|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6-2 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! The first point of this game is not the time to serve up a double fault... Istomin does though. He then finds the net and follows that with a weak volley at the net as Tsonga brings up three match points. Tsonga wins it at the first time of asking! Cue that trademark celebration and the number six seed is through in four sets! He now plays Ricardo Mello of Brazil. Full men's draw
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6-2 6-5 - An incredible rally, in which Tsonga benefits from a net cord, closes this game to send the crowd on Margaret Court Arena into raptures! Istomin to serve to stay in the match!
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6-2 5-5 - Tsonga loses his cool and shouts (in French) for the crowd to shut up as someone calls out during the point. As the Frenchman's frustration increases, so does Istomin's confidence. He's back in this one!
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6-2 5-4 - BREAK - Is Tsonga messing this up? He double faults on his way to facing two break points. On the first one, a super Istomin forehand forces him to volley into the net and we're back on serve in the fourth set!
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6-2 5-3 - This point just about sums up the way things are going at the moment - Istomin looks to have it wrapped up but Tsonga's athleticism proves to great and two great reaches later he eventually lobs the Uzbek, who fails to return it. Tsonga goes on to bring up two match points but credit to Istomin, he saves them both and then goes on to hold. Nevertheless, Tsonga will now serve for the match.
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6-2 5-2 - Tsonga is pumped now! He dives low down to his left and somehow manages to not only reach the ball but also get it over the net and in! Another game goes the Frenchman's way, and he's just one away from the match now.
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6-2 4-2 - BREAK - A brilliant point from Tsonga as he chases one wide before firing it back past Istomin on the reach brings up three break points. Istomin then produces a double fault to Tsonga the game and the Frenchman has one foot in the second round now!
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6 4-2 6-2 - Tsonga's lasting power appears to be coming to the fore now as the Frenchman powers to the third set and a 2-1 lead over Istomin.
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6 4-2 - Tsonga consolidates that break and the Frenchman is just a game away from the third set - and a further set away from a second-round meeting with Brazil's Ricardo Mello. Full men's draw
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6 4-2 - BREAK - Tsonga pulls off a miracle shot as he somehow reaches the ball at the net and manages to dink it up and over Istomin, who can't get it back! He goes on to win the game and register what could be a crucial break this set!
- - "Didn't think it was possible, but Adidas has successfully transformed Tsonga into a Popsicle" says Amer Delic on Twitter.
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-6 - SET - Istomin hits back and claims the second set. The Uzbek really shouldn't be taken lightly - he comes here off the back of a quarter-final appearance in Brisbane and the semis in Sydney. Tsonga has a fight on his hands here!
- - TSONGA 6-4 - SET - Tsonga closes out the set, although the Frenchman has what he might describe as a contretemps with the umpire at the break. He's unhappy about something. But he ends the discussion with a smile and all's okay.
- - TSONGA 5-4 - Tsonga chooses a great moment to break for the first time this match! The 2008 finalist delights the crowd as he takes a narrow lead and he will now serve for the first set!
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Already this one looks like it's going to be a lengthy affair as Istomin looks to improve on last year's first-round defeat to Jan Hernych.
- - There's a crowd forming on Margaret Court Arena, anticipating the arrivals of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Denis Istomin. That should be a cracker and we'll be covering it later on tonight.
|Date of Birth||07/09/1986|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|