|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up Nadal plays one of Monfils or Troicki in the semis. I won't be covering that match alas, but you can follow the scoring (which is working just fine after yesterday's blip). Thanks and goodnight, you can follow me on Twitter
- - NADAL 6-4 GAME SET AND MATCH! A wonderful forehand pass and it's break point Youzhny again! But he nets a return for deuce. Massive serve for match point Nadal! Right in the corner, the Russian smacking it off court. Then a big serve draws a mighty return, they trade blows but Nadal rushes the net and volleys clear! He wins a very entertaining match, great tennis from both lads.
- - NADAL 5-4 But Nadal calmly buries a smash after his power forehand leaves Youzhny sliding wide. 30-40. And he levels to deuce with a 1990s-style serve-and-volley. Cool it Sampras. A glorious rally follows, so much variation from both men and Youzhny wins it with a killer backhand into the corner! Break point! On second serve now and a rally ensues... Youzhny almost wins it but an inch long! This is an epic game.
- - NADAL 5-4 Youzhny continues his good form in the past few minutes with an agressive return and follow-up, the crowd cheering as he takes the first point. And another error and Rafa is in trouble! But more aggressive now and Youzhny ends up hitting long in a panic. A nervy rally follows and Nadal nets! Two break points Youzhny!! Susan - maybe I will have to eat my own words!
- - NADAL 5-4 Youzhny starts off with a dominant rally, winning it as he smashes into space. He repeats the trick on the next point and, even though he'll probably lose, this has been a very decent performance from a former world number eight. More good shots from Youzhny as Nadal eventually springs one long, and the Russian holds as Nadal returns too wide. Nadal has to serve for the match.
- - NADAL 5-3 Rafa uses his wide serve to great effect, winning three out of four points to go 40-15 up. And he holds with ease leaving Youzhny to serve to stay in the tournament.
- - As they change ends, remember you can follow me - Reda Maher - on Twitter @Reda_Maher; you can also watch this on the Eurosport Player IF YOU SUBSCRIBE HERE!
- - NADAL 4-3 Youzhny has re-found his mojo and wins his seventh of the last nine points with a swashbuckling net approach and backhand. He holds to 15 as Nadal spanks his second-serve return to Dubai.
- - NADAL 4-2 BREAK BACK! Brilliant clipped backhand that drops just over the net from Youzhny to go 30-15 up. And now Nadal misses his shot on a rally and it's two break points!! The second time he's had one or more this match... first serve is out... the second draws a rally and after umpteen shots Youzhny takes charge and smacks one wide that Nadal can only skew out! Break!
- - NADAL 4-1 BREAK! Brilliant from Nadal, dominating with his powerful forehand and Youzhny doesn't get a sniff! This is magical from the Spaniard, surely he's won now.
- - NADAL 3-1 Rafa has turned it on now, responding to some good play from Youzhny with some of his own best tennis. Barbaric hitting puts him 30-0 up but he gets a touch over-excited and just overhits a dipping forehand wide. But Youzhny fights back to deuce as Nadal just misses what should have been an ace, a DF. Youzhny then with a poor shot, has to go down as an unforced error, and Nadal holds with a glorious curling forehand down the line.
- - NADAL 2-1 BREAK! Two break points for Nadal after a cracking double-handed forehand, disguised as a cross-court but sent spinning down the line. And he takes them as a staggering Youzhny nets, unable to live with Nadal's power.
- - NADAL 1-1 Nadal holds off deuce with a pair of brutal serves. That was Youzhny's first break point today, and he did nothing wrong just could not live with Nadal when he got angry; in green, like the hulk, you won't like him when he's angry.
- - NADAL 0-1 Brilliant shot from Youzhny off the inside corner after a wonderful backhand from Nadal on the move. 15-30... level though as Nadal's serve out wide starts Youzhny on a wild goose chase before the Spaniard nails one into space. But break point Youzhny after a stupendous rally is won with a violent backhand that leaves Nadal in a spin - he makes it but the Russian kills the volley. Great shots from both men on the next rally but Nadal pumps his fist as he wins it with a vicious drive.
