|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Murray 6-3 4-6 6-4 - At 30-15 Berrer's return is wayward, and it's the same on the fifth point of the match as Murray wins! The world number four scrapes through, but perhaps it's the wake-up call he needs to kickstart his season.
- - Berrer 6-3 4-6 4-4 - BREAK! Excellent return from Murray and it gives him two break points to boot! He hits the first one into the net, but Berrer pulls the second wide and Murray can serve for the match!
- - Murray 6-3 4-6 4-4 - Similar story for Murray, who rockets up to 40-0 before holing to 15. Both men seem to be conserving their energy as we enter a crical stage in the match.
- - Berrer 6-3 4-6 3-4 - The German gives the best performance on his serve to get to 40-0. Murray pulls back a point but Berrer wraps up the game.
- - Murray 6-3 4-6 3-3 - Murray's strong defence fromt he baseline forces the error from Berrer and puts him 30-15 up. The German levels the game, but Murray then hammers an ace past him. The third seed then clips a shot off the net cord and out for deuce. He finally holds with two well played points in which he dominates the middle of the court, but he still looks frustrated with himself that this match is still going on.
- - Berrer 6-3 4-6 2-3 - Great rally from both players that ges all around the court, and it ends with Murray failing to lift over the net from an acute angle! That puts Berrer 40-15 up, and he claims the first hold of serve for five games with an ace!
- - Murray 6-3 4-6 2-2 - BREAK! Murray goes from 15-0 up to 15-40 down thanks to two double faults and a two-hander into the net. He then hits long for Berrer to break back yet again!
- - Berrer 6-3 4-6 2-1 - BREAK! Berrer aces for 15-15, but then Murray plays a awkward shot into his feet that he can't lift back over the net. Murray claims two break points. Berrer defends the first but he then shanks a forehand long and Murray breaks again!
- - Murray 6-3 4-6 1-1 - BREAK! Berrer now making his moves on the Murray serve. The Briton hits a loose shot into the net. A gruelling baseline exchange goes Berrer's way and he has two break points. Again Berrer outlasts him in the rally and the German gets the instant break back!
- - Berrer 6-3 4-6 - BREAK! Great response from Murray, who races up to 15-40, but his attempted winner on the first break point is hit long. The second is put into the net by Berrer, and Murray starts the final set in the best possible manner.
- - That's the first time in three matches between these two that Berrer has taken a set off Murray, and it's hard to say he doesn't deserve it.
- - Murray 6-3 4-6 - SET! An indecisive Murray backhand from the baseline floats out of court and Berrer has two set points! Murray defends the first one but is caught on the back foot on the second and hits into the net!
- - Berrer 6-3 4-5 - Murray tries a swinging forehand winner down the line but it's out, putting him 30-0 down. A well-executed drop shot gets him on the board in this game, and a correct challenge on a Berrer winner draws him level. He hooks a two-handed return down the line, but the break point goes begging. Berrer goes on to hold.
- - Murray 6-3 4-4 - Berrer flicks a classy backhand from the baseline past Murray for 15-30. Another at the net gives the German two break points! The first is returned long, as is the second, and Murray goes on to hold! He just got out of jail there!
- - Some bad news for Brits as Anne Keothavong has just been knocked out in the first round at WTA Kuala Lumpur after a 6-4 7-5 defeat to Su-Wei Hsieh. WTA Kuala Lumpur report
- - Berrer 6-3 3-4 - Murray kicks his racquet in frustration as he lets a long rally at the start of the game get away from him, and then he hits a two-hander wide. He pulls it back to 30-30 with a forehand winner on the run. Berrer cancels out Murray's break point with a solid backhand, and he goes on to hold.
- - Murray 6-3 3-3 - BREAK! Berrer battles his way to 30-30 on the Murray serve. The world number four lets Berrer back up to deuce after hitting the net during a rather regulation baseline rally. Wonderful forehand winner from Berrer which is whipped right under the advancing Murray's nose! A drop shot at the net from the Briton is too casual and it hits the net! Berrer with the instant reply!
- - Berrer 6-3 3-2 - BREAK! Berrer's heroic defence at the net is all for nothing as Murray casually plays a winner into the empty court. Murray outlasts Berrer int he rally and getsto 0-40, but then overhits on the next point. On the next point Murray keeps his cool again and finishes past Berrer for the break!
- - Murray 6-3 2-2 - Berrer leaves it until the last nanosecond to challenge a Murray shot at 30-0, but it was in. Murray then aces his opponent to level the set up.
- - The winner of this match will play either Nikolay Davydenko or Marco Chiudinelli in the second round. Switzerland's Chiudinelli has just won the first set against the former world number three 6-4. ATP Dubai drawsheet
- - Berrer 6-3 1-2 - At 0-30 down, Murray hooks a shot wide. The German aces to hold and regain the lead in the second set.
