|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - That's it from the US Open tennis tonight. Join Eurosport UK tomorrow for live game-by-game coverage of both the women's and the men's semi-finals.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 6-3 - Nadal nets the first point, Roddick does so for the second. It's 15-15. He does so for the third. Two points from victory…and he nets the fourth! Two match points…Rafa will need that second as he hits long…no mistake as he hits his 22nd forehand winner for the match. He meets Andy Murray in the semi-finals. What a match to come.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 5-3 - Boring. Yet another routine, unbelievable passing shot from Nadal. Finally Roddick does score with a wonderful volley to take the game, leaving Nadal to serve for the set.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 5-2 - Nadal tears into his service game, winning point after point and finishing it off with another amazing forehand winner.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 4-2 - Nadal shanks a pass high and wide, but he still draws level to 30-30. Roddick rushes the net to get the advantage, and he goes on to remarkably hit his first winner of the match from the back of the court.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 4-1 - Roddick nearly manages to get the pass over the net, but he feels his leg and pulls up after the rally. Rafa aces down the middle and again puts the serve on Roddick's backhand, who can't put it back in play.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 3-1 - A perfect ace down the middle from Roddick followed by an error from the Spaniard. Nadal again hits wide and this has been the first easy hold for the American in the entire match.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 3-0 - Medical timeout as Roddick gets the trainer on to massage his thigh. You sense it's a little late.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 3-0 - Roddick's been broken six times in nine service games and this match is an inevitability. Rafa just fails to curl a forehand back in, but it won't matter. Nadal's 17th forehand winner, most of them down the line and the Spaniard takes thhe game.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 2-0 - BREAK! Roddick coming to the net basically hasn't worked at all today, but he doesn't really have any other choice. Another one creeps into the net, but he makes amends with an accomplished lunging volley the next point. But once again a volley flies into the net. One more forehand pass flies past the American for two break points…one saved…but he hits lamely long on the second to gift the break to the Spaniard.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 1-0 - Tiny signs of life from Roddick as he works three early break points! The ball skips off the line, wrong-footing Nadal for 0-40. Nadal hits a winner for the first…Roddick with an unforced error for the second…a poor poor approach shot straight at Nadal when in a dominant position and the chance is gone. But hang on! One more as a drilled forehand down the line takes the point…not taken. The chance drifts away as Nadal cleans up easily.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-1 - SET! Superb backhand pass on the stretch from Rafa, Roddick gets to it, but can't steer it back into the court. He yet again passes Roddick with unbelievable ease and he has a couple of set points…and again. The exceptional has become routine.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-1 - There is literally nothing the American can do as Nadal is hitting the lines at will. Even when Roddick plays seemingly decent shots, Nadal is replying with unerring accuracy. He takes the game to love.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-1 - BREAK! Nadal continues to astound as he zips a backhand crosscourt pass. More relentless hitting forces Roddick to slice into the net. The Spaniard continues to attack the Roddick backhand and it plays dividends. A double fault and Nadal is truly running away with this.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-1 - Roddick opens the scoring, but Nadal reels off four quick points including an ace to finish it off.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-1 - Roddick hits volley after volley back at Nadal as he tries to pass him again and again. Roddick wins the dual with a nice angled volley out wide. A bit of brilliance from Roddick as he reaches back as Nadal passes in behind him to hit a beautiful volley. An ace for good measure follows for the game.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-0 - Nadal races through his service game, finishing with a fnatcastic ace down the tee.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Roddick will need a lot more of those as he slams an ace down the tee, but whenever it goes into a rally the American is struggling. Roddick is managing to keep the rallies short though, until just now as Nadal whips an inside-out forehand winner. Deuce. Great pass, but just not enough on the volley from Roddick. There's nothing he can do as Nadal breaks him yet again.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET! A long rally is won by Roddick, but Nadal reacts with a brilliant crosscourt forehand that catches the edge of the paint. The two are trading huge forehand blows and on appeal Roddick gets the point replayed. Nadal simply whips a stunning forehand winner up the line for two set points…one goes astray as the Spaniard hits long, but he takes it at the second with a deep serve.
- - NADAL 5-2 - A few deuces later and Roddick holds to force Nadal to serve out for the set.
- - NADAL 5-1 - Nadal has Roddick sprawling around the court as he hits some huge forehands to either side of the court. The American just isn't getting enough on his volleys and Rafa again whips a forehand pass up the line. The world number two finally misses a pass, probably the easiest of the lot too. Another unforced error and it's 30-30. Great serve from Roddick..
- - NADAL 5-1 - A point apiece after trading unforced errors. Nadal goes one better by double faulting, but makes up for it with a good serve to Roddick's weaker backhand side. Roddick then hits long with a forehand and repeats the trick to hand Nadal the game. Tellingly Roddick has yet to hit a winner from the baseline.
- - NADAL 4-1 - Roddick finally gets into some form on his serve, rattling off three quick points for a 40-0 lead. Nadal frames a backhand and in lands somewhere near Eurosport UK for Roddick to get a foothold in this match.
- - NADAL 4-0 - Roddick can't pick himself up at the moment. Nadal very nearly makes a forehand shot that just no one should get even close to, but it just clips the top of the net. A poor unforced error from the Spaniard, but he makes up for it with an accurate first serve out wide. Roddick just can't get it onto the Nadal backhand, whose running around with ease onto his whip of a forehand. The double break is complete.
- - NADAL 3-0 - BREAK! An incredible backhand pass from Nadal who clips it superbly crosscourt on the stretch. He's running riot here as he racks up three break points…that is the perfect game. He passes Roddick with contemptuous ease down the line for a double break.
- - NADAL 2-0 - But Roddick's replying…he forces a couple of errors from the Spaniard and has a 0-30 lead. Roddick undercooks the following approach shot though and Nadal claws his way back into it. The American decides not to challenge a very debatable line call and Nadal can complete the break…a sliced ace out wide does complete the break.
- - NADAL 1-0 - BREAK! It's Roddick to serve and Nadal breaks immediately with ominous ease. The crowd seem a bit shocked by this start.
- - Roddick overcame a similar, if less formidable talent in David Ferrer in the previous round in four sets, so will go in to this match with some confidence. Nadal though absolutely demolished Gilles Muller in straight sets.
- - Rafa holds a 6-3 lead over the American, but on hard courts it's three matches apiece. Roddick won his one and only slam here back in 2003 so this is a match of US Open champions.
- - Hello and welcome to Eurosport UK's live game-by-game coverage of this US Open quarter-final match between world number two and defending champion Rafael Nadal and home favourite Andy Roddick.
|Date of Birth||30/08/1982|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|