|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Murray seals victory with a glorious angled backhand winner cross-court! Comfortable enough for the Scot and he marches into the third round, where he meets Michael Llodra.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 5-4 - Murray confirms that break and while Roger-Vasselin holds his serve at the next time of asking, the Scot will now serve for the match.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 4-3 - BREAK - Murray races to 30-0 on Roger-Vasselin's serve, starting with a shot from the finest of angles which runs almost down the length of the net. He then brings up two break points, the first of which is saved. But on the second Murray cracks a winning return back past Roger-Vasselin. 'Yes' is the cry from the Scot and he breaks for the first time this set!
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 3-3 - Roger-Vasselin has lost in qualifying at Melbourne the last three years but he seems to have found his service game here, at the very least.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 2-2 - It's still on serve in the third as Roger-Vasselin continues to hold his own now he's found his feet. That opening stanza really set the Frenchman back.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 1-1 - Roger-Vasselin brings up break point but Murray seems to take umbrage from the slight. He fires down a big serve and with the point won, he lets out a big 'c'mon'! The Brit then throws down his fifth ace of this game to hold.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 0-1 - Roger-Vasselin gets back on track with a held service game as the third set gets under way.
- - Greg Rusedski: "Murray really improving in all areas thanks to Lendl . Tactically,mentally and technically better, on fh and serve.Respect for Ivan makes it"
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 - SET - For the first time Murray's serve is threatened but the Scot plays an intelligent point, waiting for his opponent to make a mistake during a baseline rally. And then he holds serve and claims the second set. A place in the third round is nearing...
- - MURRAY 6-1 5-4 - Roger-Vasselin is actually playing really well in this set - much better than the last. Yet he's still down, despite holding again here.
- - MURRAY 6-1 5-3 - Murray edges to within a game of the second set with another held service game.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-3 - Murray is the architect of his own downfall this game as he looks to generate some raw power on his shots, but with Roger-Vasselin on the verge of sealing the game, the Brit is a bit too enthusiastic and he sends one long.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-2 - Murray just doesn't look like losing a service game tonight. He comes into this encounter on the back of a six-match winning streak.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-2 - Roger-Vasselin whips a forehand winner past Murray to save break point and when Murray appears to hit one out moments later, the Frenchman looks to have won the game. But Murray challenges and it proves a good one - if by the finest of margins. Roger-Vasselin recovers though and he eventually holds - much to Murray's annoyance.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-1 - Another rapid service game from Murray includes a great recovery and improvised shot and there's not a great deal Roger-Vasselin has in his locker that can combat the Scot at the moment.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-1 - BREAK - Murray's cruising here. He breaks again and it could get ugly for the Frenchman.
- - MURRAY 6-1 1-1 - It's telling that Roger-Vasselin had to bust a gut to hold his serve a game earlier, whereas Murray breezes through his service game, which he wins to love in double-quick time.
- - MURRAY 6-1 0-1 - Roger-Vasselin gets the upper hand in a lengthy game of numerous deuces. The French veteran deserves to get on the board after putting in so much.
- - MURRAY 6-1 - SET - But when given the ball in his hand, there's no stopping Murray and he serves to seal the first set, which he takes in hugely convincing fashion. Muzza has lost in the second round of a Grand Slam just once - back in 2005 at the US Open when he fell to Arnaud Clement as a qualifier.
- - MURRAY 5-1 - Finally Roger-Vasselin gets on the board and that will undoubtedly do him the world of good. At least he's not facing a bagel.
- - MURRAY 5-0 - Just 16 minutes gone and Murray is on the brink of the first set. Imperious stuff from Murray so far - as it should be. Roger-Vasselin is ranked 101 in the world and on paper this clash is a big mis-match.
- - MURRAY 4-0 - BREAK - Nearly half the court is in shadow now - it's just gone 5pm local time - as Roger-Vasselin continues to look a little stiff. Unless the Frenchman relaxes he stands to get blown away today. Murray, on the other hand, looks at ease with his game and he registers a second break to move four ahead.
- - MURRAY 3-0 - Make that three-love to Murray, who is yet to do anything spectacular, but is doing the basics very well. This is a much better start to the match than during his first round clash with Ryan Harrison, when he dropped the first set 6-4. You can watch for yourself on the Eurosport Player. Just sign up here
- - MURRAY 2-0 - BREAK - The world number four draws first blood as he breaks Roger-Vasselin at the first time of asking! Murray remains the only British man in the Open Era to reach three Grand Slam finals.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray makes no mistake in his first service game as he eases into this one against a player who has only reached the third round of a Grand Slam twice before - at the French in 2007 and Wimbledon the same year.
- - MURRAY 0-0 - Murray to serve first as the Scot looks to continue his push for a first ever Grand Slam title. Here we go!
- - Andy Murray is up next on Hisense, the last Brit remaining meeting Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin, who could prove to be a slippery customer.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||28/11/1983|