Serie A - Italian transfer round-up: Balzaretti's Tottenham move falls flat

Roma's Federico Balzaretti will not be heading to Tottenham in exchange for Benoit Assou-Ekotto, reports La Gazzetta dello Sport.

FootballItalia
Serie A - Italian transfer round-up: Balzaretti's Tottenham move falls flat
.

View photo

Italy defender Federico Balzaretti

The two clubs have been in talks over Erik Lamela’s imminent move to London, but they also discussed swapping left-backs.

However, the proposed switch collapsed because the Cameroon international told club officials he wished to remain with Spurs.

Balzaretti, 31, only joined the capital club last season from Palermo. He appeared in 27 League games for the Giallorossi.

Galatasaray officials have touched down in Rome in a bid to agree terms with Lazio regarding Burak Yilmaz’s proposed move to the capital club.

The Biancocelesti are understood to have made a €9.5m (£8.1m) offer, plus bonuses, for the Turkish international striker.

The 28-year-old is looking for a new club only a year after he joined Galatasaray in a €5m (£4.3m) deal from Trabzonspor.

Galatasaray sporting director Bulent Tulun landed at Fiumicino airport this morning and he is now in discussions with Lazio.

Reports from Turkey suggest they want as much as €18m (£15.4m) for a player who scored 34 goals last season in all competitions.

Milan have accepted defeat in their pursuit of Adem Ljajic after he agreed to join Roma from Fiorentina.

The Rossoneri did make a bid for the Serbian youngster who had less than a year left on his contract in Tuscany, but he’s been sold to the capital club instead.

“There are no hard feelings or any controversy,” Galliani stated to TMW on Wednesday. “There is not too much to say about it to be honest.

“The simple truth is that Fiorentina decided to consider an offer from another club and not our bid. That’s what happens in the transfer market.”

The forward, still just 21, arrived in Rome this morning ahead of his medical with the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

Milan could now make a move to sign Juventus forward Alessandro Matri if they qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

The Diavolo take on PSV tonight at San Siro in their preliminary round tie. The first leg ended 1-1 in Holland last week.

“Will Matri be cheering us on tonight? I hope so,” Galliani responded. “As he grew up in our youth system.”

The representative of Gokhan Inler has shot down suggestions that the Napoli midfielder could be heading to Russia.

“I was called by a number of agents yesterday,” Dino Lamberti told Radio CRC on Wednesday. “But I didn’t even listen to what they said.

“I don’t know if there has been an official offer made, but I would be mad to take him to Russia because Napoli are an excellent side.

“Also, new Napoli boss Rafael Benitez wanted to sign Inler while he was still in charge of Liverpool…”

The Swiss international joined the Azzurri from Udinese in the summer of 2011. The 29-year-old has scored six goals in 68 League games since his arrival.

CSKA Moscow are apparently ready to make a €15m bid for the ex-Basel, Aarau and Zurich player.

Cagliari have insisted Davide Astori and Radja Nainggolan will not be leaving the club before the transfer window closes.

The players have admirers in Italy and abroad, but the Sardinian outfit have underlined it is now too close to the transfer deadline to be selling either of the duo.

“The window is about to close and I’m not even considering Saturday and Sunday as workable days,” sporting director Nicola Salerno told Sport Italia.

“Therefore the situation is already pretty well defined and we don’t intend to let go of anybody. There are no negotiations going on at this time.”

Centre-back Astori has been linked with Napoli, Milan and Roma, while there were rumours Juventus had re-ignited their interest in the midfielder.

“There is no offer from Roma for Astori,” Salerno added.

“Juventus did make an enquiry about Nainggolan earlier this summer and there was the chance that he could be included in a deal for Nicola Leali.

“However, Leali didn’t arrive as we decided to keep Michael Agazzi and therefore Nainggolan stays here with us too.”

Rodrigo Taddei has reportedly rejected a transfer offer from Livorno in favour of remaining at Roma.

The versatile midfielder had caught the attention of the Amaranto, but the 33-year-old was not interested in such an option.

Taddei, signed in the summer of 2005 from Siena, is now in the last year of his contract with the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

Taddei was used as an 83rd minute substitute by new boss Rudi Garcia in Sunday’s 2-0 win at Livorno.

The Brazilian appeared in just four Serie A games and two Coppa Italia matches last season for the Italian capital side.

Lyon look to have beaten Bologna to Fenerbahce winger Milos Krasic, reports in the Turkish press have suggested.

The Rossoblu have been heavily linked with the former Juventus man during this transfer window.

But Tumspor have claimed that the Ligue 1 club have agreed terms with the Serbian wide-man – offering him around €2.3m (£2m) per season.

Read the original article on FootballItalia

View Comments (1)
Write for Yahoo Sport