|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Not the best Fed performance but he's through and faces Tsonga in the semis. Doha drawsheet.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 6-4 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Two match points to Federer as he drops some extra pace on his forehand to fool Seppi, who nets and looks bewildered. No challenges left but Fed doesn't need them - Seppi returns but Fed passes it into space.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 5-4 - First point on Seppi's serve goes to Fed as the Italian nets following a rally. Strong serve down the middle though, Fed netting his return. A good mix of central and wide serves helps Seppi hold, Fed has to serve for the match.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 5-3 - Ace for advantage, and Federer - after a real test from Seppi who had two break points - holds as Seppi shanks his next return into the net. Seppi serving to stay in the tournament.
- FEDERER 6-3 5-7 4-3 - Slack from Federer as he is forced on to his second serve a couple of times and Seppi responds well, pinging a return beyond him for break point! But it's level to deuce now as Seppi inexplicably backhands into the net from a decent position after controlling a second-serve rally. But another error from Federer - poor forehand into the net - gives Seppi break point again. A 'out' on a serve that looked in - Fed challenges, incorrecty. Second serve is a cracker though. Deuce
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 4-3 - A solid pair of serves to Seppi start this game well but he gets sucked into a rally by Fed's forehand, the Swiss giving him the runaround as Seppi nets to pull it back to 30-15. A big serve and a strong forehand make it 40-15 though, and he repeats the trick to hold.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 4-2 - Remember, this is LIVE on Eurosport, which means you can watch it online on the Player. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE!
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 4-2 - Fed can't afford to mess about for 15 minutes like he did in the second set, and mess about he does not as he blitzes into a 40-0 lead with a court-opening serve and volley that wrong-foots Seppi. Seppi spins his next second-serve return wide and it's a hold.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 3-2 - Hello, yes I am Reda Maher. Thanks Jon. I'll be taking you through to the end of this match, and Nadal's clash with Youzhny later. Relatively comfortable hold for Seppi, dropping just the one point.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 3-1 - Federer at the net to volley as Andreas opts to go across court rather than down the line. Another volley - an excellent soft one dropped over the net - puts Federer in charge. Seppi hits a quite remarkable backhand that fizzes down the line to the corner to pull back to 40-30, but Federer closes the game out. My colleague will take you through to the end of this match. FOLLOW @Reda_Maher ON TWITTER
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 2-1 - BREAK - A determined Federer hitting flat groundstrokes to put the pressure on Seppi. At two break points down, the Italian finds an ace up the middle - but a long backhand from him as Federer advances gives Federer the first break of set three. This match fairly ripping along.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 1-1 - But back comes the Fed Express with some of those cleverly-positioned serves. As the Eurosport commentators point out, he doesn't have to put his back into them.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 0-1 - Love game to hold from Seppi to start the third set. Is there a massive upset in the offing?
- - Seppi won eight out of nine points at the end of that second set. Key set stats (Seppi-Federer): aces 2-7; break points won 3/6-2/4; percentage of points won 55-45
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-7 - SET - Two set points for Seppi after a wicked backhand winner that grazes the netcord... and he takes his first ever set off Federer as the latter hits long!
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-6 - Similar first-serve percentages in this set, and in fact very similar stats all round. Seppi uses good footwork to edge ahead in some of them with a love service game to move within a game of the set. WATCH ON THE EUROSPORT PLAYER
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-5 - Ninth ace to go 40-15 up and a brilliant forehand winner with Seppi on the other side of the court sees Federer get into gear. I was starting to fear that he was carrying an injury.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-5 - BREAK - Three break back points for Federer as a winner up the line - called out - is successfully challenged by him! It was easily on the line. Seppi saves the first of the chances... in the next rally, Federer follows a few defensive backhands with one containing topspin - and the ball is hit back into the net. Back on serve.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-5 - Federer again blowing hot and cold. A slashed backhand winner from Seppi saves game point but Roger returns the favour on the next two points to remain in the set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-5 - BREAK - Federer back to basics to earn a pair of break points. He loves to toy with inferior opponents, but sometimes he needs to just hit the ball across the net. The second of them is converted as Seppi fails to do just that.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-5 - BREAK - Federer on the ropes! Seppi challenges a Federer ace but it caught the outside corner. Unlucky with that one - it gives the Swiss 30-30. At advantage up the Italian seals the break by wrongfooting Fed with a backhand from mid-court.
