Serie A - Italian transfer round-up: Milan eye Hernandez

Tuttosport have claimed that Milan will look to Palermo's Abel Hernandez if they can't sign Adem Ljajic.

FootballItalia
Serie A - Gattuso: Hernandez's training is unacceptable
.

View photo

Confederations Cup 2013 Uruguay Abel Hernandez

Reports in recent weeks have suggested that the Rossoneri will bid for the Fiorentina playmaker as a replacement for Robinho, who looks increasingly likely to join Santos.

But the Turin-based newspaper has insisted that Massimiliano Allegri's men could turn to the Rosanero forward if negotiations break down with the Tuscan club.

Hernandez joined the Sicilian side in 2009 from Penarol and has so far scored 17 League goals for the Renzo Barbera team.

New Palermo Coach Gennaro Gattuso has admitted that Hernandez could leave if a suitable offer came in.

“Hernandez is a great striker,” he told fans during a question and answer session on Twitter.

“But if an offer came in we would have to consider it.

“But I hope next season he can play for us.

“Serie B is a very tough championship and teams will want to do their best against us.”

The Gazzetta dello Sport have claimed that Lazio may consider selling Hernanes to Paris Saint-Germain in order to bolster their squad.

President Claudio Lotito has repeatedly insisted that the Brazilian playmaker is not for sale, but that hasn’t stopped the Milan-based newspaper reporting that the capital club would listen to offers for their star man.

The Ligue 1 champions are said to be extremely interested in the 28-year-old, and could be willing to match the Biancocelesti’s €35m asking-price.

Coach Vladimir Petkovic is keen to bring in some new additions this summer in order to challenge for a Champions League place, but that will only happen if money can come in through sales.

The speculation surrounding Radja Nainggolan's future looks set to end, with reports claiming that the Cagliari midfielder will join Inter.

The Gazzetta dello Sport have revealed today that the Belgium international met with Nerazzurri technical director Marco Branca in Sardinia on Sunday to negotiate a deal.

The Milan-based newspaper believe that the San Siro side have come to an agreement with the 25-year-old and will pay him €5m per season, plus bonuses.

Walter Mazzarri's men will offer Cagliari €8m for Nainggolan, plus co-ownership deals for Samuele Longo and Alfred Duncan.

Malaga midfielder Eliseu has been offered to Serie A club Genoa, according to Italian newspaper Secolo XIX.

The Portuguese still has a year left on his contract at La Rosaleda and will be permitted to talk to other clubs next January.

However, the Costa del Sol outfit are looking to avoid him leaving on a free transfer next summer and, despite reported interest from Benfica over the past 12 months, have informed Genoa that Eliseu will be allowed to leave.

“It’s true. Malaga offered us Eliseu 10 days ago,” confirmed Genoa director of football Daniele Delli Carri.

Eliseu is currently with the Malaga squad in Germany as part of Los Blanquiazules pre-season preparations, where he will work less intensively than the rest of Bernd Schuster’s players as he is still troubled by a knee injury he picked up last term.

The 29-year-old recently expressed a desire to leave Malaga, claiming his heart was set on a return to his native Portugal with Benfica.

Napoli are stepping up their chase for Edinson Cavani’s replacement, targeting Eden Dzeko and Leandro Damiao.

The Uruguay international looks to be on his way to Paris Saint-Germain in a deal worth €63m, and Sport Mediaset claim that the Partenopei will look to reinvest that money in either the Manchester City or Internacional striker.

The move Dzeko is perhaps proving a little more challenging for Rafa Benitez’s men, with the Premier League team reticent to sell for under €28m.

The Brazilian goalscorer meanwhile, could leave the Porto Alegre side for €25m.

Earlier on Monday it was revealed that Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez opted for a move to Fiorentina over the Partenopei.

Chievo sporting director Giovanni Sartori has revealed that new Coach Giuseppe Sannino will make wholesale changes this summer.

The 56-year-old tactician was brought in to replace the outgoing Eugenio Corini last month, and the board member has admitted that the new boss will change the playing staff and the team's starting formation.

“Things will change,” he told reporters. “At least three of four players will come in, with special attention being put on wide men.

“Sannino has been a pleasant surprise.

“At the moment the team is shaping up in a 4-4-2 formation.”

The agent of Napoli wing-back Pablo Armero has revealed that Benfica are interested in signing his client.

The Colombia international has only been at Stadio San Paolo since January, but the 26-year-old's representative has claimed that the Portuguese side are still circling around the wide-man.

“We have been contacted by someone from Benfica,” Luciano Ramalho told A Bola. “But there have not been any negotiations.

“Pablo has just arrived in Naples so it'll be difficult for him to move.

“But the interest of a top club is still nice.”

Bologna boss Stefano Pioli believes that Alessandro Diamanti will still be at the club next season.

The attacking midfielder has been heavily linked with a move away from Stadio Renato Dall'Ara this summer, with Juventus said to be interested in his signature.

But the Rossoblu Coach has claimed that the Italy international will not be sold.

“I have never thought of Bologna with Diamanti,” he told reporters. “Alessandro will be our pillar next season.

“I am sure of that.”

View Comments