|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-3 6-2 - NADAL WINS THROUGH! The second seed wins through in incredibly comfortable fashion, taking a straight-sets victory in just 1 hour 16 minutes on Stadium 1! The Spaniard salutes the crowd after closing it out with a big first serve, and next up for him will be a quarter-final clash with David Nalbandian! He was barely tested today in truth. Men's drawsheet
- - NADAL 6-3 5-2 - Dolgopolov, to his credit, reduces the deficit with a gutsy hold, and the Ukrainian at least forces Nadal to serve out for this match...
- - NADAL 6-3 5-1 - Nadal again consolidates comfortably, and he encounters no problems on serve as Dolgopolov is found wanting on return. Nadal is just one game away from victory now.
- - NADAL 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! It's one-way traffic now on Stadium 1 as Dolgopolov fails again to hold serve, and Nadal is utterly ruthless as he opens up a big cushion in this second set!
- - NADAL 6-3 3-1 - Nadal consolidates with a comfortable hold, and the second seed moves along without any hitches towards the quarter-finals!
- - NADAL 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! Nadal breaks serve at the second attempt in this set, and Dolgopolov simply lacks sufficient firepower as the second seed stamps his authority on proceedings once more!
- - NADAL 6-3 1-1 - The second seed is irrepressible as he finds three big serves to begin the game, and he is thriving and looks untouchable on his serve.
- - NADAL 6-3 0-1 - Dolgopolov opens up with a solid hold at the start of the second set, and Nadal is unable to force an early break this time around.
- - NADAL 6-3 - SET! Nadal takes the opening set with consummate ease, and he closes it out with a string of fine groundstrokes as Dolgopolov struggles in vain to provide a challenge.
- - NADAL 5-3 - Dolgopolov is beginning to gain confidence in this match as he reduces the deficit once more with a string of fine groundstrokes to hold serve.
- - NADAL 5-2 - The second seed stretches his lead in this opening set, moving to within a game of taking it with a flurry of powerful, clinical groundstrokes from the back of the court.
- - NADAL 4-2 - Dolgopolov is pushed to deuce once more as Nadal refuses to give him even a single cheap point, and the Ukrainian is forced to find two inspired backhand winners to close out the game!
- - NADAL 4-1 - Nadal again holds serve with consummate ease, and Dolgopolov, for all his invention and guile, lacks the power to challenge his opponent's delivery.
- - NADAL 3-1 - Dolgopolov belatedly gets on the board after being dictated to at the start of this opening set, and he clenches is fist with relief as the crowd cheer him!
- - NADAL 3-0 - Nadal consolidates his early break of serve with an unwavering hold of his own, and he finds the line with two blistering forehands!
- - NADAL 2-0 - BREAK! What a scintillating start this is from Nadal, who opens up a cushion at the start of this opening set with Dolgopolov unable to match his opponent's intensity as he is broken!
- - NADAL 1-0 - Rafael Nadal begins with a very comfortable hold to 15, and Dolgopolov is only able to scrap around at the back of the court helplessly.
- - NADAL 0-0 - Rafael Nadal gets his fourth-round match underway against Alexandr Dolgopolov on Stadium 1...
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|