- - Federer hasn't lost before the semi-finals in his last five attempts at this tournament - winning the title in 2005, 2006 and 2011. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @jonathansymcox
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-4 - That elegant backhand of Federer's is letting him down on relatively straightforward chances. Into the net again to go three games down in this second set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-3 - Federer goes two break points down but rescues the situation with some attacking tennis at the net. A serve and volley puts him advantage up but he hits just long to go back to deuce... when he gets his next game point, an ace right on the line seals the hold. That would have given Seppi a great chance of a first set against the former world No.1.
- - FEDERER 6-3 0-3 - The Seppi resurgence gathers pace, despite an awesome winner scooped out down low by The Swiss. The Italian confident to serve and attack the returns.
- - FEDERER 6-3 0-2 - BREAK - Seppi takes three break points with some excellent returning but Federer slams down a couple of brilliant serves to get back in the game... however when the following return comes back, he can only find the net.
- - FEDERER 6-3 0-1 - Seppi holds the first game of the second set. He has won five matches against top-10 opponents, but his overall record against them (5-40) is less impressive.
- - KEY FIRST SET STATS (Seppi-Federer): aces 3-6; first serve percentage 64-79; break points won 1/1-2/3
- - FEDERER 6-3 - SET - More top serving from Federer as he earns three set points - plus a stunning winner to the corner. And when the first of them is returned into the net, Federer has that set in the bag.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - Sarky backhand volley from Federer but it is not enough as Seppi takes the hold from 40-30 up, finding some accurate groundstrokes.
- - There are the usual red and white Swiss suspects in the crowd in support of perhaps the greatest tennis player the world has ever seen. And Mirka, of course. WATCH ON THE EUROSPORT PLAYER
- - FEDERER 5-2 - Roger has won his last 64 matches in a row against players ranked outside the top 20 - Seppi is No.38. And a comfortable hold sets him on the way to 65, his clever serving to push Seppi wide doing the job.
- - FEDERER 4-2 - BREAK - After dropping his first service game in the tournament, Federer refinds his range and races to 0-40 up as Seppi's newfound belief wavers. No winners needed as Federer just keeps the ball in play with lots of spin.
- - Drop me a line on Twitter with your thoughts on the match. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @jonathansymcox
- - FEDERER 3-2 - BREAK - Federer stalls somewhat on serve, with a couple of unforced errors from the baseline and an obvious double fault to give Seppi the break back.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - More of a fight in this game from Seppi, who seals the hold as Federer hits long. The Swiss returned a couple of serves into the net.
- - FEDERER 3-0 - Seppi already scrambling futilely behind the baseline as Federer secures a love game. Three games up in six minutes...
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK - Bright start from the Fed Express, despite one lax forehand into the net. A brilliant forehand winner up the line for 40-15 then dismissive backhand from close in to end the game thrill the crowd.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer, yet to be broken in Doha this year, sends down four excellent first serves out of five to claim the opening hold with ease.
- - Federer to serve first.
- - Seppi is, however, yet to drop a set here in wins against Lukasz Kubot and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. /// materpointeR: "C'mon Roger.lets make it 20"
- - The Eurosport commentators have already made reference to the new Mission Impossible film... WATCH ON EUROSPORT PLAYER
- - Ramos was the only unseeded player in today's quarter-finals. Seppi is the eighth seed and has a perfect, er, losing record against the Swiss Master (0-7) - and has lost all 15 sets against him.
- - Next up for the winner is a place in the last four opposite third seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who has just beaten Albert Ramos 6-2 6-1. Federer, the second seed in 2012, beat Tsonga in the semis last year. ATP DOHA DRAWSHEET
- - In the last 16, Federer extended his unbeaten record to 19 matches by overcoming Grega Zemlja 6-2 6-3 in Qatar. FEDERER EXTENDS UNBEATEN RUN
- - Roger Federer continues his season-opening tournament in Doha with a quarter-final against Andreas Seppi.
|Date of Birth||21/02/1984|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|