|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 6-3 - After a thrilling rally, Sharapova's lob drops long and Azarenka is the winner at Indian Wells! That's the world number one's 23rd win in a row! Amazing stuff!
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 5-3 - Sharapova keeps trying to force Azarenka into a corner but can't. The Russian hammers home a rare short return, but Azarenka wins the next point. sharapova skews another forehand into the air and Azarenka has two championship points...
- - AZARENKA 6-2 5-3 - Another show of grit and determination from Azarenka as she dominates at the net to go 30-15 up. Sharapova is forced wide and hits into the net, and then azarenka hits home to go one game away from her first Indian Wells title!
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 4-3 - An uneven service game from Sahrapova, and she spurns to chance to end it with another loose forehand. At deuce, she pulls out a quality winner with a forehand across court, only to hit way long on the next point. This time she musters two good points in a row and holds serve!
- - AZARENKA 6-2 4-2 - BREAK! Sharapova fights her way to 15-30, and then to a break point. A stunning two-handed winner down the line from nowhere gets her the break!
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 4-1 - BREAK! Great repsonse from Azarenka, who earns another two break points before Sharapova hits wide! sharapova must be wondering what she has to do to get back into this match!
- - AZARENKA 6-2 3-1 - BREAK! Azarenka is looking every inch the world number one at the moment. Sharapova is not letting her spirit drop, but she is still struggling to find anyway past her opponent. A first double-fault of the match for Azarenka makes the game interesting at 40-30, and an unsuccessful challenge from her brings us up to deuce! Azarenka hits long for a break point to Sharapova, and the Russian drills a shot home for the break!
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! Another double-fault from Sharapova puts her 15-30 down. The Russian challenges a wide call but loses, and Azarenka has two more break points. She only needs one, dominating a rally before dispatching a forehand downt he line!
- - AZARENKA 6-2 2-0 - Sharapova skews a forehand long from the baseline, but responds with a hard return that Azarenka hits into the net. The Belarusian responds with more intense pressure, and it pays off with three more errors from Sharapova allowing her to hold.
- - Sharapova hit 16 unforced errors during the first set.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Sharapova hits a forehand long and once again she is 0-30 down. Azarenka then lets out a yelp - as opposed to the grunts from both players with every hit - as she hits the net. Sharapova smells blood and hammers a great forerhand home. Azarenka responds with a similar shot, but a solid two-hander brings sharpova up to deuce. Soon enough, it's advantage Azarenka, and Sharapova hits wide to start the second set the way she started the first!
- - Great stuff from Azarenka in that first set. she only conceded four points on her own serve.
- - AZARENKA 6-2 - SET! A fist pump and a "Come on!" from Azarenka as she hits her first ace of the match past Sharapova for 40-0. Sharapova hits back with a winner, but then returns long on the next point and Azarenka takes the first set!
- - SHARAPOVA 5-2 - BREAK! A terrible two-handed shank into the crowd from Sharapova puts Azarenka 0-30 up. The Russian hits the net for 15-40 and Azarenka smashes home for her second break of the set!
- - AZARENKA 4-2 -At 15-15 Azarenka bullies Sharapova before wrongfooting her really smartly. some more of the same sees the Belarusian hold to 15.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-2 - Sharapova whips a forehand right across court, forcing Azarenka to tee her up for a winner. The world number one then returns long for 30-0 before being pulled wide for Sharapova to finish into the unguarded court. Azarenka fights back, passing her opponent at the net, Sharapova hits wide for 40-30 and long for deuce! some power on a forehand and then an ace finally see her hold.
- - AZARENKA 3-1 - Solid service game from Azarenka, helped by a cople of wayward Sharapova returns, sees the Belarusian hold to love and restore her two-game lead.
- - SHARAPOVA 2-1 - Sharapova hits into the net for 15-15, and again for 15-30. A double-fault gives Azarenka two break points. The first one is defended with an outstanding forehand to the corner, and the second with an ace! Azarenka pegs her opponent back to deuce, and then an excellent return forces the error for another shot at the break. Sharapova doggedly defends this one, and then a slice of luck with the net cord is followed by another ace to get her on the board!
- - AZARENKA 2-0 - Great response from Sharapova, whose great returns help her get to 0-30 herself. She then dollies one up for Azarenka to hammer home at the net before the world number one levels. Another long rally ends with Azarenka hitting the net, but Sharapova then hits long. She challenges, but Hawkeye shows it was out. two errors from the Russian see Azarenka relieved to hold.
- - SHARAPOVA 1-0 - BREAK! Azarenka wins the toss but lets sharapova serve first. A long forehand from the Russian puts her 0-30 down. The world number one earns three break points with a winner at the net. she hits into the net from the baseline on the first, Sharapova smashes home on the second but on the third Sharapova hits wide on her second serve!
- - Both players are warmed up and almost ready to go. We'll be underway shortly. You can share your thoughts with me during the match via Twitter @tony_mabert. Ready... Play!
- - As mentioned before, this match pits world number one azarenka against world number two Sharapova. even if Azarenka loses this match, her status at the top of the rankings is not under threat. WTA world rankings
- - Sharapova has had a bit of a rest after Ana Ivanovic retired in the second set of their semi. The russian has also eliminated Maria Kirilenko, Roberta Vinci, Simona Halep, and Gisela Dulko en route to the final. WTA Indian Wells drawsheet
- - Azarenka reached the final after beating Angelique Kerber 6-4 6-3, having dispatched Agnieszka Radwanska, Julia Goerges and Svetlana Kuznetsova in previous rounds.
- - You can watch this match live on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD, or on your PC via the Eurosport Player. Subsribe here!
- - HEAD TO HEAD: Azarenka leads 4-3, most recently winning their Australian Open final in sensational fashion, 6-3 6-0. The Belarusian has won their last three on hard court.
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of both Indian Wells finals, kicking off with the women as the world's top two players - Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova - do battle once more. All set to start at 6pm, rain permitting.
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|