|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Thanks for joining us tonight. There's still the small matter of Serena Williams against Caroline Wozniacki to come... Follow that one here
- - Nadal simply too good for Murray. As the Spaniard says himself, he played his best match of the tournament out there tonight.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 6-2- GAME, SET & MATCH! Murray looks tired and Nadal takes full advantage, breaking the Scot's s serve once again and claiming the match! It ends with a Murray backhand drifting outside the tramlines and that's the end of his tournament! Nadal, though, progresses to a mouthwatering final against Novak Djokovic!
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 5-2 - Murray keeps reaching for his lower back but he's getting energy from the crowd, especially after the second point of the match, which he wins after a long run to reach Nadal's drop shot at the net! Nadal is too strong in the end though and he moves to within one game of the match.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 4-2 - Oh, stunning from Nadal! A whipped forehand on what appeared to be a lost point brings up a triple break points opportunity! Rafa wastes the first and Murray powers a forehand winner on the second. He seems to tweak his back in doing so but it doesn't affect his next shot, a backhand winner down the line to bring up deuce! And Murray goes on to eventually hold!
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 4-1 - Easy for Nadal as he seals his service game without too many problems and the loss of just one point. He moves to within two games of the match now and Murray needs to produce something special to keep his hopes alive now.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 3-1 - BREAK! Murray falls to 0-30 before a fantastic move to the net and a backhand volley briefly gives him hope. But a point later, Rafa brings up two break points. 'Cmon' says Murray as he saves the first with a powerful serve before he serves and volleys a winner on the second! But he soon faces another one and this time he drops it as Rafa takes charge of the fourth set!
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 2-1 - Murray produces a return right out of the top drawer as his double-handed backhand flies back past Rafa to send him on his way to pulling back to deuce from 0-40 down! More attacking tennis and he brings up break point! But he hits the net and Rafa reacts with a big 'vamos'! And the Spaniard goes on to hold.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 1-1 - Anything Nadal can do, Murray can do - he holds serve to love as his aggression once again pays off. What a day of tennis so far! It's certainly lived up to its billing of Super Saturday!
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 1-0 - Nadal bounces back with a comfortable service game which he wins to love to kick off the fourth set.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-6 - SET! Murray's back in this one! He delivers some big hitting to bring up two set points... an attempted drop shot is overcooked though and Nadal races to the net to dink back over to save the first and he also saves the second. An excellent serve out wide brings up a third chance though and this time he takes it as Nadal hits the net! Huge celebrations from Murray - he knows he's still in this one!
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-5 - BREAK! Murray breaks for a second time! What a time to do so! Are we heading for another five setter? Murray to serve for the third set...
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-4 - Murray holds to take the lead again, but crucially, he leads as we enter what a certain football manager might describe as 'squeaky bum time'.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-3 - Brilliant court coverage from Murray sees him chase down a lost ball and dink it back over the net. Nadal's first double fault of the match follows but he recovers quickly to hold serve and draw level at three games apiece.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 2-3 - A lovely jumping backhand volley at the net from a tight angle brings up game point for Murray and he goes on to hold.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 2-2 - Nadal rallies back from 0-30 down on his own serve but he sends one way long at 30-30 and Murray now has a chance for a third straight break... he doesn't take it and the chuntering to himself continues.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 1-2 - BREAK! Murray double faults at a terrible time and Nadal takes full advantage to break back and get the third set back on serve! What a shame for Murray, who worked so hard to win that break, but with Nadal you can't take anything for granted.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 0-2 - BREAK! Brilliant from Murray! He knows how to fight, this boy! He has three break points... Nadal saves the first with a brilliant serve and volley and the second thanks to a powerful serve. But on the third, and after a lengthy rally, Murray volleys in to claim a confidence-boosting break!
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 0-1 - That's much better from Murray as he holds serve to love in the opening game of this crucial third set! Just the kind of reaction he would have hoped for after the disappointment of that last set.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 - SET! Nadal booms his second ace of the match and he has three set points... Murray finds the net and that's it! Nadal leads two sets to love! And at the moment, it looks like the defending champion will have a chance to retain his title in Monday's final... unless Murray can pull something really special out of the fire.
- - NADAL 6-4 5-2 - BREAK! Oh dear, Murray is facing two break points now... he saves the first as Nadal can only return out and on the second he forces Nadal way out wide and the Spaniard can't get his return back over the net. Murray then shanks one and he shows his frustration by smashing his racquet against his foot. He saves another break point but a Nadal forehand down the line brings up another chance. He takes it!
- - NADAL 6-4 4-2 - Nadal confirms that break with as Murray struggles slightly and the world number two eases ahead in the second set. Murray's got a mountain to climb here now.
- - NADAL 6-4 3-2 - BREAK! Nadal brings up the first break point of the set but Murray deals with his confidently, volleying back across Nadal at the net to save it. A second one soon follows after Murray's 24th unforced error of the night and this time the Scot goes wide and Nadal has the break!
- - NADAL 6-4 2-2 - Murray's chuntering away to himself after every point. And it works this game as he holds serve to draw level once again.
