|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-2 6-3 GAME SET AND MATCH! Federer's serve has not been threatened and nothing changes here as he aces his way two points up, watches Mannarino go long with his groundstroke aimed for the baseline and it's three match points, taken as the Frenchman nets his return. Less than an hour.
- - FEDERER 6-2 5-3 Mannarino spins one out, challenges but the call stands. 15-30 but Fed only puts the next return into the net. And Fed brings up match point with a crushing return... first serve is long... second is in and draws a teasing return - Fed oddly nets on the next shot. Deuce. Lovely pass off Fed's return and Mannarino holds with a sexy drop shot. Clap clap. Saving match point and with some panache too.
- - FEDERER 6-2 5-2 Mannarino serving to stay in the match. The furthest he has gone in an ATP tournament is the quarters at Queen's where he beat Gilles Simon and Juan Martin Del Potro but fell to unheralded Brit James Ward.
- - FEDERER 6-2 5-2 ...As highlighted when Fed kicks off with an ace and an unreachable serve. Love hold, no answer to the serve apart from the time when he was close to earning a break point earlier this set.
- - FEDERER 6-2 4-2 A good solid hold from Mannarino pleases the home fans but the result is inevitable...
- - FEDERER 6-2 4-1 Another forehand winner for Fed, his fifth so far, brings up 40-0 and he hold with a second serve that Mannarino pumps into the net. Eight points in a row for Le Fed.
- - FEDERER 6-2 3-1 BREAK! After a promising start Mannarino is starting to fade as he plays a weak, commitment-phobic short ball that drops flaccidly into the net. 0-40, and a double fault for the love break. Soft as his hands on a good day.
- - FEDERER 6-2 2-1 No problems holding again for Federer, who is enjoying himself without getting too sweaty.
- - FEDERER 6-2 1-1 Good serve from Mannarino that Federer somehow keeps in, but the Frenchman pings one into the corner and away. And another strong serve sets up the hold, which is taken with a second-serve rally that sees Fed go long with a clipped backhand drifting wide.
- - Hand injury to Mannarino that requires treatment... one of his fingers has opened up.
- - FEDERER 6-2 1-0 Another simple hold for Federer. Mannarino is like Fed-lite, he has the lovely technique and hands, and a good strong serve, while being physically decent. However he is not quite as good on all fronts and, crucially, not a patch on the Master mentally.
- - FEDERER 6-2 SET! Fed had to work for that hold, and Mannarino should have at least pushed himself up to break point. Mannarino is serving to stay in the opening set, but his first point is backhanded weakly into the net after some gliding baseline play. Fed backhands into the net but goes on to dominate the points that follow, taking the first set with a second break.
- - FEDERER 5-2 Super return from Mannarino, and then a cute backhand that foxes Fed to put the underdog 30-15 up. They slow-clap but that won't help, given how flaky he can be. He nets a forehand on the move and it's 30-30, wasn't expecting it so close to him. Fed holds as a risky lob falls in, allowing him to dictate the point - but a poor shot lays it up for Mannarino's winner but he puts it wide! That was his chance to break a legend! Fed holds withan ace.
- - FEDERER 4-2 A hold for the Frenchman, who draws rapturous applause from the home fans as he shows off his lovely technique.
- - FEDERER 4-1 Speedy hold again for Federer, the crowd are subdued - they are that partisan, even the GOAT leaves them unmoved.
- - FEDERER 3-1 BREAK! Two break points for Federer as he responds to Mannarino's skill with some wonderful sweeping backhands. Pulled back to 30-40 as Mannarino follows a clipped drop with a smash. Allez! But soft from Mannarino as he skews a gliding shot into the net. Federer draws first blood.
- - FEDERER 2-1 Another love hold for Fed as the first few games race by. For all his skill he has a monster of a serve.
- - FEDERER 1-1 Mannarino shows his superb skill to race 40-0 up, some lovely shots from the Frenchman, before he nets to give Fed a sniff. He holds though, to roars from the home support.
- - FEDERER 1-0 Federer holds as expected to start off, Mannarino not in it.
- - World number four Roger Federer is up against Adrian Mannarino now - they have only played once before, Federer winning 6-2, 6-3, 6-2 at Wimbledon this year.
|Date of Birth||29/06/1988|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|