|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 6-4 - Verdasco opens the game with a beautiful backhand winner but it's too little too late as Almagro seals a thoroughly deserved win after Verdasco hammers a forehand into the net. A break in each set was enough to defeat a below par Verdasco.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 5-4 - Verdasco produces a competent service game but Almagro will now serve for the match.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 5-3 - All very easy for Almagro who, despite playing very well today, has not been tested by a moody Verdasco on Grandstand. Almagro wins with a love service game and is just one game away from a fourth round clash with Mardy Fish.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 4-3 - Verdasco shows some spirit to fight back from 15-30 down to lead 40-30. He's pegged back to deuce but serves an ace to keep Almagro's advantage to a single break.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 4-2 - Verdasco produces some lovely shot-making to take a point off Almagro in that game. But he needs more than an isolated flash of brilliance to turn the tide in this one. Almagro takes it - Verdasco is tormenting himself.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 3-2 - Verdasco shows signs that he may actually be interested in winning this match, conceding just one point as he holds service to close the gap to a single game. But Almagro still has that break under his belt.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 3-1 - Almagro is all over this. Another love service game sees him consolidate his break a few minutes ago, and he leads his compatriot by a set and a break.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 2-1 - BREAK - You get the feeling there won't be many breaks in this game and, so far, Almagro has them both. Verdasco double faults and is looking a little sorry for himself at the moment.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 1-1 - But Almagro has looked solid today and hits back with an easy hold of his own.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 0-1 - That's more like it from Verdasco. A love service game will give the Spaniard a timely boost at the start of this second set.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 - Verdasco is just not himself today. He fires a backhand into the net to bring up a double set point for Almagro, who takes it at the first time of asking when Verdasco's backhand drifts into the tramlines.
- - ALMAGRO 5-3 - Verdasco produces some fluid play for the first time in the match, but Almagro now serves for the first set.
- - ALMAGRO 5-2 - Verdasco misses the chance to break straight back, spurning two break points. Almagro hangs in there and forces Verdasco to go long to hand Almagro a healthy 5-2 lead in the first set.
- - ALMAGRO 4-2 - Almagro earns two break points and takes the second of them when Verdasco's forehand drifts into the tramlines. Advantage Almagro.
- - ALMAGRO 3-2 - Almagro takes his third service game comfortably and we remain on serve in this first set.
- - ALMAGRO 2-2 - Almagro pushes Verdasco to 30-30 but Verdasco hangs on to hold service. Verdasco not looking all too convincing in the early stages though.
- - ALMAGRO 2-1 - All very dossile here as Almagro takes the third game of the match without much resistance from Verdasco. Infact, Verdasco has already made six unforced errors, to Almagro's one.
- - ALMAGRO 1-1 - Verdasco holds but he's made to work for it by a hard-working Almagro. We're on serve.
- - ALMAGRO 1-0 - A gentle start on Grandstand as Almagro clinches the first game of the match with a routine hold of serve.
- - Nicolas Almagro and Fernando Verdasco are on court for their contest and are about to kick off their warm-up. Who will come out on top in that one? Let me know on Twitter
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|
|Date of Birth||15/11/1983|