- - NADAL 6-4 1-2 - What a brilliant recovery by Murray to seal the game! Nadal looks to have superbly lobbed him but he races back before spinning round and returning... Nadal then fires what looks to be a forehand winner but Murray responds with an amazing, stretching winner down the line!
- - NADAL 6-4 1-1 – Gutsy stuff from Murray. He seems to have improved his attitude and is keeping his head now. The Scot takes a 0-15, 30-40 and 40-adv lead but is pegged back each time. The Scot gets another chance to break but Rafa stays with Murray, and holds when forcing him into the net.
- - NADAL 6-4 0-1 – Solid opening service game to the second set for Murray. He races to 30-0 but is then on the receiving end of a Rafa pummelling – the Spaniard finally smashing away at the net. Rafa fights back to 30-30 but can only watch Murray’s forehand fly past him. A huge forehand down the line seals the game for the Brit.
- - NADAL 6-4 – Rafa races to 30-0 courtesy of a pinpoint serve out wide followed by a Murray error. The two again camp on the baseline and trade blows before the second seed crashes a backhand into the net. The Scot is then pushed further and further back by Rafa’s huge ground strokes. The defending US Open champion takes the first set point after outlasting Murray in a long rally.
- - NADAL 5-4 – Murray just doesn’t look quite on his game, and certainly not in the right frame of mind at the moment. But he’s still producing the shots as he gets to 30-15. As I say that, he nets a routine forehand. Rafa then uncharacteristically lofts a backhand return over the baseline before Murray creams a forehand down the line. Rafa will now serve for the set.
- - NADAL 5-3 – Murray produces a number of wonderful ground strokes and looks in control but Rafa, sent out wide, unleashes a 105mph winner down the line. Again the two trade rockets, but Murray’s sliced backhand drifts marginally wide. The Scot nets a return which allows Rafa to 40-0 before sending a forehand long. The Spaniard is now just one game away from taking the opening set.
- - BREAK - NADAL 4-3 – Murray serve-volleys and hits an unbelievable deep backhand volley onto the baseline, but Rafa trumps his opponent with one of the finest lobs you are likely to see. A wild backhand from the fourth seed allows Rafa to 0-30 again. Murray is constantly shouting at himself and is lacking composure. He’s soon down 15-40 but produces some ferocious ground strokes to get back to 30-40. A wild forehand gifts Nadal the break.
- - NADAL 3-3 –Rafa takes the opening point with a huge whipped forehand, but Murray fights back to 15-30 with two big shots himself. Rafa forces him into an error to draw level, but the Spaniard makes a poor error of his own, handing Murray a break point. Rafa comes roaring back though, making Murray miss with a backhand before firing down an unreturned serve. Rafa again makes another error – completely shanking a forehand. The Spaniard finally holds with an unbelievable forehand around the netpost
- - NADAL 2-3 – Unbelievable first point. They are both running all over the court and are hammering the ball back at one another. The Brit crushes one cross court that Nadal returns, but Murray charges in and swing-volleys away. A big serve takes it to 30-0, and an ace, 40-0. The World No. 4 forces Rafa long to claim his first hold to love.
- - NADAL 2-2 – Nadal approaches the net and produces a drop-shot to take the opening point. Murray then rifles a return at 101mph, but it drops just long. The two then exchange rockets from the baseline before Rafa forces the Brit to go long on a stretching forehand. A curved serve out wide proves too good for Murray, who can only net. Hold to love.
- - NADAL 1-2 – Murray’s drop shot on the opening point is poor and is punished by Rafa. The Brit then sends a backhand on the run into the net to allow Rafa a 0-30 lead for the second consecutive game. Murray produces a one-two to claw a point back and then forces Rafa into the net with a well-defended exchange. A cross court backhand winner takes Murray to 40-30 but Rafa punishes a poor second serve to get to deuce. The two have a chance to win it, but Murray finally does with some smart serves.
- - NADAL 1-1 – The Scot jumps on Nadal’s second serve and takes advantage, finally winning the point with a fine drop-volley. Murray is then put under considerable pressure and sends a forehand long. The fourth seed drills a forehand into the net when going cross-court for a winner. Rafa serve-volleys effectively to go to 40-15. Murray’s backhand then drifts wide to gift Rafa the hold.
- - NADAL 0-1 - Murray gets Rafa on the back foot straight away with some huge hitting. The Spaniard is running from right, to left and looks second-favourite to win the point. That is until Murray sends a forehand wide. Rafa rifles an inside-out forehand for a winner to lead 0-30. The second seed’s backhand then flies long before his return drops wide. An unreturned serve takes it to 40-30, and a forehand winner seals the hold. Good recovery.
- - Andy Murray will get the match under way. Here we go...
- - Nadal and Murray are just knocking up. Ashe is a little empty following that first epic semi-final between Djokovic and Federer as the fans will more than likely be taking in refreshments ahead of this match.
- - The two players are now on court. Murray is in his chair with his iPod in (of course other MP3 players are available) and Rafa is doing his usual routine; sorting his bottles and placing them in their exact positions as well as eating his energy sachet.
- - Good evening and welcome to the second men's semi-final of the 2011 US Open at Flushing Meadows, New York. Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray will fight it out for a place in Monday's final against Novak Djokovic.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|