No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Tsonga wins through to the last 16 with an emphatic showing in the third set, and he serves out for victory comfortably with Stepanek unable to respond! Janko Tipsarevic or David Nalbandian will await Tsonga in the last 16. Men's drawsheet in full
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Tsonga moves to within a game of the match now as he breaks for a second successive time, and Stepanek has all but given up on this match now!
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 4-2 - Tsonga consolidates his break of serve with a string of fine first deliveries, and the Frenchman looks to be steaming towards taking this match now with the advantage!
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 3-2 - BREAK! Tsonga breaks serve as he seizes the initiative in this final set, and Stepanek will now need to find something special to force his way back into it.
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 2-2 - Tsonga is proving very difficult to break for Stepanek, and he finds the line with two superb first serves as the Frenchman finds his groove and levels the scores.
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 1-2 - Stepanek twice moves in court to serve and volley, and the Czech player is thriving on this opportunity to upset Tsonga, who has the pressure on his shoulders.
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 1-1 - Tsonga levels at 1-1 as Stepanek goes wide with a forehand at 30-30, and he is left to rue a missed opportunity. The Frenchman is very determined now having lost the opener.
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 0-1 - Stepanek moves in front at the start of the third set, finding a good rhythm on serve and pushing the ball outwide to keep Tsonga stretching off court.
- - TSONGA 6-7 6-3 - SET! Tsonga takes the second set with ease as he slams a ferocious forehand down the line to close out his final service game, and the Frenchman levels up this match in style!
- - TSONGA 6-7 5-3 - BREAK! This could be crucial: Tsonga obliterates a weak few serves from Stepanek, and he breaks serve to stamp his authority on the match! Can he now serve out?
- - TSONGA 6-7 4-3 - Tsonga keeps his nose in front with a belligerent string of groundstrokes from the back of the court, and he is simply looking to play his own game now and ignore Stepanek's tactics.
- - TSONGA 6-7 3-3 - Stepanek fires two rasping forehands down the line as Tsonga looks to upset his rhythm, and the Czech is unwavering as he holds serve and levels again.
- - TSONGA 6-7 3-2 - Tsonga delivers a thunderous serve down the T, and Stepanek shrugs his shoulders and laughs at that! The Frenchman holds with ease, and he stays ahead in the set.
- - TSONGA 6-7 2-2 - Stepanek levels again at 2-2 in this second set, and Tsonga is really struggling to exert his authority in the match with the Czech battling exceptionally hard.
- - TSONGA 6-7 2-1 - Tsonga keeps his nose in front with two classy volleys after deciding to mix up his approach a lot more, and he backs up his serve by moving in court at every opportunity as he holds.
- - TSONGA 6-7 1-1 - Stepanek is very pumped out, and he clenches his fist and shouts with delight as he levels this second set up at 1-1 with a flurry of fine groundstrokes, keeping Tsonga guessing with guile and intelligence.
- - TSONGA 6-7 1-0 - Tsonga gets off to a very confident start in this second set, holding serve with relative ease and looking to have the determination and resolve required after a sluggish breaker.
- - TSONGA 6-7 - SET! Stepanek is incredibly fired up as he storms through the breaker in electrifying fashion, taking it 7-2 with some sparkling tennis! The Czech takes it with consummate ease, and Tsonga is left furious with himself for that effort.
- - TSONGA 6-6 - It's never in doubt as Tsonga hits three brilliant first serves to ensure that he takes this opening set into a tie-break! The crowd are really into this match on Stadium 2, and it's packed out as the breaker gets underway...
- - TSONGA 5-6 - Stepanek will not be dictated to in this set, and he moves Tsonga around the court very intelligently to make his mark once more and hold serve. Can Tsonga take it into a breaker?
- - TSONGA 5-5 - Tsonga levels at 5-5 with minimal fuss and the utmost efficiency as he crushes a forehand down the line and finds a huge serve to close out the game with ease.
- - TSONGA 4-5 - Again, Stepanek allows Tsonga no opportunity to break, finding three precise first serves and moving in court to negate the Frenchman's powerful game from the back of the court.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Stepanek attempts to make an impact on Tsonga's serve by moving in court with sliced approach shots, but the Frenchman simply has too much power and class and holds with ease.
- - TSONGA 3-4 - To Stepanek's credit, although Tsonga is generally dominating the play, he continues to win important points on his serve, and he holds once more to remain ahead at 4-3 up.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Tsonga is encountering few problems on his serve as he pushes Stepanek back behind the baseline, ensuring his opponent cannot attack his delivery. It's nip and tuck on Stadium 2.
- - TSONGA 2-3 - Stepanek moves in court to twice thump half-volleys down the line as Tsonga looks to dominate on his opponent's serve, and it proves effective as he holds serve.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - Tsonga is ensuring that his opponent does not find any joy on his serve as the Frenchman blasts two aces down the T and powers a forehand down the line to close out the hold.
- - TSONGA 1-2 - Stepanek finds a couple of big first serves as he keeps his nose in front at the start of this opening set, and Tsonga is restricted to two forehand passes down the line.
- - TSONGA 1-1 - Tsonga is unerring as he swaggers through his opening service game in imperious fashion. The Frenchman battles hard to ensure that Stepanek is not afforded a glimmer of an opportunity.
- - TSONGA 0-1 - Stepanek gets off to a solid start as he fires two big serves outwide, and he holds comfortably as Tsonga is confined to one big forehand down the line.
- - TSONGA 0-0 - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is about to get underway in his match against Radek Stepanek on Stadium 2, and we will be following that match too.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||27/11/1978|