- - NADAL 0-1 Youzhny lets out a roar as he works hard to hold at the start of the second set, doing so with a gruelling rally that he slowly takes charge of before pinging a low forehand wide of Nadal.
- - Remember - you can watch this on Eurosport and the Player. SUBSCRIBE HERE!
- - NADAL 6-4 SET! Youzhny wins the first point with a super return but loses a gruelling rally as he nets his backhand. Nadal now has set point after a flamboyant and well-placed backhand volley... Taken with an old-school wide serve and volley.
- - NADAL 5-4 Youzhny serving to stay in the set. He starts well too, killing a few big serves. Savage return from Nadal brings it to 15-30. Then he bosses a rally and kicks one wide of Youzhny and off the line. Lovely shot. Next though Nadal spoons one long. Great serve Youzhny, holding and forcing Rafa to serve for the net. 16-2 in Nadal's favour re: winners.
- - NADAL 5-3 A double fault from Nadal to start this game off. A swashbuckling rally sees the unfortunate Youzhny slip at the baseline as Nadal buries a forehand. Nadal changes the pace on his serve to win the next two points to hold.
- - NADAL 4-3 A solid service game from the Russian as he keeps Nadal honest. Some good rallies in there too, making for a longish match so far.
- - NADAL 4-2 A lengthy rally sees a patient Youzhny move 30-0. Then Nadal kisses the line with a beauty but Youzhny challenges... overruled and Nadal goes on to hold with a booming forehand into the corner.
- - NADAL 3-2 BREAK! A wonderful shot from deep by Nadal on the move, spinning it around Youzhny and off the baseline. The Russian challenges but it's 30-0! Then Youzhny with a mistake, going an inch long with a forehand, and it's three break points to Nadal... Taken as Youzhny backhands weakly after a good saving shot from Nadal in the corner!
- - NADAL 2-2 Nadal's forehand is too strong for Youzhny, who battles gamely to make the shots but inevitably is pushed wide on too many occasions, either netting or sliding it out. Then a wicked pass from Nadal after what was good shot-making from the Russian, who is deceived by the pace. A love hold in the end.
- - NADAL 1-2 Advantage Youzhny now as Nadal slightly overhits a very difficult backhand half-volley across the net. Youzhny holds with an ace. Entertaining stuff, the Russian saving a third break point this match.
- - NADAL 1-1 Another good start to a game for Nadal as he moves 30-0 up with a crushing forehand down the line and just inside the corner. Nadal goes long next though, too much on his backhand. A superb rally is won by Nadal after 22 shots, deuce now. With Nadal at break point he is unfortunate to lose another rally that sees Youzhny give him the runaround but Nadal respond with some superb shots on the move, finally netting after being caught by the lob.
- - NADAL 1-1 Not quite a flawless service game from Nadal but certainly quicker than Youzhny's as he controls all but one of the points from deep to hold to 15.
- - NADAL 0-1 Advantage Youzhny now as Nadal can't touch his serve, and the Russian takes what was an unlikely hold as another unforced error from the Spaniard sees him net with a bog-standard backhand. Lost two break points there/
- - NADAL 0-0 Another of these rallies sees an error from Nadal as he spins one wide, but next up Nadal draws Youzhny to the net and crushes a forehand that the Russian stumbles into and pings long. Two break points, the first eaten back by a patient Youzhny who keeps it simple and works hard before Nadal finally skids and nets. The second break point is eaten too as Youzhny on second serve is drawn into a rally only for Nadal to pump it long.
- - NADAL 0-0 The match gets underway with Youzhny on serve. Nadal bullies the first two points off him as the Russian sits far too deep on rallies the Spaniard will always dominate.
- - I'm Reda Maher, normally one of your football regulars but enjoying the tennis for a couple of days. You can follow me on Twitter
- - HEAD TO HEAD: These lads have played each other 12 times, Nadal winning eight and Youzhny a more than respectable four. The Russian's last win came in 2008 though, and Nadal has won six of the last seven.
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of Rafa Nadal's ATP Doha quarter-final clash against Mikhail Youzhny. You can watch this on Eurosport, which you can also watch online by susbcribing to the Player. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE!
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|