, Swansea and Parma, returned to full fitness this summer as Italy reached the Final of the Under-21 European Championship.

Lazio are looking for a new striker to pair with Miroslav Klose.

Sky Sport Italia claim Luis Pedro Cavanda has signed a new contract with Lazio.

The player’s future in Rome was unclear given that his previous deal was set to expire in the summer of 2014.

It is being claimed on Monday afternoon that the defender has agreed €300,000 a year terms until June 2018.

The 23-year-old featured in 24 games for the Biancocelesti last season across Serie A, the Coppa Italia and the Europa League.

Cavanda is a Belgium international who has been at Lazio since 2007. He’s spent spells out on loan at Torino and Bari.

Porto striker Jackson Martinez has insisted that he will not leave the club, despite rumoured interest from Napoli.

The Partenoepi are on the look-out for a striker following Edinson Cavani’s departure to Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.

The Colombian forward has been one of many names but forward as Cavani’s potential successor, but the goalscorer has claimed he is happy in Portugal.

“I am happy to be here at a club like this,” he told Renascenca. “I am enjoying the opportunity to play here.

“I want to repeat what happened last season and win more trophies with Porto.”

The agent of Zenit St Petersburg defender Luis Neto has claimed that his client has had no contract from Inter.

The Nerazzurri have been linked with a move for the 25-year-old, who only joined the Russian club from Siena in January.

But the centre-back's representative has insisted that the San Siro have not been in touch.

“I have heard the rumours,” he told Izvestia. “But all I can say is that no one has called us.

“Many teams are interested in my client, but neither he nor Zenit are willing to consider offers.

“Neto wants to win with Zenit.

“Maybe one day he'll return to Italy, but not now.”

Mauro Zarate has lost in his attempt to try and end his contract at Lazio, according to one of the club's lawyers.

The Argentine forward openly admitted last season that he wanted to leave the capital club and go back to his home country.

But the striker has failed in his bid to have his contract terminated.

“We got what we wanted,” Gianmichele Gentile told LazioNews24. “A ruling has been past, but we'll have to wait.

“Zarate wanted to terminate his contract, but that has not been granted so he will return to Lazio.

“What the club now have in mind for him I do not know – you'll have to ask him and his agent.”

Zarate has been linked with a move to Velez Sarsfield.

Bologna Coach Stefano Pioli has echoed the words of his President by insisting that Alessandro Diamanti will stay at the club.

The Italy international has been heavily linked with a move to Juventus this summer after imressing for the Rossoblu last term.

But the tactician has repeated the same sentiment claimed by Albano Guaraldi this morning.

“I have been reassured by the club [that Diamanti is staying],” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“The President has been very clear on the matter.

“He is our captain and our most recognisable player – so we are welcoming him back with open arms.

“We are focused on doing well next season and have been working very hard.”

Palermo have received no bids for Abel Hernandez, Stefano Sorrentino or Emiliano Viviano, the club have confirmed.

All three players have been linked with Serie A clubs following the Rosanero’s relegation, but Giorgio Perinetti has told Tuttosport that those associations are just rumours.

“We’ve had no offers for Hernandez. It is the same situation for Sorrentino even if we don’t want to sell him,” the director general noted.

While Sorrentino is a goalkeeper the club want to keep, Viviano is a shot-stopper which they want to cash in on.

“It’s madness that nobody has come forward for Viviano,” the former Siena official continued. “If Fiorentina just missed out on the Champions League last season then he deserves a little credit.”

The Italian international spent 2012-13 on loan in Tuscany, but the Viola opted against signing him outright.

Alessandro Diamanti will still be wearing the Bologna shirt during the 2013-14 campaign, the club insist.

The Italian international has been linked with possible moves to Inter, Milan and Juventus in the last six months. He’s also caught the eye abroad.

“I can tell you that Diamanti is not for sale,” President Albano Guaraldi told Sky Sport Italia when asked about the fantasista’s future.

“He is the captain of Bologna, he doesn’t want to leave us and we have no desire to rid ourselves of him in the future.”

The 30-year-old has spent the last two seasons at Bologna. He’s scored 14 goals in 64 League games for the Dall’Ara outfit.

Chievo Verona have made no secret of the fact that they would like to sign available Inter midfielder Ezequiel Schelotto.

The Argentine-born Italian international is looking for a new club after he was not included in the squad for the Beneamata’s pre-season training retreat.

“Schelotto is basically talked about on a daily basis,” Chievo sporting director Giovanni Sartori told Calcio News 24. “Everybody knows his qualities.

“I’m not saying that we don’t want him, but there is still plenty of time in order to complete signings.”

Schelotto, 23, scored one goal in 12 League appearances for the Beneamata in the last campaign following a January move from Atalanta.

Chievo are hoping to net the right-sided South American on a simple loan deal.

View Comments