Serie A - Italian transfer news: English clubs hunt Kuzmanovic

Zdravko Kuzmanovic’s Inter experience could be short-lived, as he’s linked with West Ham, Sunderland and Aston Villa.

FootballItalia
Serie A - Italian transfer news: English clubs hunt Kuzmanovic
.

View photo

2013 Inter Kuzmanovic AP/LaPresse

The 25-year-old Serbian midfielder only arrived in January from VfB Stuttgart for €1.2m, but struggled to make an impact.

He made 13 Serie A appearances and one in the Coppa Italia.

According to The Mirror, Kuzmanovic has attracted interest from several Premier League clubs for a summer move.

West Ham United had already been linked, but are now joined by Sunderland and Aston Villa, while Malaga are also an option in Spain.

Torino coach Giampiero Ventura warned he requires “another two signings to complete the squad” after Ciro Immobile scored four on his debut.

The Granata played a pre-season friendly on Saturday, beating local side Bormiese 10-0 with new boy Immobile scoring four goals.

Riccardo Meggiorini netted twice, with Emiliano Moretti, Giuseppe Vives, Kamil Glik and Nicola Bellomo also on target.

“We changed many players over the summer and tried to sign players with a bright future ahead of them,” said Ventura.

“We are still missing a little something, let’s say two players to complete the squad that so far has shown itself to be reliable.

“The effort and concentration of the players is fundamental, as you earn results with hard work and sweat, not words and proclamations.

“The history of Torino means we must always push to improve. We want to be protagonists and a competitive side, though obviously to bridge the gap with clubs who can invest more heavily we need to rely on ideas, organisation and good football.”

Napoli have given up on Julio Cesar, but it’s reported Milan could sign the QPR goalkeeper instead.

The shot-stopper does not intend to remain at the London club following their relegation from the Premier League.

His agent revealed on Saturday that his negotiations with Napoli faltered due to personal terms, as he wouldn’t accept a pay cut.

According to Calciomercatonews, Milan now intend to swoop for the Brazilian international goalkeeper instead.

They would be prepared to pay the €2.7m per season wages the 33-year-old currently earns at QPR.

It’d be a return to San Siro for Julio Cesar, who represented Milan’s city rivals Inter from 2005 to 2012.

While Napoli have apparently pulled out of the race in order to take Pepe Reina on loan from Liverpool, Arsenal are still tracking Julio Cesar.

Morgan De Sanctis is on the verge of joining Roma for €0.5m.

On Saturday, Udinese beat QPR 2-1 in a pre-season friendly.

Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Mirko Vucinic, reportedly offering £13m to Juventus.

This is not the first time they have been linked with the Montenegro international hitman, who could well leave Turin this summer.

He is increasingly pushed to the sidelines by the arrival of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente, while the Bianconeri have also been unable to sell Fabio Quagliarella and Alessandro Matri.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Manchester United are prepared to meet the €15m – approximately £13m – price-tag set by Juventus for Vucinic.

The 29-year-old scored 14 goals in 43 games in all competition for Juve last season, including 10 in Serie A.

To sell for €15m would be a sound financial move too, as Juve paid only a combined €9m plus performance-related bonuses for both Tevez and Llorente.

Gaston Ramirez’s agent said the Southampton midfielder “would be very happy to wear the Inter jersey.”

There are reports in the Italian media that the Nerazzurri are preparing a £13m (€15m) proposal for the Uruguay international.

“I have not personally had any contact with Inter, but there could well have been discussions between the clubs,” agent Pablo Betancourt told ItaSportPress.

“If the Nerazzurri are able to match his price-tag, then Gaston would be very happy to wear the Inter jersey. We’ll evaluate the offer.”

Ramirez is a familiar face to Serie A, as Bologna sold him to Southampton for a club record £12m last summer.

The Viola are emerging as real contenders for this season after bringing in Mario Gomez, Joaquin, Marcos Alonso, Massimo Ambrosini and Oleksander Iakovenko.

“We have added many cherries to the cake since January, from Giuseppe Rossi to Gomez,” said President Cognini at pre-season training.

“Marco Verratti was an idea that came up last year and continues because our directors know his agent, but I don’t think it is a move that can be done.

“The squad can today be considered complete, but that doesn’t mean something else won’t happen. Over the next few days we’ll have another meeting to find a solution with Palermo for Josip Ilicic.

“As for a new goalkeeper, our management staff is very impressed with Neto, so he will be our first choice.”

Fiorentina President Mario Cognini reveals there’s already a deal for Vincenzo Montella’s extension, but Adem Ljajic “is not a priority.”

Stevan Jovetic was sold to Manchester City for €30m this week, while Ljajic has been linked with Milan as his contract expires in June 2014.

“There are currently no negotiations with Ljajic, as he still has a year left on his contract and right now he is not a priority. When the time comes, we’ll sit round a table and find a solution. I’d call Jovetic’s sale a wound.”

Coach Montella took Fiorentina to fourth place in his first season and saw them play some of the best football in Serie A.

“We already reached an agreement with Montella at the end of last season. He will remain with us for many years and over the next few days it will be formally announced.”

View Comments