|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 6-2 6-4 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! What a victory for Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who breaks a weary Philipp Kohlschreiber's serve in ruthless fashion to secure his progression through to the third round in Monte Carlo! It's his 27th birthday too, so happy birthday, Jo! Tsonga will next take on either Spain’s Fernando Verdasco or Ivan Dodig of Croatia in the third round after a solid start to his clay-court campaign. Men's drawsheet
- - TSONGA 6-2 5-4 - Tsonga moves to within a game of the match as he puts enormous pressure straight back on his opponent, and he holds serve after another tough game. Can he break and close out the match?
- - TSONGA 6-2 4-4 - Kohlschreiber simply refuses to concede any ground in this second set as he powers a forehand down the line and follows that up with a volley in court as he mixes up his approach. Tsonga is being really tested in this second set.
- - TSONGA 6-2 4-3 - Tsonga continues to hold serve comfortably and pile the pressure on his opponent, and the Frenchman finds the baseline with a stunning forehand winner as he moves to within two games of the third round!
- - TSONGA 6-2 3-3 - Kohlschreiber's resolve is admirable as he levels at 3-3 with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and the German is thriving as he looks to disrupt Tsonga's rhythm in this second set from 3-3. It's very finely poised!
- - TSONGA 6-2 3-2 - Tsonga keeps his nose in front with another confident and unerring service hold. Kohlschreiber rather understandably shrugs his shoulders in the direction of his coach after seeing another game slip by.
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-2 - Kohlschreiber clenches his fist in delight as he slams a forehand down the line and pegs Tsonga firmly back behind the baseline as he holds to 30. This is much better from the German, but can he sustain this level?
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-1 - Tsonga continues to lead from the front, and his seemingly impenetrable serve continues to keep him ticking along nicely with Kohlschreiber unable to make any impact. The German needs to find something on the Frenchman's delivery.
- - TSONGA 6-2 1-1 - Kohlschreiber moves to 40-30 with a forehand down the line, but Tsonga produces a quite breathtaking forehand down the line himself to take the game to deuce! Kohlschreiber eventually comes through after deuce in dogged fashion to hold.
- - TSONGA 6-2 1-0 - Tsonga holds serve comfortably as he establishes himself at the start of this second set, and Kohlschreiber will have to really settle quickly on his serve now.
- - TSONGA 6-2 - SET! It has not been pretty, nor has it been convincing, but Tsonga takes the opening set with a break at the business end before serving with unwavering accuracy to ensure that he takes control of this match without Kohlschreiber doing much wrong.
- - TSONGA 5-2 - Tsonga consolidates his break of serve with a dogged hold once more, and he now moves to within a game of the opening set! The Frenchman is closing in on this first set in clinical fashion after early struggles.
- - TSONGA 4-2 - BREAK! Kohlschreiber finds himself under enormous pressure at 0-40 down, but he serves the first break point with a deft drop shot which leaves Tsonga helpless. The Frenchman will not be denied his break, however, and he slams a forehand down the line to close it out!
- - TSONGA 3-2 - This game is considerably easier for Tsonga, who is not forced to deuce by his opponent and he is afforded a fairly comfortable hold. The Frenchman is beginning to find a better rhythm on his serve now.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - Kohlschreiber holds his composure and finds the energy to complete a very fine service game after that epic effort on Tsonga's delivery, and he levels at 2-2. Tsonga is far from dominating the early stages of this match.
- - TSONGA 2-1 - It's a seemingly interminable game as Tsonga eventually holds after an extended deuce, and the Frenchman finds two big first serves to eventually close it out under real pressure! Kohlschreiber is very despondent not to get any reward from that effort.
- - TSONGA 1-1 - Kohlschreiber gets on the board from the outset with a comfortable hold, and he fires two blistering forehand winners to ensure that he completes his service game in confident fashion.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - Tsonga gets off to a confident start in this opening set as he fires down three big first serves, and Kohlschreiber is unable to get a foothold in the game.
- - TSONGA 0-0 - Tsonga will serve first at the start of this match after having won the toss.
- - Tsonga leads the pair's head-to-head record 4-1 with Kohlschreiber ranked at number 34.
- - Kohlschreiber had to beat Guillaume Rufin of France 6-4 6-4 to secure his progression through to the second round, while Tsonga had a bye.
- - Fourth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga takes on Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany as the pair lock horns on Court Central in their second-round clash at the Monte Carlo Masters.
|Date of Birth||16/10/1983|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|