With the surf barely breaking half a metre, organisers again called off the action, although it is expected to resume on Friday.
“Small surf continues today and we have called competition off for the day,” ASP international head judge Rich Porta said.
“The models are showing a swell arriving this evening and we anticipate more energy in the water for a possible recommencement tomorrow.”
When surging does commence it will be at the round two stage, with Taj Burrow of Australia (pictured) taking on local wildcard Gustavo Fernandes in the first heat.
Rio round two match-ups:
1. Taj Burrow (AUS) v Gustavo Fernandes (BRA)
2. Josh Kerr (AUS) v Messias Felix (BRA)
3. Julian Wilson (AUS) v Jack Freestone (AUS)
4. Jeremy Flores (FRA) v Ricardo dos Santos (BRA)
5. Michel Bourez (PYF) v Yadin Nicol (AUS)
6. C.J. Hobgood (USA) v Dusty Payne (HAW)
7. Adrian Buchan (AUS) v Raoni Monteiro (BRA)
8. Kai Otton (AUS) v Adam Melling (AUS)
9. Damien Hobgood (USA) v Brett Simpson (USA)
10. Travis Logie (ZAF) v Kieren Perrow (AUS)
11. Alejo Muniz (BRA) v Miguel Pupo (BRA)
12. Matt Wilkinson (AUS) v Filipe Toledo (BRA)
- Sports & Recreation