|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SIMON 6-4 6-4 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Gilles Simon wins through to the last 16 with a consummate straight-sets victory over Stanislas Wawrinka, and he serves out for the match at the second time of asking! Next up for Simon will be either Ryan Harrison or Guillermo Garcia-Lopez... men's drawsheet
- - SIMON 6-4 5-4 - Wawrinka consolidates his break of serve with a comfortable hold, and the deficit is just one game now. Crucially, however, Simon can still serve out for victory at the second time of asking.
- - SIMON 6-4 5-3 - BREAK! Wawrinka is battling exceptionally hard to get back into this, and he breaks serve to reduce the deficit, and he is almost back on terms in this second set now. Can Simon close the match out at the next opportunity?
- - SIMON 6-4 5-2 - Wawrinka forces his way back into the set slightly with a fine service hold, and Simon is now clearly conserving his energy for serving for the match.
- - SIMON 6-4 5-1 - Wawrinka appears to have lost his composure now as Simon consolidates his second break of serve with a flurry of fine groundstrokes, and he moves to within a game of taking the match!
- - SIMON 6-4 4-1 - BREAK! Simon is running away with this match now, and he seals a second break of serve as he pounds two enormous forehand winners with Wawrinka utterly shell-shocked. It seems Simon can do little wrong in this match as he goes three games clear.
- - SIMON 6-4 3-1 - Simon restores his two-game cushion with another solid hold, and Wawrinka will need to improve significantly if he is to force his way back into this set. The Frenchman looks very secure on serve.
- - SIMON 6-4 2-1 - Wawrinka holds serve at the second time of asking as he picks out the line on serve on two occasions to leave Simon no chance of a successful return. Can the Swiss force his way back into the set?
- - SIMON 6-4 2-0 - Simon has little problem serving out for the game to consolidate his break of serve, and Wawrinka finds himself behind in this second set with little chance of a recovery if it continues in this manner.
- - SIMON 6-4 1-0 - BREAK! Simon immediately seizes the initiative at the start of this second set, and he breaks Wawrinka with a gutsy display of counter-punching, taking the game to deuce before finding two powerful forehands to close it out!
- - SIMON 6-4 - SET! The 13th seed closes out the opening set with an unerring service hold, and Wawrinka is unable to trouble his opponent as he fires two returns long, striving to find a winner. Simon has the ascendancy - can Wawrinka respond?
- - SIMON 5-4 - BREAK! Simon stamps his authority on the match with a clinical break as Wawrinka wavers slightly on serve, and the suddenly the Frenchman has a chance to serve out for the set!
- - SIMON 4-4 - Simon powers two consecutive forehand winners down the line as Wawrinka advances in court, and the Frenchman holds serve comfortably to ensure that he levels at 4-4. It's still all to play for in this opening set!
- - SIMON 3-4 - Wawrinka will not be dictated to as he moves Simon around the court with some intelligent play from the back of the court, and he holds serve to 15 with relative ease.
- - SIMON 3-3 - Simon holds firm, firing two forehands cross court and pegging Wawrinka back behind the baseline. Wawrinka battles hard to make sure that he remains in contention, but he cannot break serve.
- - SIMON 2-3 - Wawrinka is untroubled as he holds serve with consummate ease, and the Swiss finds two big serves before dictating two rallies as Simon is unable to get a foothold in the match.
- - SIMON 2-2 - Wawrinka slams a forehand down the line, and the Swiss gives Simon a real scare, but the Frenchman holds firm and closes out the game with a blistering backhand after a long rally to hold.
- - SIMON 1-2 - The match gets more competitive as Simon and Wawrinka trade blows from the back of the court, but the Swiss manages to close out the game comfortably with two powerful forehands.
- - SIMON 1-1 - Simon settles very quickly on serve and finds three precise first deliveries to ensure that he holds serve and levels at 1-1 in this opening set. Wawrinka battles hard, but is unable to make an impact.
- - SIMON 0-1 - Wawrinka takes the opening game of the match without any problems whatsoever, and Simon is rather sloppy as he gives his opponent an easy start with two unforced errors.
- - Next up on Stadium 2 we will have Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland taking on 13th seed Gilles Simon of France.
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|