The London club, who are in the process of selling Gareth Bale to Real Madrid, have informed the capital side of their desire to sign the Argentine.
Spurs, who have also been linked with Roma’s Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, are reportedly willing to hand over €35m for the 21-year-old.
Lamela, who Tottenham director Franco Baldini knows well, joined the Italian outfit in 2011 from River Plate for around €17m.
The left-sided attacker has scored 19 goals in 62 League games for the Giallorossi since his arrival – 15 of those came during the last campaign.
Sky Sport Italia claim that Lamela’s representatives, including his father, will touch down in Italy today.
The Gazzetta dello Sport claims Sampdoria’s Sergio Romero will complete a summer move to Monaco.
The goalkeeper’s agent met with the Principality club on Thursday to discuss personal terms and a deal was basically done.
There are just a few details to iron out before the Argentine’s switch to the Ligue 1 new boys can be made official.
Romero, 26, joined Doria in the summer of 2011 from AZ Alkmaar for a fee believed to be in the region of €3.5m.
Capped by Argentina, the shot-stopper appeared in 32 Serie A games last term.
Napoli reportedly offered €6m to Estudiantes for Duvan Zapata after QPR confirmed they were pulling out of the deal.
The London club had seen their £6.4m proposal accepted by Estudiantes and the 22-year-old Colombian striker spent the last few days training with QPR.
However, Rangers manager Harry Redknapp confirmed they have abandoned the move due to issues over his work permit.
“He is a player we talked about and feel has a big future,” Redknapp told the Evening Standard.
“He could be a big star, but we’re looking at this year and a player who can come do a job and get us out of this league. He is one we’d look at in a year or two.”
According to Sky Sport Italia, Napoli have dived in with an offer worth €6m - £5.1m – and hope Estudiantes will be burned enough by the QPR collapse to accept the lower bid.
Milan won’t meet with CSKA Moscow until after August 20 to discuss a new offer for Keisuke Honda.
The Rossoneri have already agreed terms with the Japanese international to join on a free transfer in January, as his contract expires in December 2013.
Their efforts to coax CSKA into releasing him six months early have so far been fruitless, as the Russians want around €6m.
According to Sky Sport Italia, a new meeting with CSKA will not be held until after August 20.
It means there is no chance of Honda playing for Milan in the Champions League play-off against PSV Eindhoven.
It’s reported Roma made a firm step forward for Gonzalo Bueno, offering €3.5m plus performance-related bonuses.
They have been linked with the Nacional forward for several weeks, but negotiations were repeatedly put on hold.
Now that Genoa and Krasnodar are thought to be adding their interest into the mix, Sky Sport Italia claim Roma are speeding up the process.
According to transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio, the Giallorossi presented a formal offer to Nacional worth €3.5m plus bonuses.
There would be another €0.5m at the 10th appearance, then a further €0.5m at the 20th game.
It’s rumoured this proposal is identical to the one put forward by Krasnodar, but Roma hope to take advantage of Uruguay Under-20 star Bueno’s desire to play in Serie A.
Milan could find their new defender in France after Paris Saint-Germain confirmed Mamadou Sakho wishes to leave.
“It’s true, Sakho wants to find a solution and the club’s position is clear,” said PSG Coach Laurent Blanc.
“Until September 2 his situation will develop and we’ll have time to work out an agreement that suits both parties.”
The French international centre-back is out of contract in June 2014, so would be available for a cut-price deal.
It is also possible Sakho will agree to sign a contract renewal with PSG if he can be sent out on loan this season.
The 23-year-old has slipped further down the pecking order under Blanc and is eager for regular playing time in a World Cup year.
Milan are the favourites, but Fiorentina could also show an interest.
Italian media claim Roma striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is prepared to join Tottenham, but not Southampton.
The hitman is on the market after a series of clashes with club hierarchy, fans and teammates, but has so far turned down all offers.
According to Sport Mediaset, Osvaldo also rejected the most recent proposal from Southampton, whose €18m bid had satisfied Roma.
The only clubs he is willing to consider are Inter and Tottenham.
Giallorossi directors are already discussing a €35m Spurs offer for his teammate Erik Lamela, so they could well both move to White Hart Lane this summer.
Tottenham have the advantage of technical director Franco Baldini, a former head of Roma’s transfer strategy.
Inter forward Samuele Longo “wants Hellas Verona,” said his agent, but the deal is not yet done.
He spent the last six months on loan at Espanyol and had been on the verge of a similar switch to Livorno, but wanted a few days to consider his options.
“It’s not done yet. There is a dialogue in progress between Verona and Inter, but nothing has been defined yet,” agent Renzo Contratto told FCInterNews.
“We do hope that the negotiations can be concluded as soon as possible. Did I push him towards Verona? Absolutely not. I look after Longo’s interests and he wants to go to Hellas Verona.
“Livorno? As far as Samuele’s intentions are concerned, that is absolutely over now.”
Reports are emerging that Napoli have a deal for Cagliari and Italy defender Davide Astori worth €13m.
The rumour is doing the rounds at both Sky Sport Italia and Sport Mediaset on Friday evening, so is gaining credence quickly.
It’s not the first time Napoli have been interested in Astori, so would not be a surprise move, although so far Cagliari have always resisted.
The deal is thought to be worth €13m with a four-year contract for €1m per season.
Cagliari President Massimo Cellino said last week that he would only release Astori if he requested the transfer, which appears to have now happened.
Astori had also been linked with Milan, Fiorentina, Southampton and Sunderland.
There are reports Gabriel suffered a serious injury, changing Milan’s transfer strategy around goalkeepers.
The 20-year-old Brazilian had overtaken Marco Amelia as second choice behind Christian Abbiati, but he has picked up a shoulder injury.
According to Sky Sport Italia, the injury could be serious and more tests will be needed next week.
With that in mind, Milan will abandon plans to sell Amelia and consider bringing in Ferdinando Coppola as third choice.
It would be a return for Coppola, who already wore the Rossoneri jersey in 2006-07, 2010-11 and 2012-13.
The 35-year-old would be available, as he is currently out of contract.
Read the original articles on FootballItalia
- Sports & Recreation
- Pablo Daniel Osvaldo
- Mamadou Sakho