|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Li understandably emotional during as her national anthem is playing after she has been awarded with the trophy
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 6-7(0) - GAME, SET & MATCH - Li only needs one of her six match points as her length hitting once again proves too much for Schiavone, who sends a forehand long to hand Li the French Open title
- - LI NA IS THE NEW FRENCH OPEN CHAMPION!
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 6-6 (0-6) - TIE-BREAK - The smile has returned to Li's face now as she races out to a 4-0 lead with a tricky backhand drive volley winner across court that Schiavone simply cannot get to. And then she goes 5-0 up with a dipping forehand that Schiavone can only volley back into the net. Li has SIX CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS at the change of ends after Schiavone sends a forehand just long ...
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 6-6 - Li gets a late call on a cross court forehand. Schiavone is convinced the ball was out by umpire Louis Engzell is quick out of the chair and says the ball was in. That would've been set point Schiavone but instead it is game point Li. And the Chinese sixth seed does go on to hold and force the tie-break
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 6-5 - Schiavone holds to love to put all the pressure back on Li, who will have to serve to stay in the set for a second time after the change of ends, the Chinese sixth seed hitting a forehand long
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 5-5 - Li completely misses a ball as a Schiavone forehand catches the back of the tape and skids through, and a net cord a couple of points later for the Italian is enough to put off Li, who eventually hits a forehand into the net to squander a game point. But the Chinese sixth seed shows some real resistance to bounce back and hold when Schiavone sends a forehand long of the baseline
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 5-4 - Despite helping Li with a couple of forehands long, Schiavone holds when a return of serve from her opponent sails well over her head on the service line and long of the baseline. Li will have to serve to stay in this set after the change of ends
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 4-4 - BREAK - A small chink of light for Schiavone as she gets 0-30 on Li's serve for the first time. The sixth seed gets off the mark with a forehand wide down the line from Schiavone but Li hits a forehand into the net to hand Schiavone two more break back points before berrating her camp. And SCHIAVONE BREAKS BACK at the very first attempt, Li hitting a forehand well wide down the line after being pushed wide by Schiavone
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 3-4 - A huge forehand across court can only be returned wide by a diving Schiavone and it hands Li another break point. Again Schiavone saves it with a kicking first serve that Li can only return long and she goes on to hold with a forehand drive volley winner across court before jogging back to the chair
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 2-4 - Li flicks a forehand winner over the net to earn herself two game points although Schiavone denies her on the first with a dipping a backhand passing shot winner down the line. But Li gets down low to a return of serve on the baseline from Li and rattles her backhand down the line for a winner to hold. Li now just two games away from a maiden Grand Slam title
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 2-3 - A forehand passing shot down the line, followed by a forehand passing shot across court from Li put yet more pressure on the Schiavone serve as she finds herself at 30-30. A backhand drop shot from Schiavone is a bit of a desperate attempt from Schiavone and it drops short into the net to hand Li a break point. It goes begging though as Li tees it up perfectly only to hit a forehand into the net off the shorter ball. And Schiavone goes on to hold when Li hits into the net
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 1-3 - Li's first serve today is almost unanswerable as she bounces back from dropping the first point on serve to charge through a hold to 15, with the Italian really struggling to get her return in play at all
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 1-2 - A much better service hold from Schiavone as she drops just the one point with a forehand wide down the line. There is no doubt that the Italian is trying mix things up a bit now, getting much more kick on the ball and trying to hussle Li out of the points
- SCHIAVONE 4-6 0-2 - a one-two punch of a backhand down the line followed by a forehand winner down the line gets the crowd going, (no doubt who's side they are on) and Schiavone goes on to earn herself a break back point with a really sneak move into the net and a backhand stop volley winner. Li saves it with an ace down the centre of the court and she goes on to hold when Schiavone pulls the trigger on a forehand down the line (after running round the ball) only to hit wide
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 0-1 - BREAK - Li's power is proving too much for Schiavone so far today as she quickly earns herself two more break points. The first goes begging when she hits long of the baseline, as does the second. But she catches the back of the line on the third and Schiavone hits into the net to concede her serve early in this second set
- - Don't forget that you can watch this match LIVE on the Eurosport Player should this match commentary not prove enough for you. Just click here and follow the instructions to subscribe to the Player
- - SCHIAVONE 4-6 - SET - Schiavone sends a foerhand return just long and Li has a thoroughly-deserved first set after 39 minutes.
