|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- FEDERER 7-6(8) 6-3 - Isner hits the net again, and Roger Federer wins his fourth Indian Wells title! Reaching this final shows just how far isner has progressed, but Federer's 39th win from his last 41 matches proves he is getting back to his best!
- - ISNER 7-6(8) 5-3 - Isner hammers an elementary forehand into the net as Federer goes 15-30 to the good. Isner then times his run to the net will and hits a forehand behind Federer. The American can't dig out a shot to his feet and hits the net again, giving Federer his first match point...
- - FEDERER 7-6(8) 5-3 - At 40-0 up, Federer drops his first point on serve of the set, but then recovers to ace and hold. Isner is now serving to stay in the final.
- - ISNER 7-6(8) 4-3 - BREAK! A move tot he net doesn;t pay off for Isner as Federer strikes back past him. That's his 14th forehand winner of the match, compared to Isner's four. Federer than passes a perfect backhand down the line for two break points, but he only needs one as Isner bocks into the net for the first break of the final!
- - FEDERER 7-6(8) 3-3 - Ace after ace for Federer before he strikes a diagonal forehand right to the corner to hold!
- - ISNER 7-6(8) 2-3 - Isner looks on curse for a love hold of his own, but his is rooted to the spot as Federer slices a sublime drop shot. He then holds on the next point requiring just his serve, mind.
- - FEDERER 7-6(8) 2-2 - Really aggressive from Federer, seemingly trying to make every shot a winner. His reward is yet another love service game.
- - ISNER 7-6(8) 1-2 - Isner's two-hander doesn't make it past Federer, but he remains at the net to win the point with a block forehand. Federer fights back and goes 15-30 up, but he can;t return Isner's next serve. A long rally goes Isner's way after the ball clips the net cord, and the American goes on to hold.
- - FEDERER 7-6(8) 1-1 - Another love service game from Federer. Not much else to add, really!
- - ISNER 7-6(8) 0-1 - No signs of Isner breaking following that gruelling tie break loss. He must have gone through more tie breaks than most other players on the circuit.
- - FEDERER 7-6(8) - SET! Federer serves and volleys to end a very tense tie break and take a one-set lead!
TB - Boom! A 133mph serve from Isner is too hot for Federer, but a cracking return on Isner's second serve gives Federer the chance to serve for the set... He backhands into the net! They change ends at 6-6, and Federer gets things back on serve. The swiss has the chance to take th set, but hits his forehand just out of court. Isner then leaves a backhand but it drops on the line! Federer to serve for the set...
TB - The first four points all go with serve, but then Isner gets a mini-break! He begins serving at 3-2 up, but loses the first point and his subsequent challenge. Federer looks like pulling away, but double-faults on his first service point to make it 4-4! Isner returns intot he net, and we are back on serve now.
- - ISNER 6-6 - Maybe not! Federer is such a master at stepping up a gear at just the right time, and he goes into a 0-30 lead. Isner hits a full-blooded winner of his own before Federer hits long. He hammers down a serve that Federer can't return, but then hits long for deuce. Federer defends Isner's advantage with a well-timed attack at the net. Isner then does the same, cancellingout Federer's break point with a stunning serve. Federer hits long and then returns wide and we'll have a tie break!
- - FEDERER 6-5 - Federer hammers a forehand down the line for another hold to love for the world number three. two of the previous three meetings betweent hese two men have seen a tie break. Think we're headed there again now.
- - ISNER 5-5 - A stunning, direct rocket of an ace from Isner for 40-0. Federer is fooled by the slice and hits into the net. We could be going to a breaker here.
- - FEDERER 5-4 - Isner returns long for 30-0. Federer aces and then adjusts his feet quickly to hammer a forehand back past Isner and keep this set going with serve.
- - ISNER 4-4 - Both men have won more than 90% of their first serves so far. Isner again calls the shots from the baseline and goes on to hold quite comfortably.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - A perfect service game from Federer, holding to love as both men complete what is almost a second warm-up!
- - ISNER 3-3 - Isner outlasts Federer in the rally to go 30-0 up. The big american holds comfortably.
- - Some 12 minutes after the last game finished, the players take to the court once again. Isner to serve...
- - Balboys and girls are now out, towelling down the court. Federer is up on his feet, making sure his muscles don't stiffen up. His experience in this kind of situation is another advantage he has over Isner.
- - Ben Stiller and wife Christine Taylor are two of the fans in the crowd taking cover from the rain. The two players also have umbrellas held over them as they sit courtside.
- - There are just a few spots of rain coming down now. The umpire is taking a look at the surface, and announces that they will be a short delay. The players are staying out for the moment. Plenty of umbrellas going up in the crowd.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - Lovely, fluid forehand from Federer for 15-15. Federer drops the ball just over the net before Isner hits out twice for the world number three to hold.
- - ISNER 2-2 - Wonderful from Federer, who hooks the ball back over the net and Isner can't reach it! The Swiss isn't good enough to return the next serve though. At 30-30 Isner dictates the play and fires out of Federer's reach, and then the Swiss hits the net for the American to hold.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - A poor drop shot from Federer fails to make it over the net. He responds with a serve that Isner cannot return, but follows that with a flicked backhand that goes wide and then hits a forehand long to give Isner two break points. Isner hits the net on the first and floats a backhand slice wide for deuce. Federer defends another break point with a forehand smash. He then holds his nerve in these swirling winds to hold his serve under considerable pressure.
- - ISNER 1-1 - A double fault from Isner puts him 0-30 down. He responds with the first of what will probably be many aces. He battles to 30-30 before Federer's attempted lob drops behind the baseline. Isner hammers in a serve that Federer can't return and holds.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - A typically classy opening service game from Federer, with some serve and volley and an ace thrown in as he holds to love.
- - Federer is gunning for his fourth Indian Wells title after beating Rafa Nadal 6-3 6-4. The Swiss will serve first in this match... Federer outclasses Nadal in California
- - Isner made his first ever Masters final by beating world number one Novak Djokovic 7-6 3-6 7-6 in the semi-final. The big American also eliminated Gilles Simon, Matthew Ebden, Juan Monaco and Frederico Gil to set up this clash. Isner blasts past Djokovic into final
- - Earlier on Sunday, Victoria Azarenka claimed her first WTA Indian Wells title with a dominant 6-2 6-3 win over Maria Sharapova. Match report: Azarenka storms to Indian Wells title
- - Worth noting that this is big Isner's first Masters Series final, at the age of 26. He's ranked 11th in the world now, improving as he gets older.
- - HEAD TO HEAD: Closer than you'd imagine, with Federer leading 2-1. Isner has the recent edge too, a four-set Davis Cup win in their World Group 1st-round clash earlier this year. That was on clay though. The first time they played, at the US Open, Federer dropped the first set but won.
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the men's final at Indian Wells, with an imperious Roger Federer in some of his best form but facing underdog John Isner, the big-hitting American who turfed out world number one Novak Djokovic in the semis. Set to start around 8pm, but with rain and the women's final it may be a touch later.
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|