Serie A - Transfer round-up: Giovinco going nowhere

A round-up of Thursday’s Italian transfer gossip, with Juventus adamant Sebastian Giovinco is staying at the club.

FootballItalia
Serie A - Giovinco agent denies Bologna claim
.

View photo

Sebastian Giovinco (Reuters)

Juventus boss Antonio Conte will still be counting on Giovinco next season, says his representative.

“Giovinco will stay at Juventus without any shadow of a doubt,” agent Andrea D’Amico told Sky Sports Italia.

“Despite an unfortunate ending to the season, he scored 17 goals across Serie A and the Cups, winning the Scudetto.

“Conte really admires the player and considers him as a first team regular in his squad.”

The 26-year-old attacker, a product of the outfit’s youth system, returned to Turin last summer after two years at Parma.

Lazio’s sporting director Igli Tare is in talks with Anderlecht about signing Lucas Biglia this summer.

The midfielder, previously paired with Inter, is wanted by the capital club ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.

Gazzetta dello Sport claims that Tare is set to fly to Belgium to conclude a deal for the 27-year-old Argentine international.

Anderlecht’s Senegalese defender Cheikhou Kouyaté is also understood to be on the transfer radar of the Biancocelesti.

There is no truth in reports that Milan have shown an interest in Paolo De Ceglie, says the Juventus defender’s agent Carlo Pallavicino.

The left-back has been paired with a number of clubs after struggling for regular action in Turin, Milan being just one of them.

“De Ceglie to Milan is something that I have read in the newspapers, but I’ve personally been informed of nothing,” Pallavicino said.

“As a result I think it would be useless to comment any further on these unfounded rumours.”

The 26-year-old appeared in just 18 games for the Bianconeri across Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia in 2012-13.

Fiorentina have reportedly held tentative talks with Massimo Ambrosini’s representative over a possible contract offer this summer.

The midfield veteran is out of contract at the end of this month and could be on his way out of San Siro after 18 years.

The 36-year-old has reportedly had a preliminary approach this week from Fiorentina, about moving to La Viola for next term.

Vincenzo Montella’s side are looking at midfield recruitments in light of David Pizarro’s continued reported desire to leave this summer.

View Comments