- - Schiavone literally muscles her way into the net and an off-forehand approach shot winner to level up at 15-15 but Li quickly recovers with a very confident forehand drive volley winner across court to sneak out in front again. A backhand error from Li sees Schiavone level at 30-30 but the Chinese player takes time to steady herself before taking the next point with a forehand winner across court, despite retreating and being two metres behind the baseline. It's SET POINT for Li ...
- - SCHIAVONE 4-5 - Another solid game for Schiavone as she holds to 15 with a cross court forehand winner after a solid serve down the centre of the court. Li's nerve will be tested now as she prepares to serve for the opening set after the change of ends
- - SCHIAVONE 3-5 - Schiavone is really struggling to pick up points on Li's serve so far today, the sixth seed winning 93 per cent of points behind her first serve, or to put it another way: Li has dropped just one point behind her first serve
- - SCHIAVONE 3-4 - Schiavone keeps the deficit down to just the single break with a love service hold of her own as Li gets on the wrong side of the crowd when she gets the umpire down to check a call on the sideline. The umpire confirms that ball was indeed out and Li receives a chorus of boos for her trouble!
- - SCHIAVONE 2-4 - Li backs up her break of serve with a love service hold, flicking a dismissive forehand winner over the net before going on to seal the game with a cross court forehand right on to the baseline that Schiavone can only return into the net
- - SCHIAVONE 2-3 - BREAK - Li earns herself two more break points by easily getting up to a decent drop shot from Schiavone before going on to fire a backhand winner across court on her next shot. The sixth seed fires a backhand long of the baseline to squander the first off a second serve. But Li does break at the second attempt when Schiavone hits a defensive, stretched, forehand just wide down the line
- - SCHIAVONE 2-2 - Better from Li on serve this time around as she holds to 15 with little trouble. Her cross court forehand is already causing Schiavone all kinds of issues, although the Italian has a huge forehand of her own as well as she riffles one down the line for a winner for her only point of the game
- - SCHIAVONE 2-1 - A little wry smile from Li as she wallops a forehand return of serve into the net at 15-15. She gets hold of the next one through and fires it down the line for an outright winner before Schiavone goes on to hold without the loss of another point, to sneak out in front once again
- - SCHIAVONE 1-1 - Li races out to 40-0 before slapping down a double fault. That seems to unsettle the sixth seed slightly as Schiavone comes back to take the next two points before Li can reover to hold when the Italian hits a cross court forehand into the net
- - SCHIAVONE 1-0 - The Italian is forced to get herself out of a spot of bother at 15-30 with a foray into the net, finding a backhand winner off the approach shot only for Li to put more pressure on her by earning a break point. Schiavone saves it though when Li hits a return long when the Italian goes on to hold for the opening game
- - Here we go then. Schiavone will open the match after winning the toss and opting to serve first ...
- - It's another stunning day in Paris today, with the temperature set to reach highs of about 28 degrees. The wind is relatively gusty once again but nowhere near as bad as it was two days ago for the women's semi-finals
- - Li and Schiavone are just making their way out on to the court now, receiving their bunches of flowers on the way through the tunnel before being lead out to the near-capacity crowd on Court Philippe Chatrier
- - The previous meetings between these two could not be more even with both players holding two wins apeice. Li won their first meeting way back in Sydney in 2007, Schiavone levelled up in Li's back yard in Beijing the following year, Li won again at the US Open in 2009. But perhaps, most relevantly, Schiavone won their most recent meeting, and their only clash on clay, at the French Open last year
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of the women's French Open final between defending champion Francesca Schiavone, seeded fifth, and Chinese sixth seed Li Na
|Date of Birth||23/06/1980|
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|