- - Murray 6-3 1-1 - Great technique from Murray as he hits the ball early on the bounce and flicks it over the net at an acute angle that catches Berrer totally off guard. He goes on to hold with the minimum of fuss.
- - Berrer 6-3 0-1 - Berrer comes flying out of the blocks and gets to 40-0. Murray denies him a love service game with a neat forehand winner from the baseline. A backhand from the Briton keeps him in the game, and then he gets to deuce. Berrer picks up the intensity and hustles Murray into hitting long.
- - Murray 6-3 - SET! Berrer gets a fortunate clip off the net cord but can only slice his attempted winner wide. Murray has the sun in his eyes but still smashes a volley past Berrer for 30-15, then hits another ace past the German for two set points. He only needs one as Berrer blocks a winner but can't guide it back over the net!
- - Berrer 5-3 - Murray skews a backhanded return into the net and Berrer is 40-0 to the good. He then drills Murray's return out of his reach to make his opponent serve for the set.
- - Murray 5-2 - Murray soaks up plenty of pressure from Berrer before dispatching past him for 30-0. An ace and a crisp forehand winner see Murray hold and go to within a game of taking the set.
- - Berrer 4-2 - BREAK! Cool and calm from Berrer with a drop shot at the net for 15-15, but he then shoots wide on the next point. A lovely cross-court return from Murray gives the German no chance... Berrer pulls a forehand wide and Murray has the break!
- - Murray 3-2 - Murray too heavy with a backhand at the net for 15-30. Berrer eans another two break points. The first is aced by Murray before he reacts quickly to a drop shot to hit is past Berrer. Murray gets advantage before Berrer fires wide with a backhand for his opponent to hold.
- - Berrer 2-2 - Berrer gets to 40-15 on his serve but Murray brings himself back into it with a nonchalantly flicked backhand volley. A solid return is enough to see Berrer hit the net. A baseline rally at deuce goes Berrer's way before Murray returns long to level the set again.
- - Murray 2-1 - Another service game not going to plan. Murray hits a two-hander past Berrer, who is attacking the net whenever he can, for 30-30. The Briton manages to hold after Berrer unsuccessfully challenges the game-winning point.
- - Berrer 1-1 - BREAK! The German opens his own serve with a double fault. He levels up but Murray hammers a two-hander past him at the net. Murray challenges a call of ace from the umpire, but gets it wrong. Berrer then volleys into the net and the rally of the match so far ends with a lob from Murray that earns him the break back!
- - Murray 0-1 - BREAK! Murray hits long on his first point but levels with an ace. Berrer then beats him with a backhand return before earning an early break point. Two shots into the net bring up deuce, though. Murray has to save another break point but some aggression at the net sees Berrer convert at the third time of asking!
- - Murray will open serve...
- - Two minutes to go until the match starts. On Twitter, Christine Matthews (@chrissieanne) is already predicting another year of alternating between building Murray up and knocking him down in the British media: "Can we have a season where we just let Andy get on with it?" - If only. Share your thoughts with me on Twitter @tony_mabert.
- - The two players have just taken to the court and are warming up. Not that they'll need to much; it's 14:00 local time and 21 degrees Celcius in the UAE right now.
- - VIDEO: Novak Djokovic looks forward to defending his ATP Dubai title this week in what will be his first tournament since the Australian Open, while Murray also says he is determined to get his season off and running... Djokovic and Murray in Dubai
- - But for now we will concentrate on Murray. Let me know your thoughts during the match on Twitter @tony_mabert.
- - Later today we will also be bringing you coverage of second seed Roger Federer's first-round match against Michael Llodra. In all there are six of the world's top eight players in attendance in Dubai, so it could be quite a week.
- - It's now a full month since Murray lost that five-set epic to Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of the Australian Open. Djokovic has won the title in Dubai for the past three years, and got his campaign underway on Monday with a 6-4 6-2 victory over Cedrik-Marcel Stebe. Match report: Djokovic returns with Dubai victory
- - If Murray wins in Dubai this week he will take his career earnings past the $20 million mark. Our Tramlines tennis blog takes a look at where he stands in the all-time money list of the sport and what significance it holds. Andy Murray: The $20million man
- - Head-to-head: Britain's Murray is currently ranked fourth in the world, with Germany's Berrer 116th. They have met each other twice before, both last year. Murray, 24, is yet to drop a set to his 31-year-old counterpart having beaten him 6-2 6-3 6-2 on the clay of Roland Garros and 6-4 6-2 en route to winning his first ATP Bangkok title on hardcourt. ATP rankings
- - The winner of this match will face either Nikolay Davydenko or Marco Chiudinelli in the second round in the UAE. Dubai drawsheet
- - Welcome to Eurosport's live coverage of the first round match at ATP Dubai between Andy Murray and Michael Berrer!
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||01/07/1980|